It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham/bacon and offers halal meat after 'strong demand' from Muslims.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: socketdude

You're a funny guy, the fact that your first few posts on ATS have been to derail this thread, proves you are just a troll...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah, because trolls enjoy educating people the truth.

OK, I'm not going to converse with you on this subject anymore, because I have made my point -- anything after this is just pointless mumblings to another pointless mumbler.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude
Here's the thread from LAST YEAR:

SUBWAY HALAL MEAT THREAD FROM LAST YEAR

Thanks. That's exactly what I've been saying. Tabloid cycles that make people with short-term memory angry with the same over exaggerated stories every few months.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

On the contrary people need reminding about these types of affairs, if it was upto you, I suppose you'd just like to brush it under the carpet.

And thank God you've decided to stop conversing, socketdude, I'm sure you'd struggle to educate a toddler to tie his own shoes.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Agree. Yes there are some crazy Muslims that do need to be dealt with. Anjem Choudhary for example and many other violent preachers like his little friend Abu baraa who's a hardcore ISIS fanboy.

Anjem Choudhary had close ties to the Greenwich beheaders but nothing was done about him and is walking free, preaching death and running recruitment for ISIS.
That just tells us that somebody wants these sort individuals who are commiting treachery out in the open and brainwashing kids, walk free.
To create a problem and provide a "solution" after all these terrorist acts are committed and the public demand something be done.
Problem reaction solution, followed by divide and conquer.

EDIT: Woolwich, not Greenwich.

edit on 27-4-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: skalla

My local asda (Walmart sister) has a butcher section, where they only supply halal meat. In hounslow, it has been colonised by just about every race bar English. In the store I can't even buy lamb...I have to eat mutton. It is a form on product discrimination, appealing to the local community which makes complete business sense. However it completely alienates the people who have not immigrated and wish to remain in their "home town". Cater for the local population, don't alienate British values of freedom of choice.

I just spoke to the Manager of Asda, Hounslow branch and he said that they do indeed sell Lamb Chops, and they also sell un-smoked Back Bacon, which i specifically asked for. Their phone number is HERE should anyone else care to check.

So yeah, i'm calling BS on your claims.
edit on 27-4-2015 by skalla because: their/there

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: socketdude

So sorry!
To me "lately" means in recent time, as in the past couple years and to be honest, I didn't even look at the date of the article.

The thread you linked did not come up in my search, so if you have an issue with it feel free to report it and the Mods can do what they will with it, I don't care.

Also, just to be clear there is no agenda behind my OP, I simply wanted to know how others felt about this issue, thus the question you quoted.

As for it being "old news" so what, is it no longer relevant?
Do we stop discussing 9/11 cause it was so many years ago?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Also, just to be clear there is no agenda behind my OP

but

Is anyone else getting tired of all this Muslim crap lately?

Does show an agenda, at least have the nuts to stand up for what you mean.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A private business decided to cater to a demographic which was making up a large enough portion of their demographic to warrant it and you blame Muslim people for what... Existing? It's a business, they're just trying to make money and they're not being forced into doing anything, they're doing it because it's profitable. Supply and demand, there's a high demand so subway's gonna supply. How, exactly, is this news?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's absurdly phobic, and aside from your post

A restaurant can't be halal if they use pork, the cross contamination factor is too high and they would lose business from their Muslim customers, which I'm assuming is the majority at the sites mentioned. Businesses cater to the majority demographic if they want to make the most possible money, that's just how business sense works.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Pfffftttttttt that's not how ghettos are created! They're designed specifically to create a designated area for whatever undesirables are being discriminated against at the time are relegated to, like the Jewish ghettoes under Hitler's regime. It does not mean that a bunch of people move to an area and others move out, when that happened in Brooklyn, they called it gentrification. Being afraid of Islam is feeding into media hype, and remaining ignorant of the fact that terrorism has no religious ties, they use it as an excuse, but they're not practicing they're religion. The ignorance hurts my brain. You really believe that people are going to just accept human rights violations, and completely change the laws... Or that this story about a sandwich shop is somehow indicative of a "takeover".

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

But, of course, it's OK to incite hate when it's directed at those you fear yourself. It's a foolish double standard. Radicals will be radicals and if you think it's uncomfortable living in the same country as folks who you believe hate you, then you understand what you're promoting yourself. Of course, trying to come to an understanding and looking into the religion itself and learning the difference between a radical extremist terrorist group and a religion is apparently too difficult, and the fear sells. The media is selling you a pile of lies and you're helping to spread their message. Also, I'm fairly certain that rampant nationalism is precisely what has created terrorist groups in the past. The argument "I'm not a bigot I have an xyz friend, here's a generalization" doesn't hold up. It's just a product of ignorance. I've lived in areas with widely diverse populations with no issues myself, and truly believe most folks just want to go along and get along. What I don't understand how folks can be so ethnocentric that they believe others should assimilate into their cultures to live there, especially when they're protesting it when it happens in the other direction.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I see some inconsistencies in people who don't want gay cake, but also oppose muslim's asking for halal meat. What's the difference that prevents it from working both ways?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2015 by arpgme because: nevermind

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So a news article from a year ago about Subway making a business decision is riling up certain people against muslims because they want to eat "authentic" "pure" bacon and ham from Subway instead of turkey versions of it, and those damned muslims are to blame instead of Subway itself, because now those people will have to go to Subway branches not in heavily muslim populated areas?

Has anyone ever EATEN at Subway? Do you really think "Eat Fresh" is literally true (or that it at all applies to their "indistinguishable nameless meats")?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It's just a business... Trying to make as much money as possible... It's called 'Capitalism'!

What's your issue?!?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Yeah, still not seeing what agenda you're pointing out.
Perhaps you could at least have the nuts to say outright what agenda you're seeing.

Posing a question to ATS asking how everyone else feels about this was my only agenda.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Are people annoyed at a religion pushing its 'rules' on a general public of mixed religions?

Are people upset by the fact a portion of people are changing things for other people they dont speak for?

Is it because they are Muslim and if it was a christian reason it would be more acceptable?

Is it because people dont like change? (or ham)

I know why i dont like this and my im sick of it. Any group that doesnt like something can avoid it, if avoiding it still puts them too close to whatever it might be, they shouldn't go near it.

How far can somthing like this be taken? It starts with ham - people dont eat it (people being anyone, that for whatever reason, cant or wont eat it), then moves to the premises that ham has on it, are butchers on the same street who have pork in the shop next to be banned or restricted? The city? The country? the world?

I love irony and here some from this: All the Muslims this meat effected had to do was buy sandwiches from another shop, which is what alot of people will do because subway gave in to a ridiculous demand. But how did those muslims know they liked subway if they couldnt eat from the same place where pork is prepared?
edit on b49491009 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Geez ATS, it's really not that big of a deal. Methinks you guys need some priorities.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Halal blessing of food is expensive and accounts for a multi-billion-dollar industry. Some have said that some (or much) of the funds accrued though Halal certification is sent to support fundamental insurgencies... It's a fact that some of the funds support the building of mosques and other Islamic indoctrination institutions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join