It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham/bacon and offers halal meat after 'strong demand' from Muslims.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Fast food giant Subway has removed ham and bacon from almost 200 outlets, and switched to halal meat alternatives in an attempt to please its Muslim customers....

The chain, which has around 1,500 outlets across the UK, explained its decision by saying it had to balance animal welfare concerns with 'the views of religious communities'.

Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat only after 'strong demand' from Muslims.

Is anyone else getting tired of all this Muslim crap lately?
I'm all for freedom of religion of any kind, as long as it's kept to yourself. If someone wants to know more or follow that's fine, but it shouldn't be forced on people who aren't of the same faith.

What really bothers me though is the fact that lately non Muslim countries seem to be conforming to the Muslims rather than the Muslims conforming to the country they choose to live in.

Granted I don't live in the UK where I presume all these Subway stores are, but how long till I can't buy a bacon cheeseburger or ham and eggs where I live cause Muslims demanded they no longer serve it?

Halal meat is fine, but why stop serving ham completely, why not just serve Halal meat and ham?
Those who are against eating pork can just NOT buy it.

What are your thoughts and feelings on this ATS?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Those who are against eating pork can just NOT buy it. 

Some Muslims can be persnickity. They don't like having pork in the neighborhood, much less having it stacked up next to their halal chicken and goat.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is pretty dumb, why not keep the ham and bacon and just put the halal in a separate area? Doesn't seem very fair to those people who enjoy ham and bacon on their sandwiches.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I am getting tired of this crap too, I don't get it myself. I personally think when you move to an area you should conform to the rules and ways of that area but Muslims don't seem to think this applies to them for some reason.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm in agreement with the OP. This is coming from a person who was raised in a Jewish family and who ate kosher whenever I ate with my family. If there wasn't a place that served Kosher food, we simply didn't eat there. We didn't complain and demand stores or food chains to serve to us in a manner that suited my parents' religion.

It's ridiculous to see so much power coming from religion when they should be residing only within their own walls.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Eff Subway then.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What is going on with religious people trying to force their religion on everyone else?

Don't like ham? Don't buy it. There are many other choices, buy beef or turkey.

Don't like gay marriage? Don't have one. Have a straight marriage.

link   

At the beginning of 2012 there were 1,423 SUBWAY® stores in the UK, almost a fivefold increase on the 2004 store count, and 99 stores in Ireland.

www.subway.co.uk...

While I agree this sounds dumb, what areas are these 200 stores in?

200 out of 1500 isn't a whole lot, it is not like they are bending over backwards with this policy.

If these stores are in highly muslim populated areas then it makes business sense IMO.

If you want bacon or ham, you can also just go find another place to eat right?

+4 more 
link   
Then I shall join the UNITED CHURCH OF BACON
This pandering has to stop - it's giving me a shippin headache.
edit on 26-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I'm in agreement with the OP. This is coming from a person who was raised in a Jewish family and who ate kosher whenever I ate with my family. If there wasn't a place that served Kosher food, we simply didn't eat there. We didn't complain and demand stores or food chains to serve to us in a manner that suited my parents' religion.

It's ridiculous to see so much power coming from religion when they should be residing only within their own walls.

Amen... or Shalom... whatever... I agree with you. Great post!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Amen... or Shalom... whatever... I agree with you. Great post!

Hahaha, "Great post" will do; I'm an Atheist.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When in Rome....
reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I, too, am curious where these stores are located. The Muslim population in America isn't substantial. Subway's taking quite the risk in alienating the anti-Muslim crowd.

Of course, Subway kind'a sucks anyway, so I don't give a fat baby's ass what their store policies happen to be. Voted with my lunch money a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh for the love of... This is getting out of hand. Are they worried about the fact that sandwich makers use the same pair of plastic gloves to handle all the ingredients? or that pig meat is in the building all together. that first one is easy to solve while allowing the rest of us to enjoy the bacon goodness, I dunno about the second one..

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Admittedly assuming here, if this is purely a ploy to just try and get more customers into their stores that as it stands wont ever come in, is it is still pandering or just trying to make more money?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Removing those items just for one demographic seems suspect. I won't be going there for my ham and cheese anymore

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Can I get a goat meat sandwich on pita bread with a glass of camels milk please

edit on 26-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Why don't they just start a halalway sandwich shop instead?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Penn Station just got ALL of my sandwich business.

Subway's action is an act of cowardice.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

When it effects less than 5% of the stores it is an act of cowardice?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join