It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Respond to Wrong House, Kill Service Dog Who Worked With Children With Down Syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Damn that is sickening, I'm not really sure what is classified a good cop these days..I would like to think it's the kind that speaks out and does not look at their feet whilst there comrades are doing bad stuff. I think more filler these days than good..not bad in actions but questionable on their inaction.
Sick of these aholes shooting everybodys pets.

I will say we only hear about the bad stuff..for what that is worth.

edit on 3-4-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Should i take a picture of the hole in my leg where im missing fat from a dog attack that was not a pit yes the dog is strong and powerful but that means sqaut SO, like above poster stated it was a service dog not a fighting pit thats no excuse to shoot the dog dont blame the dog it had nothing to do with the dog....a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

True or False: Pit Bulls have locking jaws.
Correct Answer: False. 
Pit Bulls jaws are no different than any other dog -- no dog has locking jaws.True or False: Pit Bulls have stronger bites than any other dog. 
Correct Answer: False. 
Both German Shephereds and Rottweilers have stronger jaws than a Pit Bull.

link to info

I mean we can continue to make false assumptions without evidence or we can educate our selves on misconceptions
edit on 3-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

As a service dog handler and trainer for over a decade, I can truthfully tell you there are MANY pit bull service dogs. Service dogs come in all breeds.

And yes, this dog was a legitimate service dog for a disabled handler, not just a therapy dog for kids in hospitals.

It is a shame that this happened. It's not the first time a cop has killed a service dog. Hopefully there is a thorough investigation.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Pit Bulls as service dogs are not typical, but it isn't unheard of either. To say they "lack the attention span and dicipline" is kind of like saying that about all 40 year old women, or all 29 year old men...lumping them all together isn't appropriate.

Everyone here knows what the "stereotype" is of a Pit Bull. SO even doubted that the dog was an actual service dog. All the dogs I have seen have been trained and have certification stating they are service dogs.

To be a service dog or a therapy dog, not just a personal pet/service dog, it would have needed to be certified, especially working with individuals with Down Syndrome. Now if it was the owner's dog and he had children of his own with DS, then I could see SO's point, too.

I've even fibbed (once, forgive me) at a hotel about my own little tiny ball of fur being a service dog. It was the only hotel in the area for many, many miles. AAA said they accepted pets, but we got there and they had a huge sign saying NO PETS. What are ya gonna do?

Regardless, the dog should've never been killed. A poster above said it best. It is all of our faults these things continue to happen. We The People rant and rave on ATS about these topics but, when it gets down to the nitty gritty? No one does anything to change things or to right the wrongs in society. Probably because we don't know where to start or how to go about it. I know I don't, so I just try to be a decent person, treat people with respect, and mind my own damn business.

Still stinks about the dog though, no matter what the breed. He was someone's pet and was loved, cared for and appears he was also very well behaved.

Btw for those who are interested, here is some info from the ADA about service animals: ADA Service Dog Information
edit on 3-4-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It will continue until we start avenging the deaths of our dogs at the hands of the pigs

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
maybe its just my temper getting the best of me here, but for me in a case like this the only sensible thing left to do would be to return fire on the one that terminated my family member. They would've been catching lead in buckets at that point! Shame on the pig that kills the dog!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dbarnhart

It will continue until we start avenging the deaths of our dogs at the hands of the pigs

I agree whole heartedly with you.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Spider879
and there are more good cops than bad

I disagree. There are very few good cops. Any cop that remains silent, or doesn't turn in a bad cop, is a bad cop.

Anyway…

This happened because: pit bulls. They are an unpredictable breed. There's no way around it.

This confirms your statement Skeptic.

The cops in the US have killed more ppl in one month,
then the British cops have killed in over 100 years...

Truly hard to believe.

US cops kill more citizens in ONE MONTH then Brits do in 100+ yrs

Also, truly sad.

I'd like to see more "less then lethal" methods used.

Apparently rubber bullets are reserved for female pastors
who protest police violence.

Female pastor shot point blank by rubber bullets at police violence protest

Quite the free speech response there...

edit on 4-4-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
and there are more good cops than bad

I disagree. There are very few good cops. Any cop that remains silent, or doesn't turn in a bad cop, is a bad cop.

Anyway…

This happened because: pit bulls. They are an unpredictable breed. There's no way around it.

Actually, I beg to differ with you. There is another way around it. This happened because: bad cop. PERIOD! www.dogsbite.org... Try educating yourself, and deny ignorance!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
The pit bull misconception is one of the biggest I've been snapped at by more jack terrier and chihuahuas than I have pitbulls

Please don't try to convince me that they're more dangerous because of a study on aggression. Those dogs do not have the size, strength, and especially jaw strength of pits. There's no comparison.

Disclaimer: was attacked by "normally nice and docile" pit bull in NYC, who broke away from their owners and charged us from across the street.

You're basing your whole opinion off of one encounter? Your argument is invalid! Sorry.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879>>>> There should be a " Pink Pistol" award when an officer is involved in a questionable shooting that lands them on desk duty or restricted service or puts them under investigation. Take away their service sidearm and give them a pink plastic toy pistol to carry. That would send these guys a message not to over react and to only shoot when they are damn sure its necessary.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't believe they get lost. In our town they have choppers and it seems everyone is accounted for, they know where everyone is much of the time.

So...they knew that was a service dog and sacrificed it, many police are satanists, if not all, because those in responsible or power jobs that arent, what are they doing not speaking up, are they token uninformed like mascots for the public to pretend they're in a normal world, when they're not, and cost the poor and handicapped incredible money, because that dog and its training was very very valuable.

And they knew it.

Thats how I see it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You know what I think?
In Australia, if you assault a police animal, you get charged with assaulting an officer and get the maximum sentence accorded by law.
Animals owned by members of the public should be classed the same.
If a cop kills your pet, it should be viewed as a murder and investigated thoroughly.
No double standards.
edit on 4415 by symphonyofblase because: Fixed grammar

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

I'd agree but well, cops don't get charged with murder when they kill people either. Seems the animal is being treated with the same status quot as people are in the U.S. by cops already. If the dog had hands we'd hear the cop thought he had a gun.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: saadad
Kid with Dow sindrom should be happy that cop didn't shoot him.

What is internal affair doing. Or are they all corrupt?

Just wait and see- they'll do nothing, in the end.

Cops shoot and kill unarmed citizens regularly- and rarely get a real punishment. Why would they be punished for executing a dog?

They should be punished for both.

That is what you should be rooting for.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I read this the other day, and there was a photo of the guy curled up and laying on his dead dog and it was the most heart breaking photo iv seen in a long time. I actually cried.
edit on 4-4-2015 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dbarnhart

I certainly understand where you're coming from but there has to be a better way than publicly calling for the deaths of people. Maybe we can start making their trainers responsible? If they're training/passing unqualified people, it should be on them. We also need to reform the system to sue the police department, right now anything they pay out comes from the taxpayers. We need to make it come from them. I like the idea of payouts coming from their retirement fund rather than operating expenses.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Wait...he yelled at the dog to go inside? When the dog didn't obey he shot the poor thing?

WTF.

that cop must have some kind of disability if he really thinks a dog will respond to him. should not be on the force.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join