It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Antarctica reveal if . . .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry but do you really think our land masses float on water? Wouldn't we constantly be changing positions if the continent's were floating on water?
Now we do float to an extent that in our mantle are magma chambers and the continent's and plates are in motion over a molten core. But we're not floating on water.
And if the ice shelf melts completely there won't be enough people left to care what gets revealed and in fact after an event like that it would probably be a long time before man went to look.
edit on 432015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've always liked the theory that there was once a civilization on the continent of Antarctica or even that it was once the home of the legendary Atlantis or the civilization that the Atlantis myth was based off of.

The problem is, part of the theory doesn't make sense. So the theory goes that there was an advanced civilization living on Antarctica and then some catastrophic disaster (pole shift, sudden crustal displacement, meteor impact) happened and Antarctica became the frozen land at the bottom of the world, forcing this civilization to flee to all parts of the globe, eventually giving rise of the Egyptians, the Mayans, etc.

What doesn't make sense to me is: if there really was such an advanced civilization living on Antarctica, why is it that they remained on the continent and never branched out and conquered the rest of the world until they were forced to? You'd think that if there was really an advanced civilization there, they would have branched out and colonized other regions, other islands, other continents.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Wow now that would shake the world view of our history if it turns out to be true

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A very interesting idea and something I would love to know more about. The sheer size of the Antarctica leaves a lot to the imagination. If all of the continents were once joined, it is very possible that there would be a very interesting history under those layers of ice and snow.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Don't expect to find anything special under that amount of weight. The slow crushing and grinding of the glacier will destroy nearly everyting. Lots of rocks and sand me thinks.

This is quite the pool of frozen water. 61% of all the fresh water on the planet. As mentioned we would be having bigger problems, huge problems. 200 feet of increased sea level problems. No joke

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
we can pretty much 'assume' that there is an 'advanced' group setting there.

on their own, more or less, probably a small utopian environment for some unknown people, possibly alien/military types

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sorry, didn't fully understand the rules of this section. *Sober debunking mode off*

I really like the Antarctic as candidate for Atlantis. In a time where the poles were located somewhere else and a possible (land)bridge with south america. Although I have to say I don't understand how a magnetic poleshift also relocates the 2 points on this sphere that get the most shallow sunlight.

If anything I'd suspect tectonic plate movement to fit that bill. But the timeframe is enormous. If anyone ever called it home it must have been a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join