It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Antarctica reveal if . . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Global warming is true, and the ice shelf really does melt into the bordering ocean, revealing Antarctica's land mass for the first time in millenia.

I have this theory that humanity started in what is today's Antarctica, the land it all truely started.

The current poles have experinced what we are calling an ice age. The LAND is buried under huge thick ice shelves, and god knows what was lost in the quickening of frozen states.

My theory goes as such;

That prehistoricaly-advanced race that lingers in our subconscious, originated in today's Antarctica, maybe the originations of the Atlantis legends, carried out through time via oral exchange.

The native inhabitants of this great civilization, were of dark complexion. The great flood took place, earth was going through a rare and extreme cycle of change influenced either internally (of earth itself) or externally via celestial bodies and alignments.

Such a specific and rare event, rocked the world, and the greater civilizations were prepared to abandon their home continent, gathering their tools and valuables. .
It was inevitable living on a planet's land mass that floats on water and is influenced by other celestial bodies (Laws of nature/physics).

From (current) Antarctica; the inhabitants escaped disaster and fled to the nearing continents. Inhabitants of said civilization, branched in all directions, in panic and fear.

Some landed in current; South America, South Africa, and Australia. Hence these geophysical locations, their earliest natives were black skinned such as the Antarcticans (in my theory). Even Australia's Natives were dark skinned, after continental retreat.

These survivors were hasty in recovering their core; cultures, belief, sciences, math, geometry, astronomy.. everything we percieve as advanced knowledge.

The superior survivors claimed kingship over fellow man; hierarchy was rebirthed. The superiors used their recollection of advanced knowledge to re-imitate their original civilization.

After original settlement in their new continental homes; the separated people's of the 3 southern most points (S.American, S.Africa, S.Australia), had to farm and find resources before they could reestablish their now separate civilizations.

Mining lots of gold is an obvious event that took place, especially in Africa where very large, complex networks of formations are found. Still a mystery today..

After establishment took final;it was time to migrate further for resources and land claim. Mainly those thst landed in Africa I am talking about.

The South American-Antarcticans (lol); became the Mayan and Aztec. The south African Antarcticans migrated towards the Nile and founded what we name Egypt. The south Australian Antarcticans sailed further northwest, today's Asia.

Erecting simular pyramids, cultures, belief systems, and heirarchies; these civilizations began populating and migrating over various continental regions establishing what we know of today.

Along the lines of time; these once connected people forgot their true origin, now separated by geography, culture, belief, Geographically, long ways from home, faded from memory ..

Due to bodily changes via biological adjustments to each civilizations then, climate and environment, facial features and skin tone changed, making the branched species un-recognizable from each other.

Language didn't help either. ..

Religion and military was birthed, and man started dominating each other, which leads to present day.

Now the purpose of the thread; if my theory had any grain of truth to it; there will be super-ancient remnants of our original civilization,Antarctica, after the ice shelves melt.

Bringing the deep freeze to a deep flood, finally revealing the land mass of Antarctica to the world. A LOT of excavation and discovery would await us, to find such remnants if they indeed exist.

I believe amazing things will be discovered when the ice age of Antarctica depletes, and another region of Earth becomes the new poles (farthest region from the Suns warmth = some kind of shift due to water weight turning the planet from ice melt flooding of the current poles?)

I can't write a book here, so a lot of gaps manifest in this posting. But there is more to elaborate on within this theory.

For another time I suppose

Thank you for reading the entirety if you have, I welcome all thoughts and criticism on this theory and what may be discovered under all that thick ice mass on Antarctica

So what does ats members think...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Goes without saying; Giza, Manchu Peechu, Mayan stepped pyramids, all the ancient mysteries regarding massive and precise construction of still standing structures... we're built by the generations after the continental retreat.

All the advanced knowledge and skills that we recollected from the homeland (Then Antarctica) is what was used to erect the still fascinating structures we see standing through time.

We can't even replicate Giza currently, showing how far we are from recovering our previous peek of advancement.

ETA - it also makes one think of the common comparisons of various religious leaders.. I'm not going to name gods etc to not disturb people's views of how closely related religion is the world over, but lots of simularities.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Your theory has the same level as any other, as we know almost nothing of real history, many have made it this way through the ages. I am sure the answers are here and there, but TPTB want us ignorant and complacent and that is what most are. It is very possible that earth has been inhabited for much longer than we are led to believe, and by many more beings. I dream of one day all of mankind enlightened of the past, driven of today, to make a great and peaceful tomorrow.....but this is just a dream....good theory....who knows, you could be the one who gets it right...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Interesting theory.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would not be surprised at all if we did find the remains of a civilization under the ice.

Nice theory, tickles my fancy as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
Your theory has the same level as any other, as we know almost nothing of real history, many have made it this way through the ages. I am sure the answers are here and there, but TPTB want us ignorant and complacent and that is what most are. It is very possible that earth has been inhabited for much longer than we are led to believe, and by many more beings. I dream of one day all of mankind enlightened of the past, driven of today, to make a great and peaceful tomorrow.....but this is just a dream....good theory....who knows, you could be the one who gets it right...

Same level? I wasnt aware most theories look at Antarctica as the origin?

Would it not make sense; the reason his story is lost in time because something so catastrophically changing occurred, which traumatized the human psyche?
Everything that was us, was lost, amongst the Earth changes. The water swept continents and flooded regions. History and remnants lost in the great flooding?

I traveled to Norway in 2013; on a flight to Oslo from Stavanger, the pilot flew much lower then normal due to perfect flying conditions, we were so close to mountain tops as we flew across this breathtaking view..

One thing I noticed was ; the majority of Mountain tops had water sources like small lakes. All across the mountainous stretch of this geophysical body (Norwegian mountains).

Immediately my mind visualized large water splashing over the mountain tops and land, then receding as the oceans and lakes.

Not that this validates the great flood in anyway; was just a spontaneous visualization and feelings I got as I admired the gorgeous landscape. Which could relate with my theory.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Read "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock,if you haven't.
He has a similar theory.

Scientists have found fossilised tropical plants deep under the ice sheets in Antarctica,so humans may well have thrived there maybe before the last ice age.
Some links:
www.sciencedaily.com...

www.theguardian.com...

I think one day they may find evidence of ancient settlements under the ice,and it wouldnt surprise me if they were once an advanced civilisation for their time with similar house/boat building techniques and solar alignments to the ancient Egyptians and,Asians and Americans.

You should also check out ATS brother SLAYER69 threads,he has done a lot of research on the subject of ancient advanced cultures,and its well worth a read.

edit on 2/4/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist By same level...I mean that your theory is as good as anyone elses on any historical event and/or location, not specifically anything. Take away all the BS,wars, psychotic religious homicidal maniacs, and constant fabricated divide, We could use these resources to build the true history of our world, and the large icepad is a good start. Real leaders would not do what is in play as we speak, they would find a way...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
After probably traversing the same path as you, I have come to a similar conclusion. It's unfortunate that most do not seek out their own truths and follow intuition. Pyramids have been found on all continents with similarities connecting them more than anyone wants to accept. I always keep in mind that the oldest way of passing knowledge onto the next generation was through stories. These stories naturally change over time but were once based on real events which disappoints me that most dismiss them based off how they no longer fit within our reality. My greatest wish would be to see exactly how our history has played out because all of us know it's so much more interesting than what we were initially taught. Sometimes I truly feel that these ancient sites had dual purpose with the latter being a warning that the earth has always maintained control and our sole purpose like every other living thing in all forms is survival. Polar shifts are an undeniable historic truth which most dismiss because it's associated with the end of the world. The topic is not if polar shifts occur, the topic is how can we determine and prepare for the next one to ensure our survival. Otherwise, new civilizations might be looking at our structures much like the pyramids assuming ours would stand the tests of time.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
While I like your theory, I fear that if anything really groundbreaking was found, we, the general public, would never hear of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Naabaahii Yes, but we build concrete straw huts compared to past construction, look at all the evidence we have, and it is very small compared to what is still covered in the veil of time. Puma Punku, Gobekli-tepe, the list is endless, lasted thru no telling what, for 10s of thousands of years (or much more) todays best construction at most maybe 400 to 500 years if no big events take it down first. One engineering rule of thumb: the newer the construction, the shorter its lifespan. I remember a story about a ufo base in Antarctica, been 30 years or so, The author stated it could be the start

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This may interest you
Also lots of other googleable images and web sites covering different aspects of this land mass

"Scientists Create a Detailed Map of the Antarctic Landscape Below the Ice and Snow"

inhabitat.com... -detailed-map-of-the-antarctic-landscape-below-the-ice-and-snow/

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Reviewing other research I would agree with the transference of populations traveling to other parts of the globe. But it appears as though the only real possibility, minus any complicated forms of transport would have been to South America.

It appear as though at one time Antarctica and South America were connected by a land mass. The other continents show no such feature.

This land mass that connected the two continents appears to have been severed by a spherical mass. The sea floor in the area is only roughly 20 million years old. But that in no way can reflect the actual date of this calamity as Rocks from much older or younger areas of the sea floor could have been relocated by the event..

So I would say yes to migrations to South America by foot. Other continents would have required at least boats

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sorry that link does not go to the image so here it is ... It is created by NASA

edit on 2-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Apparently Antarctica is gaining ice, not losing it.

The ice that covers the Arctic Ocean has been on an overall downward trend in summer for more than three decades now, but the growth of sea ice in winter at the opposite end of the world in the Antarctica has been trending upward over the same time span. That doesn’t contradict the idea of global warming — for one thing, the growth is very slow compared with ice loss in the Arctic — but it’s still a scientific mystery that scientists want to understand.

www.climatecentral.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The biggest hole in this theory is that archaeology shows again and a again that humans started in Africa and spread from there. The people in South America have been where they are at significantly less, time wise, than the people to the north of them. If we started in Antarctica and spread from there, we should see different patterns in the the ages of various human population, and all the oldest bones should be found emanating outward from the far south. This isn't the case, though Australia is a queer outlier with a population somewhere near 50k years old. The Australian aboriginals still even have the archaic hominid brow, indicating they're been isolated there for a long ass time. No pyramids there, though.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
This may interest you
Also lots of other googleable images and web sites covering different aspects of this land mass

"Scientists Create a Detailed Map of the Antarctic Landscape Below the Ice and Snow"

inhabitat.com... -detailed-map-of-the-antarctic-landscape-below-the-ice-and-snow/

That's pretty cool! Thank you for sharing that

The first thing that came to mind seeing that picture of Antarctica. . Is.. "so much land mass!".

That continent is MASSIVE, and under all that ice the most beautiful and possibly alien-like landscapes. A landscape that hasn't been exposed in millenia!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I also always thought Antarctica was likely Antlantis in ancient times. Just a hunch, but I wouldnt be surprised if there were the remnants of advanced civilization under the ice.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

"That they originally came from a land of constant sunshine, from a country much past the northern ice barrier is the tradition of the Eskimos themselves, and it is a tradition which must be given full weight, for it could not have arisen among them in the first place without cause. On this point Dr. Senn says: `When questioned as to the land of their origin, they invariably point north without having the faintest perception what this means.'

The Origin of the Eskimos

Seems the Eskimos remember where they are from, and it isn't from the South

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Here is an old 1984 article from the new York times www.nytimes.com...

Personally I do not believe we came from there but there are many theory's that such a fact could support, however it remains speculation and it is actually just as likely that such southerly being would have been white then adapted there skin developing dark pigment to protect themselves.

Some point out that the only SUPPORTING anthropology (I take exception to the term it is Proven or it is SHOWN when it is not) is found in Africa, the fact is we are one race not ten or a hundred but we have a wide range of variation even in our own family's let alone tribal variations, we were on the verge of become three distinct species but that would have required further isolation and separation of the separate human family groupings.

Modern travel and migration has ruled that out as a viable future for humanity and now we are more likely to head for a re-convergence of those disparate gene pools through more easy movement of individual's.

Some claim Antarctica is Attala the white island while otters have suggested Antarctica is Atlantis, the name similarity is obvious however the argument that south America or even a large area of the now submerged eastern continental plate of south America could also be the mythical Atlantis, I have no doubt there are lost lands but though Plato was not the first to mention Atlantis and there are older account's it is his account that believers go by.

I think the human race is far older, there was a cataclysm of some kind that wiped out there cultures, disrupted the climate and led to a die off, some tribes survived and in the highlands and massive space of Africa humanity fought back before coming out and recolonizing the world, other survivors such as the Neanderthal were not a linear progression from monkeys and indeed were inbred survivors living as best they could in small tribal groups, there congenital deformity's and adaptation to the live they lived as troglodytes as well as the harsh climate minimizing travel as well as above ground habitation led to them becoming as we know them from bone's, but even then today our view of these humans as being primitive club wielding cave UG's is thrown out as we have found ritual burials in which they used red Ochre to cover the body's or at least the bones of the deceased, they cared about there sick and they probably had culture.

The more modern humans out of Africa had more abstract thinking or at least it seems that way but this is challenged in areas were the two people's met and the few archaeological relics from that time suggest the idea's of the Cro-Magnon's were actually adopted by the Neanderthal's who seem to have tried to copy the more artistically skilled new arrivals'.

Better weapon's, more external adaptation to not living in caves and the ability to venture further in search of food as well as higher life expectancy and birth rate led to the Cro-Magnon to outpace there cousin's but they also intermarried with them as is proven today through genetic analysis.

Civilization may very well have begun in south Africa and there are tantalizing formations such as this known as the Dame De Mali, some say it is natural, perfectly possible but it is still tantalizing nevertheless
conceptionsof.com...

Or back to those supposedly primitive cavemen the neanderthall, well have a look at this
www.sciencephoto.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
news.discovery.com...
www.hyperion-media.com...

We really do not know, what if there was a more advanced branch of the Neanderthal who once had a civilization, what if the Bosnian pyramids are real and were actually there work.

There is not one Atlantis but many as you know but until we find unsuppressed evidence of ancient human or human like habitation in Antarctica it will remain an un provable hypothesis, a good one though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join