It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here has been to Area 51?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Absolutely so. Manicured is the perfect word to describe it. I was cruising quite comfortably at 90 and it was a very smooth ride. That bus went past me easily and it wasn't bouncing around at all. It just flew by like a very very large bird.

I was going to say something about how smooth the road was but I wanted to see if whatshisname said anything about the road being too rough for a bus to go that fast. To anyone who knows anything about the place, that would have been the end of his argument.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

If anybody here was working on alien tech at area 51 I expect they won't be risking their lives and just writing about it on a conspiracy forum.
He's talk crap.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dennisarends

You say it like you have proof of all this......... and then I see Steven Greer's name in your post and realise why you claim 100% without even having 10% proof.
The secret services are very good at keeping secrets yet you know all, impressive.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Uh no, the bus would never go 100mph.

Yeah, I was gonna call BS on that one too. Good luck keeping 4 wheels on the ground on that road at speed, especially if it has washboards.

I don't want people to think they will be harassed by the camo dudes. Everyone is perfectly free to visit the area, take photos by the warning signs, etc. Just don't cross the line.

After all the times I have been there, I feel a certain fondness for the camo dudes. In fact it is kind of comforting when I am poking around in the area to know they are watching. They are just doing their job, and do their best to keep their distance and not interfere.
edit on 2-4-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Your post indicates one thing for sure - you have no idea what you are talking about. My advice to you would be go there first. See it for yourself. Then, if you feel it necessary to attack the credibility of someone you have never met, at least you will have had first hand experience with the subject matter - unlike the present situation...

You claim to have been there many times, yet you seem to have missed the fact that the road is smoother than a lot of paved roads. And if you have been there sooo many times, I am sure you have seen a bus or two as well. And I am sure that bus was moving along quite nicely. I drove that road at 90, smooth as silk, and got passed by a bus that was hauling ass. Period.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Your post indicates one thing for sure - you have no idea what you are talking about. My advice to you would be go there first. See it for yourself. Then, if you feel it necessary to attack the credibility of someone you have never met, at least you will have had first hand experience with the subject matter - unlike the present situation...

You claim to have been there many times, yet you seem to have missed the fact that the road is smoother than a lot of paved roads. And if you have been there sooo many times, I am sure you have seen a bus or two as well. And I am sure that bus was moving along quite nicely. I drove that road at 90, smooth as silk, and got passed by a bus that was hauling ass. Period.

I kind of do know what I am talking about - I have been to the border signs about 20 times since 2003. I have never seen the road in the condition you describe. It gets rougher and rougher, especially as you get closer to the border i.e. around Campfire Hill. I am sure at different times of the year the road is better than others. I have also seen huge unexpected washouts on that road in the rainy season. Good luck going over that at "90 mph". I would hate to see someone reading this get in a car wreck thinking they can safely drive that fast on a dirt road.

I have 1000's of pictures to back up my "claim to have been there many times".

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I have pictures of the road when I went. I even comment on it in my posts back in 2011.

Think my link is on page one in this thread. Take a looksee. No washboards. No potholes. Hardly even anything. But smooth. My proof is in the puddin'.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It would take quite a tailwind to get that old Bluebird bus doing 90mph. And of course why would the bus driver pass you. Better to let you get far ahead rather than have your dirt clog up his air filter.

And why would the bus driver risk getting in an accident doing something so stupid.

Your post is a logic free zone.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Uhh.. I wasnt the one that made that statement.

But btw they dont use old bluebirds anymore. Got a picture of the new ones also.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I wonder what that shift is like for the cammo dudes. You'd better like the guy in the truck with you. I couldn't imagine sitting in a car in the middle of the desert for hours on end, in the off chance somebody comes around that doesn't belong.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77
a reply to: gariac

I wonder what that shift is like for the cammo dudes. You'd better like the guy in the truck with you. I couldn't imagine sitting in a car in the middle of the desert for hours on end, in the off chance somebody comes around that doesn't belong.

Pretty sure they sit in the shack until the tourists show up at the border (or when some guy on a quad leads them on a merry chase to various remote border crossings for hours).

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The base has more than one bus. In free territory, you can find a bus parked by the courthouse in Alamo.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior
a reply to: dennisarends

You say it like you have proof of all this......... and then I see Steven Greer's name in your post and realise why you claim 100% without even having 10% proof.
The secret services are very good at keeping secrets yet you know all, impressive.

thank you but i guess i was not talking to you then, sorry for your confusion, i should have been more clear.

edit on 4-4-2015 by dennisarends because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The bus driver can do whatever he wants to do. No one is going to stop him. Why would he go so fast? He can, and the people on the bus don't want to wait any longer than necessary. He is not risking an accident. Maybe you have seen log trucks drive through dense fog on twisting mountain roads through places like North Carolina, West Virginia, etc. They fly down those roads at well over 60 mph. I know because I thought I could out run one. I was doing around 60, and sweating some of the corners, when I got passed by one. They know the roads because they drive them every day.

The road I was on was gravel and only changed to dirt very near the gate, was graded smooth, banked sides, and smoother than a lot of paved roads I have been on.

Buses are more than capable of 100+ mph.

Given the familiarity of the terrain, the idea that he cant and wont be troubled by police, the somewhat secret nature of his passengers, and the near absence of traffic, the question is not why would the drive so fast but rather why wouldn't he?

You claim to have been there many times. Fine. Your description of the road does not match mine or any one elses, but that's ok. Its your description. But I was there to, and I know what I saw. I know how fast I was going. I know I got passed by a bus that was hauling ass. And if you want logic, think about it. You are driving a bus on a semi private road full of passengers whose identity is to remain secret, toward a top secret military base in the middle of the desert. In front of you is a car going 90 mph. If you were the bus driver you are saying you would slow down and stay behind this unknown vehicle...to protect your air filter? um, logic free zone... If it were me, I would pass the unknown vehicle as soon as possible. Get it behind me where it can do the least damage. And if it gives chase, then call the troops in. If it slows down and lets you go about your business, like I did, then you have the suv waiting for them at the gate, like they did.

You think the bus should sit back and go slower, behind what could be a blocker vehicle, while carrying passengers destined for a top secret military base in the middle of a desert, any of which are excellent targets for kidnapping and torture for top secret information, blackmail, or any of a number of unsavory situations, and you would slow down, make a bigger target of yourself, and stay in the unprotected zone longer than necessary... And you call my post a logic free zone... This isn't a school bus un a field trip we are talking about. They fly a private airline to a top secret base where unmarked soldiers can shoot to kill with no due process to protect the passengers and you think a bus going 90+ is out of the question? Get a grip on reality sir.

edit on 4-4-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by:Vroomfondel
The bus driver can do whatever he wants to do. No one is going to stop him.... (LONG RANT DELETE)...Get a grip on reality sir.

Nevermind.
Carry on.
edit on 4-4-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

The bus driver can do whatever he wants to do. No one is going to stop him.... (LONG RANT DELETE)...Get a grip on reality sir.

Nevermind.
Carry on.

Hee hee. You could just kidnap the workers where they wait for the bus at the intersection of 93 and 375. Of course in Nevada, you never know who is packing heat.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Nevermind.
Carry on.

Hee hee. You could just kidnap the workers where they wait for the bus at the intersection of 93 and 375. Of course in Nevada, you never know who is packing heat.

Well sure. It would save the (probably low-paid) bus driver driving his route with the gas pedal pinned to the floor, frantically watching for those blocker vehicles trying to stop him, to kidnap/torture/kill the passengers.
edit on 5-4-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ehh....

So anyone else made the trip, here?

edit on 5-4-2015 by smirkley because: I enjoyed going and love to hear others experiences.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Nevermind.
Carry on.

Well sure. It would save the (probably low-paid) bus driver driving his route with the gas pedal pinned to the floor, frantically watching for those blocker vehicles trying to stop him, to kidnap/torture/kill the passengers.

Oh and the bus driver wouldn't think of calling the camo dudes via radio to ventilate the blocking vehicle. And the dudes could call the Ghost Squadron chopper which has a door gunner.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Ehh....

So anyone else made the trip, here?

Just trying to get this thread back on topic.

I dont think anyone really gives a crap about whos driving how fast or what.

If you want to have a bitch fight about that then you should start your own thread and then have at it there.

Sheesh.

edit on 5-4-2015 by smirkley because: for crying out loud!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join