It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

no.
Desertion

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Desertion.
It is a foul curse to a soldier. In my youth I would have hated Bergdahl for this alone and wished him a slow painful death. I have seen quite a few "cowards" in my combat service. Ranging from men that wet themselves, to men that need to "use the radio" when ever we came under fire, to men who always had ammo when the rest of the squad ran black. I have come to understand a little more now that I am old (I will not say I am wise). He can be forgiven for desertion and I honestly think 99.5% of soldiers with combat time would understand why he did it, even though they would hate him for it.

Misbehavior before the enemy.
There can never, nor should there even be attempted, an excuse for this charge. Bergdhal willing left his own forces to join the forces of the enemy. In effect, he "became" the enemy by choice. No soldier, no matter his years of service or war record, will ever excuse this behavior. Men died while this man ate meals with our foe. He was not a POW he was an ally.

He does deserve his day in court. We all do, civilians and soldiers alike. When the proof is laid bare and it is shown that he left his comrades to join the enemy, erase him from memory. Allow his mother and father their visitations with their son in a prison (Leavenworth). Then scatter his ashes to the wind.

Do not allow interviews to spread his and his new allies message. Do not allow a grave stone to serve as a marker. Let him die and the world be done with him.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Do not allow interviews to spread his and his new allies message. Do not allow a grave stone to serve as a marker. Let him die and the world be done with him.

I couldn't agree with this sentiment more. The only reason I used his name is because I was required to use the exact headline word for word. Normally in this case (or in things like mass shootings), I try to never use the person's name. I don't want to even give them that much attention.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I, for one, don't think a desertion charge is enough. I say he gets tried for treason. Good men died and bad men were set free on account of Bergdahl.

I don't know if I'd go so far as treason, but he definitely needs to rot.

The only way I'd go so far as treason is if there is some proof he actively tried to betray the forces with his actions. It's not like he necessarily wanted those five men released for him. That is the betrayal of the Admin. They should be charged for any treason from that.

This whole incident was chronicled, in the wikileaks documents...

Of the intercepted communications from the Taliban, when bergdah gave himself over to the Taliban, one of the pieces of equipment they noted him having was a camera. Why take a camera with you to defect to the other side ?

I can only guess, he had taken pictures of positions and things he shouldn't have, to show people that shouldn't see them....

Sounds like Treason to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I, for one, don't think a desertion charge is enough. I say he gets tried for treason. Good men died and bad men were set free on account of Bergdahl.

I don't know if I'd go so far as treason, but he definitely needs to rot.

The only way I'd go so far as treason is if there is some proof he actively tried to betray the forces with his actions. It's not like he necessarily wanted those five men released for him. That is the betrayal of the Admin. They should be charged for any treason from that.

This whole incident was chronicled, in the wikileaks documents...

Of the intercepted communications from the Taliban, when bergdah gave himself over to the Taliban, one of the pieces of equipment they noted him having was a camera. Why take a camera with you to defect to the other side ?

I can only guess, he had taken pictures of positions and things he shouldn't have, to show people that shouldn't see them....

Sounds like Treason to me.

Sightseeing, duh.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh well, case done then eh? Lets take the bastard out back and shoot him? Who needs a trial eh?

Despicable. Just despicable.

I have a question for you. How do you feel about the service members who died searching for him?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angy3112
a reply to: Excallibacca

hey guys, its unbelievable check this out
Germanwings crash: the co-pilot crashed the plane deliberately!
leboncoin.nu...

was Berghdahl charged with desertion on the plane? was he flying on the plane? how's that in any way relevant to the thread?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Second time he/she has linked to an article on the same site. I'm guessing there's something no good on the site or that he/she owns it, and I'm not into testing my spyware/virus programs.

Edit: Looking at that person's post history, every one of their posts links to that site. Is there a way to talk to an admin about that?
edit on 26-3-2015 by Excallibacca because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yea. Flag the comment and when the box comes up to report it, put your findings in. I flagged it as off topic but your flag is clearly a bigger issue.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It appears it's not an issue now, the account looks banned. I'm not seeing where to flag a comment, though. Sorry, I'm new to this but thanks for your help.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The little person looking thing under an avatar is a clickable icon. Hit that and you should see the ability to flag a post/comment.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
He's an embarrassment. The Obama Admin really dropped the pooch on that one.

The Obama admin knew B**chdahl was a traitor and used him to set 5 high ranking terror officials free. This guy can burn in hell for all I care, an equally if not more important question is why would a man with power of the entire country and certain parts of the world want these men set free?

This question has an answer and I doubt it's comforting...

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join