It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl’s attorney, told The Washington Post that his client was handed a charge sheet on Tuesday. Army officials announced they will provide an update in his case at 3:30 p.m. at Fort Bragg, N.C., but declined to discuss new developments ahead of the news conference.

Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

Without trying to start a fight, I can just say it's about time they decided what to do with this guy. Are you happy with the charges? I'm sure some will feel it's not quite enough.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

I hope he rots in whatever prison he is sent to. His desertion allowed for real killers to be released. Screw this guy...send him back to where he deserted from.

Not only that but he risked many other lives to try to get him as well. I say if you desert, you deserve to get what's coming. This isn't a child's game....there are no "take backs".
edit on 3/25/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That POS needs to stand tall before the man and answer for what he has done.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Big surprise. And what a great deal we got out of it with that prisoner swap, huh? What a friggin' embarrassment.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I, for one, don't think a desertion charge is enough. I say he gets tried for treason. Good men died and bad men were set free on account of Bergdahl.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
Big surprise. And what a great deal we got out of it with that prisoner swap, huh? What a friggin' embarrassment.

5 real killers in return for a wuss. Nice deal. Hope he burns. If/when he gets out, I have no doubt that he will live a life of complete misery.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
He's an embarrassment. The Obama Admin really dropped the pooch on that one.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Good thing they let those 5 or 6 "terrorists" go before they figured this out.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I for one shall abide my oft-repeated maxim "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". Wonder how many "Christians" are wishing ill on this young man? Just curious, since everyone here seems to have already brought the rope...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

I said I'd like to see him TRIED for treason, not convicted. I'd like proof one way or another about what happened, and that can only come with a trial.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
The Obama administration loves this guy, he represents everything Obama openly stood for before he got into politics and retconned his past. Obama should be brought up on charges as well for illegally negotiating the exchange without congressional approval

Also, sue the bastard for all that back pay.

Unless he's kept isolated this guy won't last 6 months in military prison unless they send him to GITMO to be with his buddies.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
I for one shall abide my oft-repeated maxim "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". Wonder how many "Christians" are wishing ill on this young man? Just curious, since everyone here seems to have already brought the rope...

Innocent until proven guilty? He IS guilty. He deserted and was traded for 5 terrorists. There is no innocent part here.

And no...I am not Christian. And yes....I wish plenty of ill on this young deserter, coward POS.

link   
Yes! Now just hope he is convicted.

This man put multiple people's life in danger. He deserted those that he was there to support and protect.

I hope they push for everything that they can charge him for.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Um, not guilty yet as he has yet to be convicted...... As for your feelings, I hear the Sith are hiring....

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

I think he brought his own rope when he left of his own will.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
he should also be charged with murder or at least man slaughter. all the men that lost their lives while looking for him, are a direct result in his desertion. he should be found guilty then take a rope and give him a first class hangin.

+1 more 
link   
We know EXACTLY what happened through Bergdahl himself and the testimony of his fellow soldiers. He was "disillusioned" with the US Army and left the base to attempt to join the Taliban. I don't think there is any question about it.

link   
a reply to: abe froman

And your comment got my wheels turning...

If convicted, could the families of the men killed while out searching for sue for wrongful death?

edit on 3/25/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Not under the UCMJ. Military law is it's own strange animal and I don't think a civilian court would hear the case.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What a surprise...can anyone here honestly say that Obama didn't know this when the deal was cut for the 5 murderous jihadis?

It's almost as if he is mocking Americans with every. single. thing. he. does.

(put the 'almost' in there to soothe some of the ninnies)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join