It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What has been (somewhat) verified?

1. Putin has not been seen and confirmed as in power for 9 days.
2. He has missed several preplanned meetings and events, things that he would not usually miss.
3. He has not commented on a tragedy which killed 30 people in his country.
4. NATO is currently starting military exercises/training in the Black Sea.
5. Military helicopters (at least one) seen flying into Moscow, itself rare and something not seen since May 2014, the first time in 15 years at least.
6. The Kremlin is denying anything has happened, yet unable to produce their leader.
7. There have been repeated false stories released in an attempt to hide Putin's absence.

What is unconfirmed/rumour?

1. The "announcement" that never was, there was no evidence for this suggestion ever having been made by the source claimed.
2. Flag missing from Kremlin. No photo evidence of this that I have seen.
3. No "fleeing" from the Kremlin, the trucks are for the celebration planned this week in Red Square.
4. No baby. This would not explain 9 days missing, and there is no other evidence to suggest this is valid.
5. Tanks outside the Mayors office. There's only one photo of this, despite the millions of tourists and citizens there. This is more plausibly an archive photo from an event of the past, and if it were happening it would already be international news.
6. Emptying of embassies. Clearly this is entirely unfounded and there is no confirmation of this from any source.

Given what we know to be true, there is clearly something happening in the Kremlin, and this cannot be denied. However, I now feel the need to add another potential explanation to the list of what might have happened...

1. He's ill.
This is till plausible, as Putin has built a cult of personality whereby he is some superhuman leader, meaning he can never show weakness. He knows his people are scared of being left without leadership, so he would want to hide any illness regardless of whether it's minor or otherwise.

2. He's dead.
Again, this is actually pretty plausible, and the Kremlin would then experience a massive amount of confusion with powerful factions vying for position. The constitution states that the PM (Medvedev) should then take power, but has he ever looked "capable" of doing so? He has also not been confirmed as seen as far as I'm aware.

3. He's been overthrown.
And it is plausible. There are a hundred and one things that could go wrong, things that might not go according to plan, things that might result in a power struggle. Not every coup means military flying in and a noisy battle for the Kremlin. It's entirely plausible that factions with access to the Kremlin could have done this pretty quietly and relatively calmly using the right people in the right places. All it could take is locking some doors at the right time and posting loyal guards in the right places and you have control of the Kremlin. Remember, everyone has their price, even loyal security.

And now for my new addition to the plausible situation list...

4. He's planning for war.
Not a nice thought, but it seems at least plausible that Putin has dropped everything to retreat into his war room to plan for an impending confrontation. Plenty of people have been pointing out during the Russian invasion of Ukraine that the price does not match the reward. He's risked a lot for very little, and that has led many to believe he was never intending to simply *just* take Ukraine.
The US transit hub opened in Romania last year (featured in the post above), and we currently have NATO conducting exercises with allies in the Black Sea, planned since last year as a show of force. In addition to these things we also have NATO, the UK and US all either considering assisting Ukraine and Baltic neighbours, or having committed to doing so already.
It could very well be that Putin reached a watershed moment, received intel about something or finally just snapped entirely and initiated preparations for war. He could right now be in a bunker putting the finishing touches to a plan to confront NATO in the Black Sea.

The reason I have added the last option to my list is that while most of the speculation has been based on the fact that Putin has never disappeared like this in 15 years, we've also never been this close to a full confrontation in that time either, this is unchartered territory and we do not know how Putin would act in the lead-up to war. And it has all led us on a merry chase too, hasn't it? While the world has been obsessing about whether he's still in control or not, he could have been smirking to himself at the chaos and confusion while he readies his forces.

The only thing not aligning with this last option is the seeming lack of any movement of any Russian assets so far, that we know of. But, would it be that visible, and would we know about it when the world is so distracted with his whereabouts?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
The other thing I'm curious about, looking at webcams and such around Moscow, it looks really quiet, and it's 15:00 Moscow time, and 46 degress Fahrenheit, and there isn't a whole lot of activity, except for a little traffic here and there. Moscow is a HUGE city, with LOTS of people. I know in my small town, it was 60 degrees and it was crazy-bust with people. So I'm just a little puzzled.

The cams could be on a loop.

Or

Moscow Building 5000 Underground Shelters by 2012

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

If this turns out to be a coup, and Putin has been dispatched, does anyone worry about what will happen if a military dictatorship or a stratocracy takes power in Russia?

If this is a coup, could it be the elite are tired of the losing money because of sanctions, and the only way out is to relieve Putin of his power.

Now what comes next is really up in the air, but if the sanctions are kept that means many of those rich elite are losing money and most of us don't like losing money...especially the rich and powerful.

As for the next being worse than Putin...that's another one of those things that only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I've done a reverse image search and this picture is only 3 days old...

So I'd like to know what "experts" said its several years old!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Several large trucks were parked near Kremlin Square on Saturday morning were fueling wild rumors connected with Putin's absence.

They look like the type of lorries one might possibly see that would be good for a covert operation on a large government/city building that needed evidence clearing or planting or both. That's quite a big crane too.

Stay away from big cities?

You have deny ignorance emblazoned across the bottom of your post, but you ignore the fact that these vehicles are all part of the setting up of celebrations for the one year anniversary of Russia having stolen Crimea from Ukraine.
We know this event is happening this week, and there are other photos by the same source showing that this is what the vehicles are for. They are not moving things in or out of the Kremlin, they are there building the seats and stage for the ceremony happening this week.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The idea that our media isnt reporting so as not to jump the gun is bullsh## - they do nothing but speculate desperately to be the first news! There must be something strange up to warrant this silence

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

And Spanish.

Organizacion
Tratado
Atlantico
Norte

OTAN = NATO.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I was a little confused by the so-called debunking of that video too, as the one they were comparing it to, suggesting it was an archive video, looked nothing like it.

But, I have seen people stating that the stills from the video the Russian media released were shown as being from 2012. If the stills from the video can be dated to 2012, then it's clear that the stills could not have been created before the video. Therefore the video would have to be prior to that date.

There's also suggestions that the clock that is seen on the desk in the video was very publicly given away as a gift to someone before this video was supposedly made last week.

I'm still undecided about that.
However, it still doesn't explain why a leader who want to always remain looking strong and capable would allow the whole world (and more specifically his own public) to gossip about his health and power. Where is he? Why hasn't he appeared on camera joking about being dead?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

4. He's planning for war.

What if he's 'training' for war ... and is testing to see how well the Russian system 'actually' works?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The only thing not aligning with this last option is the seeming lack of any movement of any Russian assets so far, that we know of. But, would it be that visible, and would we know about it when the world is so distracted with his whereabouts?

As newly minted Russian citizens, 5,000 young Crimean men have been conscripted for their mandatory 12 month military service. Then there's this:

The Russian Foreign Ministry has no information on nuclear weapons deployment in Crimea, but maintains that the country has the right to do so in principle.

“I don’t know if there are any nuclear weapons there at the moment and I am not aware of such plans, but in principle Russia can do this,” the head of the ministry’s Department for Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Weapons Control, Mikhail Ulyanov, told a Wednesday press conference in Moscow.

[Edit for brevity --DJW001]

“In 2015, the Defense Ministry’s main efforts will focus on an increase of combat capabilities of the armed forces and increasing the military staff in accordance with military construction plans. Much attention will be given to the groupings in Crimea, Kaliningrad and the Arctic,” Gerasimov said.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Cygnis
The other thing I'm curious about, looking at webcams and such around Moscow, it looks really quiet, and it's 15:00 Moscow time, and 46 degress Fahrenheit, and there isn't a whole lot of activity, except for a little traffic here and there. Moscow is a HUGE city, with LOTS of people. I know in my small town, it was 60 degrees and it was crazy-bust with people. So I'm just a little puzzled.

The cams could be on a loop.

Or

Moscow Building 5000 Underground Shelters by 2012

Hmm, I do remember reading about that.. Forgot about it, thanks for the reminder.

Funny, how communists can actually be philanthropic for their citizens.

Kind'a dissappointed with my government for not offering us something like this. (US government, I'm looking at you. If the Commies will do this for their people, what gives, not enough tax money??).

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
The idea that our media isnt reporting so as not to jump the gun is bullsh## - they do nothing but speculate desperately to be the first news! There must be something strange up to warrant this silence

You do not understand how Western media works. The press and internet media have been covering this story extensively, analyzing every clue and rumor. Television has scarcely touched it because there is nothing visual. Trucks setting up for a parade can't compete with buildings blowing up in Syria, sorry.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

The Russians are not communist any more; Putin runs a Fascist state with a gangster capitalist economy.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm guessing he's evacuated himself from the area or areas where the American, United Kingdom and Israeli nuclear warheads will explode after he launches his own arsenal in a terrible nationalistic psychosis spreading death across the western hemisphere. I agree, this is a worst case scenario but people, really, what else could it be???? I hope you like mushrooms baby cause they're coming for ya! Forget zombies, that was hollywood tripe you'll be glowing by the end of the week and Darryl ain't gonna save you. ORGASMATRON sepultura style Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: roth1
I hope he is ok, he is the only one keeping the corrupt USA in check.

Reality check. Both sides are corrupt..
So balance is bad? Seems as though they are keeping each other in check. Much like the cold war. By the way USA made the coup happen in Ukraine. And they did vote to be part of Russia. A VOTE. Unlike all the corrupt ways of USA to do things. Not saying they haven't done things in the past like in Georgia / Azerbaijan ect.. But they are on the right side on this one.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: generalspecificI agree, this is a worst case scenario but people, really, what else could it be????

It could still be a coup but organized by the doves who want peaceful relationships with the West and an end to the sanctions. If the Hawks did a coup and won it might just become all out war. But who knows, Russia might get a new leader who will quickly retreat from Ukraine, restore the Crim to a sovereign nation and cooperate with the West.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just found this:

To speculation about the fate of Putin Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov did not comment on Sunday . "No comment , the issue is over," he told the Interfax news agency , according to rumors about the health of 62 -year-olds . Putin can move short a trip to Kazakhstan on Wednesday . This was worried reports buoyancy . For this Monday a meeting of Putin and his Kyrgyz counterpart Almazbek Atambayev is announced in St. Petersburg.

here: Stern
So we will know tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Just found this:

To speculation about the fate of Putin Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov did not comment on Sunday . "No comment , the issue is over," he told the Interfax news agency , according to rumors about the health of 62 -year-olds . Putin can move short a trip to Kazakhstan on Wednesday . This was worried reports buoyancy . For this Monday a meeting of Putin and his Kyrgyz counterpart Almazbek Atambayev is announced in St. Petersburg.

here: Stern
So we will know tomorrow.

The Ides of March are come....

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979
Yeah I know I was just being silly. Ive got three kids I hope this ends peacefully with as little trouble as possible.

By 'this' I mean whatever is or isn't going on. Is there a early april fools in Russia, that scallywag could be pulling everyone's tails. This would be beat War of the Worlds.
edit on 15-3-2015 by generalspecific because: cause i can

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
On the subject of the NATO movements in the Black Sea -

The group has already been followed by Russian planes and ships - the commodore tells me: "We have some contact. We know Russian ships and aircraft are here." He says Nato has not been aggressive: "Obviously we want to provide assurance to our allied countries what we can do here in the Black Sea."

Nato muscle-flexing sends Putin firm message

So it seems that Russia is there and actively in range to do something if it wanted to. It seems as though this is just not being talked about other than in this piece as something of an "and also..." statement.

And Russia has reason to, it's international waters as the piece points out.

I just wonder if this might be a clue as to Putin's attitude, paranoia, plans, potential actions etc... He could be paranoid enough to think that NATO is planning something, or he could be actively planning something himself.

Still, only 24 hours to go until Putin is supposed to reappear for another scheduled meeting. I wonder if that one will go ahead and dispel all our theories once and for all, or whether he'll remain unavailable and fuel this speculation all week?

It will be incredibly interesting if he doesn't attend the very public events in Red Square!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join