It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Daedal

No its really not treason. This is more propaganda stuff. There are some really, really dark forces on the left.

I see this petition as no different than Republicans constantly trying to chase impeachment proceedings on Obama for various "scandals" he's gone through. In other words, what comes around goes around.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
100,000+ Useful Idiots all.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: avgguy
They'll never get charged because there is no clear violation of the Logan act on the books to reference. There was one case in the 1800's where 80 representatives sent letters to England about the mistreatment of prisoners, but the conviction fell apart before it even went to trial. there are other clear violations after that, but the govt never moved to prosecute because it's almost impossible to win the case.

It may be just a little bit easier to prove now that they've established a 6 1/2 yr. track record or Modus Operandi, of attempting to undermine the POTUS at every opportunity.

Hell, they're on record stating it was their number 1 goal.

It's time to end the madness! I say prosecute them and do it now.

Prosecuted for what? Sending a resolution of reminder? Hardly infringes on the Logan act.

Or do you mean prosecute them for interfering with the work of His most Royal Majesty? A president that wants to negotiate nuke stuff with a foreign government while he has threatened the peoples constitutional right to own small arms at home. A president that spoofs americans clinging to their bibles and guns while negotiating with folks that cling to the Koran and now want nuke status. Sounds like some guy out in the parking lot striping the gears on his manual transmission.

And that's why the decision of whether or not this is a violation of the Logan Act is not left up to constitutional scholars like yourself.

Another view might be that this is worse than a mere Logan Act violation.

Considering that not only have they attempted to interfere and undermine the bargaining authority of our President during negotiations with a foreign adversary, they have also undermined the bargaining authority of our allied P5 nations and that of NATO and the U.N. As well.

It's almost like treason on a global scale.

edit on 12-3-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I only say "your side" is because apparently, you have picked one when it comes to politics. I would say you vote right down the line as long as it has a "D" next to the name.

I don't care what letter is next to a name come elections. I actually vet the people running and have a criteria that I stand by. I have voted completely across the spectrum. I will admit to being center-right though.

Perhaps you have a selective memory.

I'm almost 60 yrs. old and I can't remember a political party ever losing favor this fast or teetering on the edge of implosion like today's GOP.

Seems to me in the past, President Jimmy Carter (remember him?), the DNC went down in flames back then and I see the same thing going on now. I'm a student of history and all the signs are there.

I just hope that the next elections, the majority will vote out all of the incumbents in Congress, and we see a common sense POTUS get elected, but I doubt it. Americans aren't that smart when it comes to voting. All they want is what can he/she get me?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How likely would it be if what they did, didn't reach the legal level of treason only a national embarrassment on an international scale , what if the residents of 47 states did a re-call if they felt strongly enough, I think that might be doable .

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
They'll never get charged because there is no clear violation of the Logan act on the books to reference. There was one case in the 1800's where 80 representatives sent letters to England about the mistreatment of prisoners, but the conviction fell apart before it even went to trial. there are other clear violations after that, but the govt never moved to prosecute because it's almost impossible to win the case.

It may be just a little bit easier to prove now that they've established a 6 1/2 yr. track record or Modus Operandi, of attempting to undermine the POTUS at every opportunity.

Hell, they're on record stating it was their number 1 goal.

Prosecuted for what? Sending a resolution of reminder? Hardly infringes on the Logan act.

Or do you mean prosecute them for interfering with the work of His most Royal Majesty? A president that wants to negotiate nuke stuff with a foreign government while he has threatened the peoples constitutional right to own small arms at home. A president that spoofs americans clinging to their bibles and guns while negotiating with folks that cling to the Koran and now want nuke status. Sounds like some guy out in the parking lot striping the gears on his manual transmission.

And that's why the decision of whether or not this is a violation of the Logan Act is not left up to constitutional scholars like yourself.

Another view might be that this is worse than a mere Logan Act violation.

Considering that not only have they attempted to interfere and undermine the bargaining authority of our President during negotiations with a foreign adversary, they have also undermined the bargaining authority of our allied P5 nations and that of NATO and the U.N. As well.

How are they undermining by stating simple fact? This sort of thing should be expected rather than blow out of proportion reaction its getting. And the proposition that it may be undermining the UN isn't going to draw any ire from their constituents. The republicans are flipping the old american eagle at the thing and thats probably whats really causing the fuss here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
How likely would it be if what they did, didn't reach the legal level of treason only a national embarrassment on an international scale , what if the residents of 47 states did a re-call if they felt strongly enough, I think that might be doable .

What was an embarrassment is how for all the talk and "hope and change" the left and its press, voters, couldn't stop a republican sweep in the first place.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: BlueMule

Your vindictiveness is showing. Y'alls side is losing power and doing everything they can to keep it. It's plainly a losing battle. I say that I hope the DOJ goes through with it though.

It'll be fun to watch as Reid, Pelosi, Boxer, Fienstein and all the others are brought down as well on the same charges.

This could be the change we do need after all.

Then I guess you'd better sign the petition, yes?

👣

No need. I refuse to sign my name to a non-issue such as this. I already know nothing will be done. But, best of luck!
Some thing should be done tho. High jacking negotiations with an enemy state?!?!! Maybe not treason (death penalty) but definately a felony you should lose your congressional seat over.

Obama should have said as much before the letter was sent. Should have warned them it was illegal and he (Obama) would prosecute.

Just like when they invited Bibi to speak against our President in front of a joint session of congress, I seriously doubt they gave Obama a heads-up that they were sending the letter.

If they had, I feel sure he would have informed that there was no need to have it translated and printed in Iranian because unlike those ignorant assed republicans who signed and sent the letter, Obama knows that Iran's negotiator was educated in the U.S. and reads & speaks English quite fluently.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Please point out what is treasonous in a simple letter that says we will not honor any deal that Obama makes within the next two years? They sent it even, they didn't deliver it in person like many progressives have done in the past.

To me, this looks like Iran has been sent a notice that whatever screwed up deal is made, this letter serves only as a reminder to the Iranian leadership that Obama only has a year and a half left in office, and chances are we won't stand by the deal.

Sounds like they're just being honest to me. Or do you hate people being honest?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

What was an embarrassment is how for all the talk and "hope and change" the left and its press, voters, couldn't stop a republican sweep in the first place.

American voting patterns are stupidly predictable. The reason the Republicans took Congress in 2014 was due to something called the six-year itch

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No its really not treason. This is more propaganda stuff. There are some really, really dark forces on the left.

I see this petition as no different than Republicans constantly trying to chase impeachment proceedings on Obama for various "scandals" he's gone through. In other words, what comes around goes around.

The reasons behind talk of Obama impeachment are a lot more serious than this bs. This is really a trifle in comparison.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Petitions and general silliness aside, if they broke the law, isn't that why we have a Justice Department?

I mean, they don't (shouldn't) arbitrarily enforcing laws, so if they broke the law, then they should be arrested and tried in a court of their peers.

This is "the court of public opinion" which means absolutely nothing in the real world.

Unless we are now a "mob state" mentality and law has gone away.

Dunno, I've been busy lately. Didn't catch the memo.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wouldn't agree here simply because the republicans won in the face of an onslaught. An onslaught that still couldn't rally enough dems to the polls.

edit on 12-3-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Just like when they invited Bibi to speak against our President in front of a joint session of congress, I seriously doubt they gave Obama a heads-up that they were sending the letter.

You really do have a selective and hate filled memory don't you? The admin WAS informed that Netenyahu was invited to speak before Congress. The White House didn't like that idea and Congress said tough cookies. Nothing to see there at all, unless of course you hate Jews.

If they had, I feel sure he would have informed that there was no need to have it translated and printed in Iranian because unlike those ignorant assed republicans who signed and sent the letter, Obama knows that Iran's negotiator was educated in the U.S. and reads & speaks English quite fluently.

I know that the Iranian Gov't have their own translators, but the framers of the letter probably though it was a polite gesture to have it sent in the native language. Only a idiot would be arrogant enough to ignore the recipients native language. Oh, wait...that pretty much sums up this admin, narcissistic and arrogant.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Please point out what is treasonous in a simple letter that says we will not honor any deal that Obama makes within the next two years? They sent it even, they didn't deliver it in person like many progressives have done in the past.

To me, this looks like Iran has been sent a notice that whatever screwed up deal is made, this letter serves only as a reminder to the Iranian leadership that Obama only has a year and a half left in office, and chances are we won't stand by the deal.

Sounds like they're just being honest to me. Or do you hate people being honest?

They are risking engaging the US in war with Iran for nothing else than to protect Israel. That is treasonous.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Since mainstream media in the US is split between republican and democrats and NEITHER side of the MSM is reporting on this, does that mean that the entire MSM is the US is controlled or at least heavily influenced by Israel?

So far 'The Rolling Stone' and 'Press TV' their ilk are the only ones with balls enough to go after this topic and based on that those two will be getting much more attention from me from now on. Despite ATS staff rumblings about what is a "fit" news source.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: olddognewtricks
They are risking engaging the US in war with Iran for nothing else than to protect Israel. That is treasonous.

Your opinion?

Please provide proof.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You are correct the Dems sat on their hands because the leaders made half measures while being Republican lite, but that was a political embarrassment, this is international with potentially very serious consequences.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The reasons behind talk of Obama impeachment are a lot more serious than this bs. This is really a trifle in comparison.

Uh huh... All that serious talk and no evidence to put forward of wrongdoing that would allow the impeachment proceedings to go forward. No I see this as the EXACT same thing. I find it ironic that not only do you not see it, but justify one over the other. Methinks if the parties were reversed you'd be cheerleading this petition instead of dismissing it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish

I only say "your side" is because apparently, you have picked one when it comes to politics. I would say you vote right down the line as long as it has a "D" next to the name.

I don't care what letter is next to a name come elections. I actually vet the people running and have a criteria that I stand by. I have voted completely across the spectrum. I will admit to being center-right though.

Perhaps you have a selective memory.

I'm almost 60 yrs. old and I can't remember a political party ever losing favor this fast or teetering on the edge of implosion like today's GOP.

Seems to me in the past, President Jimmy Carter (remember him?), the DNC went down in flames back then and I see the same thing going on now. I'm a student of history and all the signs are there.

I just hope that the next elections, the majority will vote out all of the incumbents in Congress, and we see a common sense POTUS get elected, but I doubt it. Americans aren't that smart when it comes to voting. All they want is what can he/she get me?

If I'm not mistaken, Carter's demise was predicated by a similar act orchestrated by Reagan & his supporters prior to winning the election and going on to illegally supply Iran with weapons in the Iran/Contra scandal.

Yet the democrats bounced back and reversed the downward spiral Reagan put us in by electing Clinton, resulting in actual surpluses.

I don't envision the GOP bouncing back from this lunacy any time soon.

And just for the record, I too have voted across party lines in the past but realistically speaking, I can't see myself doing so again in my lifetime.

Unless it's to vote for someone like Bernie Sanders.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join