It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
I feel like I am really getting F--ed.

Well you are....... Sorry to inform you of that, but on the bright side all of America is getting F--ed as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Ok, can we seriously charge them with treason.

I must admit I just don't understand the law. I have read the information, but I'm not sure I am understanding it.

And if this is a fact. Should Obama be protecting us as citizens of the United States?

This is really bothering me. I feel like I am really getting F--ed.

No. They cannot be charged with treason. Did you get a chance to read their letter?

As far as Obama not protecting the citizens of the U.S., I think that was what these senators may have been very concerned about. I think they probably know something we don't know. I wish there had been more openness between the Senate and the White House, but our elected representatives have been cut out of the loop and threatened with obsolescence by this administration.

Obama will not take this lightly. He will take some sort of action that will take the msm focus off the Hillary email issue and his issue of neglecting to appoint an IG in the State department.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Yes, yes they do. However they don't have the votes in the Senate to remove Obama from office. Even with Bill Clinton the Senate was 17 votes shy to remove from office.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Added my own name to the list. Would be nice to see how many people this thing collects by April 8th. Even nicer if any serious action was taken.

Treason it is, though. They are undermining, even sabotaging, the diplomatic efforts of the lawfully elected standing president of the United States and his administration. I would really like something done about these GOP asshats in congress, because even though they have been threatening for years, they still can't build a halfway believable case for any of their charges, and their antics have gotten tiresome. Watching the GOP in congress is like being in a state home for elderly bi-polar Alzheimer's patients who haven't been taking their meds.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I heard about this yesterday, when the petition had 70,000 signatures. I went to sign it this morning and it had 160,000 signatures (100,000 needed). I signed it anyway, because I want to make sure there are 100,000 legit signatures. Anyway, when I submitted, it said that my name and zip code would show up on the petition. At first, I had apprehensions about submitting my signature, but I decided that this issue meant enough to me that I was willing to risk my annominity (and my safety) in order to do what it takes to see these 47 traitors stand trial. I encourage others to do the same.....regardless of the outcome, this is significant enough that we need a trial.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I think that all 47 heads need to be on the chopping block and prosecuted. There are do's and don'ts and ultimately, this has to be one of the don'ts. This is going beyond the simple checks and balances of the congress, and if they would do something, instead of doing nothing, then this would be a different story.

With all of the problems with the country, with all of the issues facing, does this not seem like a colossal waste of time and money? Perhaps it may be time for the voters to start waking up and demanding that their reps do something and work, instead of leech off of the tax payers and do nothing.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Oh, ok I get it now.

Thank you for your post. So this is among other things is a diversion.

Yes I did, but I wasn't sure I was understanding the message.

I will have to go back and read.

I just wanted to add, This is really creepy. Like they are playing games, and as you said. They know something.

edit on 11-3-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Yes, yes they do. However they don't have the votes in the Senate to remove Obama from office. Even with Bill Clinton the Senate was 17 votes shy to remove from office.

Yeah but they still dragged his carcass in front of them where he had to lie his ass off to questioning. The definition of what is is, and the whole no sexual relations with that girl. Maybe the people would find out what the hell he is actually negotiating away to Iran instead of a stained dress revelation.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Quit frankly I don't give a dang who is f-ing who.

My concern is if someone is trying to sell The United States Of America" .

We need to stick to our guns. I mean our convictions.

Nobody mess'es with us.

That's why I sleep well at night.

Do you have any idea what it takes to protect our right and freedom on a day to day.

I don't.

And if I think about it. It scares the crap out of me.

We are very blessed and at the same time cursed.

But I really enjoy sleeping and feeling safe.

Thanks to those. You know who you are.

edit on 11-3-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Republican supporters will claim it was just a letter. Democrat supporters will claim this should be treason.

Just like everything else, Americans will be split almost down the middle on this issue, along party lines.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I signed! And I would urge everyone else to as well. The count is up to 195600, and counting. Sure the cutoff is 100000, but, 10 million would make into the MSM?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
When will the madness end? It's beyond obvious that the republicans are letting their personal feelings compromise their better judgement. Their actions are just beyond reckless with multiple petty and childlike decisions. Republicans voters should be embarrassed that they voted for these bumbling idiots. Democrats have their issues as well but the republicans are digging their own graves by constantly making irrational decisions that continues to blow up in their faces. Clearly their only mission is to embarrass and sabotage the president and the United States every chance they get by any means necessary.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is not treason. As long as we're talking serious crimes I would put this closest to Seditious Conspiracy but it's not that either. The Logan Act exists specifically because there isn't a law to cover this otherwise.

Ultimately I care less about what this is than how do we deal with it and what I keep coming back to is that the real crime here is that the Senate did nothing more than end a tradition. There is no law that says the US must speak with one foreign policy voice, it was just a standard of decency everyone mostly agreed to.

I don't like what these senators did but I'm not sure a punitive action is appropriate. What are we going to do? Let the Democrats throw the Republicans out of congress over a behavioral dispute? Let the President decide he doesn't like how congress is conducting themselves and strip them of their powers? There is no reactionary outcome here that benefits us long term. Instead I am content to sit here and quietly know what utter pos's those 47 senators are.

That should be enough for any of us, because if it's not the partisan bickering will destroy the country.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
I signed! And I would urge everyone else to as well. The count is up to 195600, and counting. Sure the cutoff is 100000, but, 10 million would make into the MSM?

As of 8 'o' clock CST the petition had around 183,400 signatures. That's about 12,000 more signatures give or take in around 3- 4 hours.

It's gaining a lot of signatures quickly.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

Also a bad week for Marco Rubio.
After signing this letter, and recieving a lesson in international law from Iran

He received a lesson in Middle East issues from John Kerry after saying:
" I believe that much of our strategy with regards to ISIS is being driven by a desire not to upset Iran"
A claim he made last week also

Again, these people like Marco Rubio
don't even know the difference between Iran and ISIS, Shia and Sunni

But they want to over step the state dept. on nuclear negotiations to rally for war!
In Iran Iraq Syria Libya Afghanistan......
Of course this is unpopular, and even some republicans are backing away from the issue
But don't expect any charges

I can't believe Rand Paul signed on to this warmongering.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

As of 8 'o' clock CST the petition had around 183,400 signatures. That's about 12,000 more signatures give or take in around 3- 4 hours.

It's gaining a lot of signatures quickly.
202,289 as of 1:30 am 3/12/15 Roll on, Roll on

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The DNC chain email notifications are flying at high speed !!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

People like you are pathetic! We complain constantly about the bankers, our corrupt government, the new world order global agenda blah blah blah! Obama is at the very head of the spear and the republicans actually do something and stand up and now people are cowering in fear, complaining, or outright threatening treason against them?????? I mean seriously nobody can seem to please any of you whiners!!!!! Pick a side because the democrats are just as corrupt as the republicans. Obama should be tried for treason!!! He's a coward, a loser, and could give a crap about the American people or this country. As much as I despise the GOP for all their war mongering, Wallstreet and big banking/corporate tyranny the democrats are disgusting and Obama is a f'ing clown!!!!! Hilary is worse than ANY single GOP senator along with that left liberal democrat nit wit Pelosi. The American people are pathetic losers for voting in TWICE a puppet like Obama!

edit on 12-3-2015 by MiddleClassWhiteBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Wake up! Obama and his war mongering democrats are more likely going to send us to war against Russia genius!!!! Atleast a war with Iran wouldnt lead to all out nuclear exchange and might actually prevent the middle east from going nuclear. Yeah let's allow Iran to get a bomb. Then Saudi Arabia! Some of you left liberal loonies should go back to whatever mental asylum you crawled out of.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
And the Logan Act is an antiquated law that hasn't been used in over a century! Give it up!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join