It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I do not equal homosexual with pedophiles even if I use both homosexuals and pedophiles in this post to show something. If you are gonna flame me read the post fully so you flame my post for the right reasons.

I see as having any feelings/desire is not a conscious choice. There might be a way to reprogram the unconscious with mind fullness to change unconscious feelings/desires.

Acting on the feelings/desires is a choice. So choosing to be gay and act on the feelings/desires is a conscious choice from my point of view.

Now lets look at homosexuality objectively as a behavior. A sexual relationship with an equal partner for the benefit of both. This behavior is symbiotic in nature and therefor morally good, no matter what any spiritual backward text or opinion say.

Now lets look at pedophilia objectively as a behavior. A sexual relationship with an unequal partner for the benefit of one, normally abusing the other. This behavior is parasitic in nature and therefor morally bad, no matter what any spiritual backward text or opinion say.

So people who are homosexual or bisexual do not need reprogramming but pedophiles do, to not have to deal with emotions that are not good for them or others.

Now flame away if you do not agree.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)
edit on 4-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

The only way you could adequately answer those concerns is to make a study involving pedophiles and their attractions.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The only way you could adequately answer those concerns is to make a study involving pedophiles and their attractions.

Wouldn't those same studies also be required of homosexual people before we make the decision that it's not a choice? This is the exact inconsistency in logic that I was referring to.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When people catch the gay, they can't really make deliberate choices any more unless it's clothing or ties. They also seem to know about belt color and shoes.

But on a serious note, why can't we just let people be people and keep all of it;
gay
lebanese
trisexshumals
and
quartersexuals (people who will do anything for 25 cents)

. . . . . In the bedroom where showing naughty bits and hugging belongs!
edit on 4-3-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Unlike you, I don't let political incorrectness get in the way of my common sense. If you're sexually attracted to a little boy, then you are a pedophile whether you act on your attraction or not. Are you saying a homosexual isn't a homosexual until they actually have sex with someone of the same gender?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'm a quartersexual but never knew it had a scientific name!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Because the pedophilia is unequal in relationship. And I am not talking about girls/boys that are sexually ready and emotionally ready, but society have put an age on when they are ready that might not fit the individual. Children are not biologically, emotionally ready for sexual relationship.
edit on 4-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
When people catch the gay, they can't really make deliberate choices any more unless it's clothing or ties. They also seem to know about belt color and shoes.

But on a serious note, why can't we just let people be people and keep all of it;
gay
lebanese
trisexshumals
and
quartersexuals (people who will do anything for 25 cents)

. . . . . In the bedroom where showing naughty bits and hugging belongs!

I have only heard of one of those terms, I met a lady that was lebonise once, she came from the island of lesbos.

I will re educate myself on these other preferences to be up to date with modern sexuality.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Pedophilia exists in the straight world as well. The sexual deviance of pedophilia has nothing to do with being gay.

Just wow.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I don't don't think homosexuality is a choice. I think we all fall along a continuum of sexuality from "straight as an arrow" to "gay as the day is long". I don't really think who we're attracted to is something we consciously decide. I'm attracted to nerdy, intelligent, gentle men. I didn't choose that. It just happened.

People want to claim it's a choice or not a choice. But why? What would that mean? If it's a choice, then gay people can choose to be straight? Ha! I don't think so. Any more than straight people can choose to be gay.

But... What if Being Homosexual is a Choice?

I don't need to know the origin of behaviors like rape and serial murder in order to figure out whether they're right or wrong. All I need to know is whether they're harmful, and they clearly are. It might help to know their origin in order to figure out how to nip them in the bud, but no amount of information about the genesis of these behaviors is going to change my mind about whether they are morally acceptable.

When it comes to homosexuality, the real issue isn't where it comes from, but whether it's harmful. John Stuart Mill nicely sums things up: "the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others."

Opponents of homosexuality gain nothing by claiming that being gay is a choice; the burden of their position is to show that it's somehow harmful to others, which it isn't. If they want to demonstrate that homosexuality is wrong, they have to show the actual harm that results from it, not with metaphors about "tearing the moral fabric of society," but with concrete examples of individuals suffering from same-sex relationships. And I just don't see those examples. (At least, not any more than the suffering that results from straight relationships!)

Second time I've used that source today.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Because the pedophilia is unequal in relationship. And I am not talking about girls that are sexually ready and emotionally ready, but society have put an age on when they are ready that might not fit the individual. Children are not biologically, emotionally ready for sexual relationship.

Yeah, I understand this. I wasn't asking why pedophilia isn't ok..

I was saying that if a pedophile doesn't choose what they are sexually attracted to any more than a homosexual person doesn't, then by the standard people are trying to create here (it's just the way they are, so we should accept it) either applies to ALL ways someone might be, or none of them.

That is to say, either you accept what is universally accepted as a deviant sexual behavior because they cannot choose what they are attracted to, or you find a different benchmark to use in conversation when trying to convince someone that being gay is ok.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
I personally believe that everyone is bisexual to some degree. Anyone who says they've never been attracted to someone of the same sex is lying. I think the atmosphere in which you are raised has a lot to do with whether or not you end up being gay or not. Not that either direction is more or less than the other.

And no, I'm not saying that the atmosphere that produces a straight or gay person is abnormal or deviant at all either - but I do believe that there is a strong chance that the first things that trigger sexual thoughts or feelings when we're children will eventually help shape our sexuality.

I do think at some point homosexuality is a choice.. That doesn't mean it's like a switch you can flip on and off, but I believe we are humans and we're sexual creatures and we're sexually drawn to sexual acts. At some point we make a determination as to what we accept from ourselves and what is unacceptable. From this point forward we cultivate and nurture that choice until it becomes such a part of us that it is no longer a choice at all.

I don't think it's a choice in the way that those who would demonize LGBT people would define it.

Stopped reading when you said that "anybody that says they have never been attracted to the opposite sex is lying". I am 39 years old and have never found another man "attractive". It is unwise for you to try and speak for everybody.

link   
There is no comparison between both homosexual or pedophiles.

One is between two consenting people and one is the rape and manipulation of those who are too young to know better, trust the wrong person or too afraid to do anything about it due to threats or actual abuse besides sexual.

Where another is engaged in activities without consent, through threats, manipulation or using your authority to get what you want, it is not normal. That is not about sexual preference, it is about power and getting your satisfaction no matter what it may cause to another creature's mentality or physical being. The more appropriate comparison would be to murderers, rapist or violence of any kind. These types do whatever they want no matter the effects it has on others. I also say creatures..because this goes for beastiality...they use animals for own sexual gratifications.

For people to equate homosexuality to anything but heterosexuality is ignorance at it's best.

So stop comparing them.

link   

originally posted by: raedar

Pedophilia exists in the straight world as well. The sexual deviance of pedophilia has nothing to do with being gay.

Just wow.

You misinterpret and misrepresent what he was saying.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

I personally believe that everyone is bisexual to some degree. Anyone who says they've never been attracted to someone of the same sex is lying. I think the atmosphere in which you are raised has a lot to do with whether or not you end up being gay or not. Not that either direction is more or less than the other.

And no, I'm not saying that the atmosphere that produces a straight or gay person is abnormal or deviant at all either - but I do believe that there is a strong chance that the first things that trigger sexual thoughts or feelings when we're children will eventually help shape our sexuality.

I do think at some point homosexuality is a choice.. That doesn't mean it's like a switch you can flip on and off, but I believe we are humans and we're sexual creatures and we're sexually drawn to sexual acts. At some point we make a determination as to what we accept from ourselves and what is unacceptable. From this point forward we cultivate and nurture that choice until it becomes such a part of us that it is no longer a choice at all.

I don't think it's a choice in the way that those who would demonize LGBT people would define it.

Stopped reading when you said that "anybody that says they have never been attracted to the opposite sex is lying". I am 39 years old and have never found another man "attractive". It is unwise for you to try and speak for everybody.

You lie - but keep telling yourself that if that's what you need to tell yourself!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

That is to say, either you accept what is universally accepted as a deviant sexual behavior because they cannot choose what they are attracted to, or you find a different benchmark to use in conversation when trying to convince someone that being gay is ok.

Your ignorance shows.

One is between consenting people..one is about abusing individuals for their own sexual gratification.

One is rape and abuse and the other is not..get that through your head.

deviant sexual behavior

Also why does homosexuality always come down to sex to you guys....it is never about sex to me, it is about two people loving one another..

Stop picturing people having sex and picturing them loving one another..maybe that will help change your ignorance.

link   

originally posted by: raedar

Just wow.

You misinterpret and misrepresent what he was saying.

He said on page 1 that homosexuality is a sickness like pedophilia. Do you agree?

link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

You lie - but keep telling yourself that if that's what you need to tell yourself!

Why would it be wrong for a man to say that?

Is that not also a choice?

link   

I personally believe that everyone is bisexual to some degree. Anyone who says they've never been attracted to someone of the same sex is lying.

Spoken as someone who has, at one point, been attracted to someone of the same sex... and assumes everyone is like them. That's how YOU are. Not everyone is like that. There are plenty of people who are completely grossed out by the thought of it and have NEVER, EVER been attracted to someone of the same sex.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

He's equating homosexuality to the sickness of pedophilia. I was responding to that. Homosexuals are not homosexual due to having a sickness or mental illness. BIG difference.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join