It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy Fears ISIS Invasion From Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RustyHook
Ah come one you can't make this stuff up.

First they take over the countries destabilised by America, just like that without real opposition and now they are just going to walk into Europe without having an army or equipment of significance.

BS.

well they have been doing a mighty fine job so far.

map below shows the spread of the terrorist organization throughout the Middle East
www.ijreview.com...
edit on 062828p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes unbelievably mighty fine. They are being allowed to roam the destabilised countries, otherwise they would have been obliterated already.

There is no way that ISIS can just walk into Europe like that. They don't even have an airforce or a navy.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

They don't even have an airforce or a navy.

Yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ISIS is a boogeyman.....They have been allowed to flourish as they have because we are fresh out of enemies and the PTB need an enemy to keep us distracted......
The BANKS are the REAL ENEMY......

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Former U.S. Navy Seal and author of ‘Lone Survivor” Marcus Lutrell, recently appeared on Fox and Friends to discuss how 300 marines could take down all of ISIS

From your source,

So this world threatening force known as ISIS can be taken out by 300 marines. What are they waiting for.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
. Italian officials said on Monday that they are considering sending 5,000 troops into Libya to combat the country’s burgeoning jihadist presence.

The government of Italy appears to be taking seriously the threats posed by the Islamic State (ISIS) to its nation. Italian officials said on Monday that they are considering sending 5,000 troops into Libya to combat the country’s burgeoning jihadist presence.

In a recent video purportedly produced by the Islamic State’s Libya affiliate, the group slaughtered twenty-one Christians and vowed to seek out Rome as its next target. “And we will conquer Rome, by Allah’s permission, the promise of our prophet, peace be upon him,” a North American English-accented militant leader said after his comrades slaughtered the Christian hostages.
www.breitbart.com...
Italian Defense Minister Robert Pinotti said that the 5,000 troops were ready and willing to lead a unilateral mission if necessary.

edit on 072828p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

If ISIS ever makes it that far, they'll definitely be invading the Mediterranean countries first with any sizable Muslim populations. Places like Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Serbia, even France.

They already are.............

You dont need an invasion fleet with ships hitting your shore......

We have commuter jets and commercial airlines......

Im sure they are already in communities......infact i know they are , look at the attacks in France.......

All they need is the word to go........and its go time ..........

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.thedailybeast.com...

ROME — Last weekend in Italy, as the threat of ISIS in Libya hit home with a new video addressed to “the nation signed with the blood of the cross” and the warning, “we are south of Rome,” Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi shuttered up the Italian embassy in Tripoli and raised his fist with the threat of impending military action. Never mind that Italy has only 5,000 troops available that are even close to deployable, according to the defense ministry. Or that the military budget was cut by 40 percent two years ago, which has kept the acquisition of 90 F-35 fighter jets hanging in the balance and left the country combat-challenged to lead any mission—especially one against an enemy like the Islamic State.

Well if they are going to wait for UN intervention, they will be waiting for hell to freeze over.

Sorry, but this story doesn't pass the "facts on the ground" test. I used to live in Italy and was there on a visit just a few years ago. The idea that the Italian military only has 5,000 available, deployable troops is just plain inaccurate by orders of magnitude. For part of the truth see:en.wikipedia.org...
wherein its noted that the Italian Army itself numbers well over 100,000. But that's only scratching the surface. The Italian police structure is entirely militarized, particularly the "State" police, the Carbinari. Another peculiarity is that the Italians, for whatever reason, have huge numbers of "Army Engineer" brigades, (brigade being between 3,000 & 5,000).

I don't know why, but for some reason, the Italian government has, since WWII been quite adroit at hiding their real military numbers while at the same time constantly deploying troops to hot spots in the Middle east to test military equipment platforms.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

One other important point; even though it ended in 2004 there was compulsory military service so all males from that era are militarily trained.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: r0xor

If ISIS ever makes it that far, they'll definitely be invading the Mediterranean countries first with any sizable Muslim populations. Places like Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Serbia, even France.

They already are.............

You dont need an invasion fleet with ships hitting your shore......

We have commuter jets and commercial airlines......

Im sure they are already in communities......infact i know they are , look at the attacks in France.......

All they need is the word to go........and its go time ..........

i agree

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

...In a recent video purportedly produced by the Islamic State’s Libya affiliate, the group slaughtered twenty-one Christians and vowed to seek out Rome as its next target. “And we will conquer Rome, by Allah’s permission, the promise of our prophet, peace be upon him,”

www.breitbart.com...

the 'affiliate' Sunni Jihadists operating in Libya is called Soldiers for the Caliph

they are more interested in the more esoteric Islamic Eschatology than the meat-&-potatos IS-ISIS

they have no intention of landing on Italian Beaches in an invasion... through asymmetric warfare by Jihadi cells and useful martyrs wearing bomb-vests they will make the waters-run-with-blood all around their final target of Rome (Seat of Christianity)...in the meanwhile the ritual beheadings of groups of victims will redden the waters of the Med. Sea all the way to Rome, Italy

did anyone here attempt to analyse the 21 Coptic Christians Video & Message of the victims beheaded on the Sea Shore?
it was very important that the very large, hooded in black, executioners give the visual impression that the
'Soldiers for the Caliph' are 'Giants' compared to the Egyptians in orange jumpsuits being led to the slaughter...

the idea is to have the world subconsciously regard these 'giants' as the return-of-the-nephelim...
IOW, the 'Fallen Angels' returned, (as in the days of Noah) who are prophetically assured of having 'victory' over Christians...

It's a subliminal message my friend.. (I wonder if the Intel/counter-intel community is aware of this insight)
edit on th28142422598017192015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
These outright deceptive thread titles here are getting annoying.

I read the linked article and all the links from within that article. There is nothing about the Italians fearing an "invasion" by ISIS. There was only reported concern about attacks on Italian interests in Libya and the implication of concern about terrorist attacks.

And the 5, 000 figure for available Italian troops has got to be utter BS. There is no way ISIS could stage an invasion of a European nation. This kind of hysteria is exactly the response these psychopaths are trying to generate.
edit on 17-2-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

The thread is based on a MSM article. Don’t blame the thread for that
It’s about the Prime minister of Italy raising these fears. www.thedailybeast.com...

I do agree that if Italy only has 5000 troops they aught to be quiet and remain in the background and call for NATO intervention since their little 5000 measly troops may just get killed

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There is NOTHING in that Daily Beast article about the Prime Minister of Italy expressing concern about an Invasion of Italy. I've read it twice. In fact there is reference to the Italian government dismissing the idea. Concern for terrorist attacks on Italian interests in Libya is being twisted to mean something else. And once again I call BS on Italy only having 5000 troops available.

And since when is the ATS standard simply regurgitating MSM misinformation?
edit on 17-2-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yeah... it's not only Italy who need to be careful of who is on those boats coming from 'Libya' but all of Southern Europe need to be careful.

I think they should refuse all 'Migrants' coming in by boat now.... just send them all back because we will be having mass problems in Southern Europe in the coming years if those who turn up are from ISIS or even sympathiser's to ISIS.

This is from MSN news on the situation:

Islamic State militants are planning a takeover of Libya as a "gateway" to wage war across the whole of southern Europe, letters written by the group's supporters have revealed. The jihadists hope to flood the north African state with militiamen from Syria and Iraq, who will then sail across the Mediterranean posing as migrants on people trafficking vessels, according to plans seen by Quilliam, the British anti-extremist group. The fighters would then run amok in southern European cities and also try to attack maritime shipping.

www.msn.com...

We need to go in hard where ISIS are and just bomb them out of sight and that means unfortunately that we will need to also kill any Civilians in the area... I don't think this is anything to be tip-toeing around. Whats the saying 'kill a hundred to save thousands' , something like that. It has to be done because ISIS sure don't care who they kill to get their Caliphate!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They don't even have an airforce or a navy.

Yet.

Erm you cant just "build" a modern air force and navy.

The money, infrastructure and scientific expertise just don't exists in most country's, let alone a backward group of extremists thugs who thing education is from the devil.

Only country's that can build modern planes and navy's are USA/Russia/China/UK/France/Japan/ Israel

And ISIS have pissed off all of them.

edit on 18-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

U.S. Congress questions plan to admit Syrian refugees

www.reuters.com...

america too

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I do agree that if Italy only has 5000 troops they aught to be quiet and remain in the background and call for NATO intervention since their little 5000 measly troops may just get killed

5000 Modern troops with good equipment and training.

Plus that is likely 5000 on standby right now that can be deployed within the day or even hour. In a unmobilised army. They likely have much much more, just not ready to be deployed at a moments notice.

With mobilization that number would likely quadruple.

And also bare in mind they are not out to conquer a nation or play at nation building either.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
We need to go in hard where ISIS are and just bomb them out of sight and that means unfortunately that we will need to also kill any Civilians in the area...

That's what greatly contributed to causing this problem in the first place.

How many potential jihadists are we radicalizing with every civilian we kill? That pisses them off as much as chopping off American's heads infuriates us.

We've been bombing the hell out of them in Iraq and Syria and now they're in North Africa. After that it could be Nigeria or who knows where. That's just whack a mole.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: r0xor

I am telling you right now, that if a Muslim anything tries to invade Spain ever again, that you will have nearly 90% of a population getting combat ready....I think they are not that dumb. You would have Spain invading the ME very soon after.

I dont think there is a real threat of invasion on the part of ISIS. A dumb attack that kills some people and makes a couple thousand dollars of damage? Maybe. But thats it.

Eventually all these radical retards will either become a real power and in the process lose the appeal they have to their idiot supporters, or they will remain the same way until people just ignore them. "oh the crazy retarded Islamic nutters...yeah, just ignore them".....

You are wrong on the count of 'ignorance', this lot aren't going away and will have to be dealt with.

Now, if the Spanish Army were to go to War with ISIS I only hope they have enough Military to kill them off. Italy's 5,000 doesn't seem too big as I think ISIS already have around 10,000. Italy will need help. Also, they should turn away anymore boats coming to the shores!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join