It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy Fears ISIS Invasion From Libya

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

ROME — Last weekend in Italy, as the threat of ISIS in Libya hit home with a new video addressed to “the nation signed with the blood of the cross” and the warning, “we are south of Rome,” Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi shuttered up the Italian embassy in Tripoli and raised his fist with the threat of impending military action. Never mind that Italy has only 5,000 troops available that are even close to deployable, according to the defense ministry. Or that the military budget was cut by 40 percent two years ago, which has kept the acquisition of 90 F-35 fighter jets hanging in the balance and left the country combat-challenged to lead any mission—especially one against an enemy like the Islamic State.

Well if they are going to wait for UN intervention, they will be waiting for hell to freeze over.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Whether the time is right or not, there is no question that there is a palpable tension in Italy over the ISIS threat—Libya is just 109 miles away from the island of Lampedusa and 300 miles from Sicily—made worse by a 64 percent increase in illegal migrant arrivals by sea since last year. In all of 2014, more than 170,000 people arrived from Libya and Turkey, the highest number ever recorded. Last weekend, as the embassy staff made their way to Italy on a mercantile ship, 2,164 migrants left the same Libyan shores en route to Sicily. The week before, more than 300 people were lost in the same seas as their rickety fishing boats capsized before rescuers could save them.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

If ISIS ever makes it that far, they'll definitely be invading the Mediterranean countries first with any sizable Muslim populations. Places like Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Serbia, even France.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The main article called Reflections on the Final Crusade outlines in prophetic terms just how ISIS will crush Christianity. “A man from the Roman Christians will then raise the cross. He will say ‘The cross has prevailed.’ A man from the Muslims will then say, ‘Rather Allah has prevailed,’ and then he will angrily rise and crush the cross,” according to the article. The feature then paints a vicious battle between the Islamic State and European Christians, who are referred to as Romans, ending with this prediction: “This battle ends the era of the Roman Christians, as the Muslims will then advance upon Constantinople and thereafter Rome, to conquer the two cities and raise the flag of the Khilafah over them.”

Reflections on the Final Crusade

ISIS magazine is called Dabiq

The fourth issue was released last month. The second item in the publication is an English transcript of a lengthy speech by ISIS’ chief propagandist Shaykh Abu Muhammad al-‘Adnani ash-Shami. Next to a photo of businessmen walking down a street captioned “crusader ‘civilians'” he calls on those sympathetic to ISIS to murder Americans and their allies:

So O muwahhid, do not let this battle pass you by wherever you may be. You must strike the soldiers, patrons, and troops of the tawaghit. Strike their police, security, and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents. Destroy their beds. Embitter their lives for them and busy them with themselves. If you can kill a disbelieving American or European – especially the spiteful and filthy French – or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be. Do not ask for anyone’s advice and do not seek anyone’s verdict. Kill the disbeliever whether he is civilian or military, for they have the same ruling.
www.breitbart.com...
[…]

So O muwahhid wherever you may be, hinder those who want to harm your brothers and state as much as you can. The best thing you can do is to strive to your best and kill any disbeliever, whether he be French, American, or from any of their allies.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's obvious that Italy is islamophobic and all ISIS wants are jobs.

Look forward to the ISIS-apologists on this one.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
media.clarionproject.org...

Islamic State (ISIS) Magazine - Clarion Project

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It's obvious that Italy is islamophobic and all ISIS wants are jobs.

Look forward to the ISIS-apologists on this one.

I always do.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yup look for key words like it's only a threat or they are too small to do any real damage hell you may get someone using Rambo III as a documentary to justify why they hate America.

Want some popcorn.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
they better stay the hell out of my country, last thing i want is those idiots roaming around sicily.
What will it take to hit them hard and shut them up for good??

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

this

"Italy has only 5,000 troops available that are even close to deployable"

Now, My guess is Italy is already full of Islamic extremist.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
they better stay the hell out of my country, last thing i want is those idiots roaming around sicily.
What will it take to hit them hard and shut them up for good??

I don't know how big is your army?
edit on 032828p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

with or without the pasta?

In sicily at least we have quite a few military bases, sigonella being probably the most famous (air force)
at this point isis does not look like an army, the smart thing to do would be to hit them now before they spread

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I have family in Sicily and they can't believe the amount of illegals that are coming across and they have no doubt that a lot of them are Islamic extremists.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It seems to me these people(IS)will not be satisfied until they re-fight the crusades.2nd line.
edit on CSTTuepm2361 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not to worry. I'm sure that if push comes to shove, Italy will pull a Ted Nugent and "Put a Boot in their ass".. A really big boot!

edit on 17-2-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Gee I wonder if the Italians are really afraid of ISIS or if they see their enemy as the bankers .What a convenient boogy man this ISIS is eh. We have to deal with propaganda on a daily basis and then have to deal with Hollywood and the vid clips they create for this monster .All the time while ignoring Israel and Saudi Arabia .

Oh wait the bankers own the media and the bankers launder the drug money and invest into hollywood to produce vids that scare us ..Ever get the inkling that they (tptb) are trying to move us into a position where we have no need to go ?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I have family in Sicily and they can't believe the amount of illegals that are coming across and they have no doubt that a lot of them are Islamic extremists.

Only a small percentage make it across, with a large percentage perishing in the seas. I don't think even the hardiest of Jihadists would find that a noble way of dying, so maybe they are genuine immigrants escaping persecution?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

And Obama is doing the same thing here.

U.S. Welcoming Islamic Immigrants France Now Regrets Welcoming

01/08/2015 06:34 PM ET

Border Security: As terror-torn France and other European countries put curbs on Islamic immigration, the Obama administration is waving foreign Muslim nationals into the U.S. in record numbers.

According to a recent Center for Immigration Studies report, America between 2010 and 2013 imported more people from Muslim countries than Central America and Mexico combined. And now, with the president's executive amnesty, the welcome mat is bigger than ever.

That's a major shift in immigration flows — and one that poses a major national security threat.

If just a fraction of these nearly 300,000 new Muslim immigrants follow in the footsteps of the Franco-Algerian brothers who just terrorized Paris, we could be facing chronic terror. The main homeland threat from groups like the Islamic State comes through our immigration system. If they also use our loose policies as a vehicle for jihad, we will face the same crisis as France and the rest of Eurabia.

If enough trained jihadist fighters get into the country, they could band together and launch regular car bombings and tactical assaults, effectively orchestrating insurgencies in our cities, including the capital.
news.investors.com...
It's not far-fetched. Just 19 foreign Muslims killed some 3,000 Americans and crippled the economy within just two years of entering the U.S.

Fifteen of them were Saudi nationals. Yet Obama welcomed 43,878 more Saudis from 2010 to 2013, mostly young men here on a student visa deal Obama cut with the Saudi king. At least 88,894 Saudis now live here.

If some never show up on college campuses or they overstay their visas, it doesn't matter. Obama is no longer enforcing deportations.

And if they qualify for amnesty, many can now get the kind of documentation — including Social Security cards, driver's licenses and work permits — that the 9/11 Commission warned against. Would-be foreign terrorists are freer than ever to conduct surveillance, coordinate operations, receive funding, go to flight school, obtain weapons and materials, and execute attacks.

Over the 2010-2013 period, Obama let in an additional 41,094 from war-torn Iraq and 38,644 from Egypt. Meanwhile, he's cut Israeli immigration by 817.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: news.investors.com...
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

He know exactly what he is doing

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
It seems to me these people(IS)will not be satisfied until they re-fight the crusades.2nd line.

they never stopped.

the silent jihad

s://civilusdefendus.wordpress.com/civil-defense/4-stages-of-islamic-conquest/

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I am telling you right now, that if a Muslim anything tries to invade Spain ever again, that you will have nearly 90% of a population getting combat ready....I think they are not that dumb. You would have Spain invading the ME very soon after.

I dont think there is a real threat of invasion on the part of ISIS. A dumb attack that kills some people and makes a couple thousand dollars of damage? Maybe. But thats it.

Eventually all these radical retards will either become a real power and in the process lose the appeal they have to their idiot supporters, or they will remain the same way until people just ignore them. "oh the crazy retarded Islamic nutters...yeah, just ignore them".....

edit on 2 17 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join