It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rochelle Police Officer Points Gun at Kids Having Snowball Fight… Not The Onion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Geez, when I was a kid we actually even hit a few patrol cars with snowballs. I am eternally grateful to still be alive.

You?? When I was a kid (5th grade to 9th grade) my family had moved to the suburbs of Philadelphia to a small town named Newtown. Every winter for the next few years I would be given a ride home by the local Police. My crimes varied from throwing snowballs at people, throwing snowballs at passing cars, throwing snowballs at police cars, and my personal favorite....

It was a particularly nasty winter day. The roads were ice covered and you could slide on it. So I crouched down in between a couple cars parked along the side of the road, and as a car drove by very slowly due to the road conditions, I reached out and grabbed the back bumper and began "surfing" down the street. I was caught by the driver who just happen to be the mayor of the town. Another ride home by local PD ensued.

And they certainly didn't arrest my Mom when I got home and she proceeded to yell at me and whoop my backside. I'm shocked I wasn't killed by the Cops or my Mother

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Meanwhile in Britain:

I am amazed not only were guns not pointed they remained holstered.

Lol they don't have guns. All the wasted resources of that many officers, when just 1 with a gun would have ended it.

ID

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

Oh man, bumper surfing was the BEST, even when mom said, "Don't come running home to me when you break your legs."

Actually, I'm kinda shocked a lot of us survived our childhoods. LOL

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I like how this is yet another incomplete video. I wonder if Liberal cop haters are going to claim this video as proof about the cops abuse of authority when it shows a whopping 30 seconds after the cop had pulled his gun. We have nothing official / confirmed of what happened before hand. What if these kids were throwing snowballs at passing cars? passing people? what if they were putting rocks inside the snowballs and throwing them? That could cause a # load of damage, break a window, hit a third party in the eye or head, and would qualify as a weapon. I don't care what you say. If these guys threw even one snowball at a third party, they are guilty of assault.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

If these guys threw even one snowball at a third party, they are guilty of assault.

And therefore should be shot. That should stop the nonsense.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Meanwhile in Britain:

I am amazed not only were guns not pointed they remained holstered.
Yeah the way they handled that was pretty impressive. Sadly our police dont wait for back-up. I guess they figure one bullet can do what 30 cops can do. Little messier tho.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

A foul-mouthed Barney Fife with a gun. Scary and sad.

At least Barney couldn't find and load his one bullet for the life of him:-)
Sorry if another member beat me to the punch, I just logged in now.
What a frightening video, I mean really out there.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 2-2-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hold the police officer accountable for his actions. Do it now. If they won't do it, march upon the police station and make them do it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

It is absolutely disingenuous to report a story started in the middle, based on two seconds long video clips stitched together.

It is also a misleading title, a more objective title would be, COPS RESPOND TO SCENE OF SNOWBALL FIGHT AFTER CALLED TO INVESTIGATE GUN REPORT.

You see the cops weren't there to bust up an innocent snowball fight, 2 cruisers were responding to reports of a gun, but that doesn't seem to fit the current agenda.

link

From your link:

EDITOR'S NOTE: Talk of the Sound received an official reply Sunday evening from the Office of the City Manager not NRPD: "New Rochelle Police were responding to a 911 emergency call reporting a man with gun at that location. The claim was unsustained. The incident will be reviewed by the department.

The claim was "unsustained" meaning it never happened.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

If these guys threw even one snowball at a third party, they are guilty of assault.

And therefore should be shot. That should stop the nonsense.

hehe at the very least shot in the knee caps

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

In most of these cases, some people seem to think that someone refusing to obey an officer requires the officer to stand there and repeat themselves until the other decides to cooperate. The general mentality seems to be "You can't tell me what to do!", and if any action at all is taken against them, the defiant ones suddenly turn into "victims".

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trihalo42

In most of these cases, some people seem to think that someone refusing to obey an officer requires the officer to stand there and repeat themselves until the other decides to cooperate. The general mentality seems to be "You can't tell me what to do!", and if any action at all is taken against them, the defiant ones suddenly turn into "victims".

i beg to differ.....we are not pets we are people...the police are people too just like us ...just because they wear a uniform does not give them the right to order us around like a lower form of citizen........respect is required by all parties involved...

demanding respect by the barrel of the gun is not a solution in this kind of circumstance

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: WeAre0ne
So what? A report of a gun gives cops the OK to run up on everyone like they are smoking bath salts and shooting the place up?

Yes actually it does…
www.usacarry.com...

So “brandishing” or “improper exhibition” or “defensive display” or “unlawful display” (or whatever your state and jurisdiction calls it) depends specifically on your state and jurisdiction. Very generally, however, for an operating definition “brandishing” means to display, show, wave, or exhibit the firearm in a manner which another person might find threatening. You can see how widely and differently this can be subjectively interpreted by different “reasonable” individuals and entities. The crime can actually be committed in some states by not even pointing a firearm at someone. In some states it’s a Misdemeanor crime and in others a Felony. So, focus, think rationally, know your state’s law, and be careful out there.

There’s a reason why a CC permit is called carry “CONSEALED”. Obviously they are also teenagers, and have no legal right to have possession of a firearm.

edit on 2/2/2015 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5
So what? You are saying that because someone phones in to report a crime, the cops get to treat everyone in the area as if they committed that unsubstantiated crime, until they prove themselves innocent?

I mean, it's not like no one ever calls in and lies about seeing a crime, like that walmart incident of a liar calling the cops claiming a guy was brandishing a weapon and pointing it at people, which turned out to be a BB gun, and surveilance video proved he wasn't pointing it at people. And it's not like anyone calls in reporting a guy wandering around a store with a shotgun, that turns out to be a cane. Or cops shooting someone for pulling out a gun, that turns out to be a cellphone, wallet, or PS3 controller.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Or a cop driving up to a 12yrs old and killing him in less than 2sec for playing with a toy gun.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Or a cop driving up to a 12yrs old and killing him in less than 2sec for playing with a toy gun.

You do know that sitting on a bench playing around with an air soft and not threatening anyone is a death sentence. geez...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
For a site who's motto is DENY IGNORANCE this thread is full of it.

No one here knows what happened because there is NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION, that is THE VERY DEFINITION OF IGNORANCE !!!

Everyone here should hang their head in shame.

Also learn to RESERVE JUDGEMENT until the facts are in.

Was there a weapon bigger than a snowball?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Yeah, I actually made a thread about that travesty.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Cops Tackles 11-Year-Old Girl And Holds Her At Gunpoint

Two Florida police officers are accused of forcing an 11-year-old girl to the ground at gunpoint after responding to a burglary call at her home.

The child was watching television in bed when the officers let themselves into her family’s Groveland home with their weapons drawn after the burglary alarm was accidentally activated, reported WFTV-TV.

She said one of the officers pushed her to the ground and held here there with his knee while the other officer pointed his gun at her.

“I was very scared and didn’t know what to do,” she said.

The officers asked if she was the homeowner and then went to her father’s room down the hall.

www.rawstory.com...
Sorry Mods and O.P I am not trying to hijack this thread nor am I being lazy, but the scenario seemed to mirror each other so much, not to mention spiritually depressing at yet another seemingly bashacop thread I just add this here...sigh!
edit on 3-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

NVM. Posted above already. ^^^^
edit on 3-2-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join