It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rochelle Police Officer Points Gun at Kids Having Snowball Fight… Not The Onion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This has to be an epic new low in law enforcement procedures, a police officer draws and points his loaded weapon at kids having a snowball fight, in the wake of the snow storm in the northeast. And not to be outdone by simply drawing and threatening with his firearm, he spree obscenities at the kids as well.

The first video picks up the action in the middle of things so it is not clear from the video what transpired beforehand. The video shows an NRPD officer using obscene language, ordering the already-kneeling youths to remain down. The officer is holding his firearm with both hands, pointed directly at one of the youths. He then approaches the young man, briefly frisks him with one hand while holding onto his firearm.

Freeze! Moment cop pulls his gun on teens 'armed with snowballs'

This is the moment a foul-mouthed police officer pulled his gun on a group of teenagers - reportedly because they were having a snowball fight.
The officer, filmed walking from a patrol car, shouts 'don't f*****g move, guys!' at the group of six people standing at a snowy intersection.

This is beyond comprehension. What happened to, "Hey kids, you might hit someone walking by, why don't you take this to a park, or a less-busy street."

Wow. Just… wow.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

A foul-mouthed Barney Fife with a gun. Scary and sad.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Did you enjoy American Sniper? Good.
Chris Kyle is coming home.
Who's the next "savage"?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Geez, when I was a kid we actually even hit a few patrol cars with snowballs. I am eternally grateful to still be alive.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Isn't New Rochelle renowned for this sort of thing? The name sure rings a bell...

eta: Oh, yea. Go to google, set your date range for the search 1/1/12 to 1/1/15 to filter out today's story, and you'll see a lot of stuff for "new rochelle cop" that isn't kitties in trees.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I know we're going to hear......we don't know what happened before the filming began.....oohhh, there might have been grenades packed in the snowballs . I'm going with the officer may need a psychological re-evaluation and some unpaid vacation time.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This has to be an epic new low in law enforcement procedures, a police officer draws and points his loaded weapon at kids having a snowball fight, in the wake of the snow storm in the northeast.

Well with the rash of killing by snowball, I can see why it happened.

edit on 1-2-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
New York will ban snowball fights next. i can see it coming eventually.

good ol un-free NY.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, these are New York snowballs, they're probably filled with airborne toxins. These little hoodlums were throwing weapons of mass destruction!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I didn't get a gun drawn but in 96 I was throwing across the street at a neighbor. 2 girls on their side in a fort, me and another boy on my side. Cop on foot patrol saw the girls crying when their fort got destroyed and we got hauled in and ticketed for destruction of property!

My mom got a few words shy of obstruction of justice and disorderly conduct after that bout. But we lived in a town in northern Wisconsin and to this day I don't think much has changed.

The motto for Price County: "come on vacation, leave on probation, return after revocation"

edit on 1-2-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: big thumbs

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Isn't New Rochelle renowned for this sort of thing? The name sure rings a bell...
I thought it was just where Rob and Laura Petrie lived...148 Bonnie Meadow Road. That's all I got.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Fire the bastard. Psychos like this should not be allowed to have a gun.
edit on 1-2-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It is absolutely disingenuous to report a story started in the middle, based on two seconds long video clips stitched together.

It is also a misleading title, a more objective title would be, COPS RESPOND TO SCENE OF SNOWBALL FIGHT AFTER CALLED TO INVESTIGATE GUN REPORT.

You see the cops weren't there to bust up an innocent snowball fight, 2 cruisers were responding to reports of a gun, but that doesn't seem to fit the current agenda.

link
edit on 1-2-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This PIG..I will use the word in this case was called to a snowball fight..and shows up gun drawn???..words fail me..well other than pig.
His face should be plastered on the front page of the local paper and his co-workers should laugh him out of the job.
Go Merica.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

It is absolutely disingenuous to report a story started in the middle, based on two seconds long video clips stitched together.

It is also a misleading title, a more objective title would be, COPS RESPOND TO SCENE OF SNOWBALL FIGHT AFTER CALLED TO INVESTIGATE GUN REPORT.

You see the cops weren't there to bust up an innocent snowball fight, 2 cruisers were responding to reports of a gun, but that doesn't seem to fit the current agenda.

link

From your link...

Unofficially, two reliable sources are telling Talk of the Sound that police on the scene that day have said they were called to the scene based on a report of a person with a gun.

So nothing confirmed yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No justification for this. Pulling a firearm on someone should be an option of last resort. Is it acceptable when your life, your partner's life or a member of the public's life is in imminent danger? Sure. But c'mon, a snowball fight? It undermines the legitimate use of firearms by other cops.

I know it is not easy doing police work- my grandad was a constable for many years. Looking back at his old notebooks/logs you got the sense of possible danger, but also that there are less lethal and violent methods of successfully resolving a conflict. Sometimes just talking to people, as if they were actual human beings, was often enough to find an amenable solution. This is another example of lazy police with inflated egos over compensating for their short comings.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"Geez, when I was a kid we actually even hit a few patrol cars with snowballs. I am eternally grateful to still be alive."

No kidding! I used to throw snowballs at patrol cars and so did pretty much all of my friends at one point or another..but surprisingly back then you could do that and not get shot.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That cop needs some time in readjustment camp....where they wear those nice jackets tied in the back......

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Oh well that changes everything..going to a person with a gun call I would definatly jack up the kids having a snowbal fight 1st..wouldn't want to run into that guy with a gun.
Im half just joking with you..no joke here though really.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I know how to fix this and make this type of violence acceptable.

Just replace the officers gun with a syringe full of vaccine and everything is AOK.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join