It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from Iran supreme leader to the Youth in Europe and North America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I'm not sure if that's necessary.

I didn't say it was necessary I just found it interesting and insightful of his concerns.

I was very young when it happened, but did Christian leaders come out against the Olympic park bombing and abortion clinic bombings committed by that radical?

Not sure how that relates or why you pose the question to me as I'm not a Christian nor religious? However, two wrongs don't make a right in my book .
edit on 03131America/ChicagoWed, 21 Jan 2015 23:03:34 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
The responses in this thread are disgusting! Ayatollah??? Screw him and his religion! What is it you people don't understand???? Islam is completely incompatible with western ideals and American values! I suggest if you call yourself a real American you look back on the writings of Jefferson or Churchill!! No wonder America is being destroyed and everything we hold dear being dismantled with people actually listening to a fundamental religious crackpot from a third world slum stuck in the 8th century! I'm ashamed what Americans will listen to and self doubt about!

America is completely incompatible with a modern peaceful world where you respect sovereignty of nations and their access to their own resources...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

The responses in this thread are disgusting! Ayatollah??? Screw him and his religion! What is it you people don't understand???? Islam is completely incompatible with western ideals and American values! I suggest if you call yourself a real American you look back on the writings of Jefferson or Churchill!! No wonder America is being destroyed and everything we hold dear being dismantled with people actually listening to a fundamental religious crackpot from a third world slum stuck in the 8th century! I'm ashamed what Americans will listen to and self doubt about!

America is completely incompatible with a modern peaceful world where you respect sovereignty of nations and their access to their own resources...

Bazinga!!!!

Another candidate for my reasoning to add a 5 star button.

Definitely the rebuttal of the month.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mideast

my Muslim speak is a bit rusty but i think he said this .

Christian history is not so hot but you recognise that , but why dont you recognise the wars in the middle east are wrong .

You are being fed lies and don't see real Islam .

You need to understand us . The are frightening you .

Governments are funding the terrorists .

Like i said the way it is written is a bit hard for me to de-construct . Perhaps i got it completely wrong . If i got that right i see this as a very smart letter .
edit on 21-1-2015 by hutch622 because: to add

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Lol but America is just a land mass. A continent.

The illuminati who exist internationally perpetrate most of the injustice we see (and don't see) in the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: interupt42

Yet not one indication of trying to dissociate Radical Islamic from Islam?

Or Denouncing the acts carried out in the name of Islam by radicals on innocent people?

There is no difference between radical Islam and Islam!!!!!

There is a difference just like with Christianity the radicals follow the beliefs to the T while the more politically correct followers adapt to society.

Wrong! Even the most radical of radical Christians living in America and Europe are not out stoning women, bombing people, and beheading innocents and calling for the destruction of entire people!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

You think the Muslims would treat you any better than America treats the rest of the world? Read your history! America has made mistakes and has overstepped and overstayed her welcome in many areas, but if you think the world would be a better place with a China or the Middle East at the helm you're crazy! And western civilization has done more for mankind, making order out of chaos than any other country could have dreamed of! China is a cesspool along with many middle eastern countries. Despite all our corruption, foreign policy blunders and plunders, you better thank your lucky stars the world has had America and the west for the past 200+ years! the death of America and the west will throw the world back into the dark ages! People like you act as if all the world needs is for the US to pull out of the middle east and all will be right and peace will shower upon every corner of every nation! Skittles and unicorns will fall from the sky! Thank god people like you don't have any say in American geopolitics!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

don’t allow this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world to be introduced to you through resentments and prejudices.
Such as . . ?

What in the world is he talking about? Stopping people from eating pork, or owning dogs as pets, or being gay, or drinking a beer?
No thanks, the so-called religion is of no benefit and they need to follow Jesus who they say is a prophet.

Speaking of being gay, there is an interesting commentary on that subject by Benedict Cumberbatch, regarding the person who he portrayed the character of (Alan Turing) in the movie, The Imitation Game. How moronic it is to treat it as a crime. Is that kind of lunacy what we want to live under, Iron Age thinking?
edit on 22-1-2015 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

No. Radical Christians do not follow beliefs to a T, they use their perceptions and make them fit into an agenda, whatever they need to perceive the ideal at the time, and that can change to suit their needs.

Real Christians don't do this. Just as real Christians don't push religion on others, criticize others, or judge others based on their religion/s. Just because you might see people do this, and who say that they are Christians-does not make it so.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

on’t allow this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world to be introduced to you through resentments and prejudices.
Such as . . ?

What in the world is he talking about? Stopping people from eating pork, or owning dogs as pets, or being gay, or drinking a beer??

I believe he is trying to say "don't drink the kool-aid' concerning what is really going on in the war on terror. In the last line:

Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam.
...he is saying the same thing, thru an example.

At least, that is how I interpreted what he wrote.

I find this trend fascinating-- leaders of other countries writing open letters to the public in other countries. Remember when the Russian president sent an open letter to US citizens? And now this guy. I wonder why Obama doesn't write to citizens of other countries. Wonder what he would say?
edit on 1/22/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Is this where i leave the response?

Okay cool, Worshipping our creator is great and all. But the chaos in the middle east is not what i would define as great.

The very nature of a muslim is to be conservative. And what they are conserving is an ideology that's remained the same since 700 A.D

That's why people say they are stuck in the 700s. It's great that the muslim people can keep their texts unchanged for so long. The problem is. What was written in those texts wasn't worth saving.
edit on 22-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I believe he is trying to say "don't drink the kool-aid' concerning what is really going on in the war on terror. In the last line:
That too, but what he is saying is that Islam is "this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world", and that people should find out about Islam through a means that presents it as such, rather than the way that it comes out as through the news, that makes it seem like only a negative thing.

My point is that it is negative.
Should we go to war with every culture that believes in more than a single god, and for what benefit?
No one is threatened by someone else's belief, except when that belief happens to be Islam.

edit on 22-1-2015 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
He makes several valid points ... pity that most in the west are too brainwashed to look into it or to even consider what he is saying to them ..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

Newsflash bubba .. the world managed fine long before america existed .. and will continue to manage fine long after america is gone ..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa I thought Iran was quite opposed to ISIS. It's Saudi Arabia the west's ally that should be apologising over isis

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

The youth of America need to study their damn history instead of Facebooking!!! Barbary pirates and the term "leatherneck" live on in infamy!!!!!

This guy certainly doesn't want to talk about the arab/muslim slave trade out of Africa.......that remains to this day!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
a reply to: new_here

That too, but what he is saying is that Islam is "this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world", and that people should find out about Islam through a means that presents it as such, rather than the way that it comes out as through the news, that makes it seem like only a negative thing.

My point is that it is negative.
Should we go to war with every culture that believes in more than a single god, and for what benefit?
No one is threatened by someone else's belief, except when that belief happens to be Islam.

Well unless you are a Kurd, a christian, a Zoroastrian, Jewish ect then yea why worry about ISIS. You would generaly be ok as long as you were not one of these.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Please, look into the 1953 coup of Iran and tell me this man shouldn't have an ulterior motive. This government orchestrated the overthrow of the country's leadership and instated a puppet regime. There's a reason why our history books are so full of holes...
edit on 22-1-2015 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 22-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18907844]mideast
In the name of God, the Beneficent the Merciful

To the Youth in Europe and North America,

The recent events in France and similar ones in some other Western countries have convinced me to directly talk to you about them. I am addressing you, [the youth], not because I overlook your parents, rather it is because the future of your nations and countries will be in your hands; and also I find that the sense of quest for truth is more vigorous and attentive in your hearts.

These 'events' are caused by people from your mob - Muslims killing people from our mob, non muslims.

Why is it that attempts are made to prevent public awareness regarding an important issue such as the treatment of Islamic culture and thought

Because as long as you are trying to force Sharia law onto us and as long as you are attacking our soft targets you are no friend of ours.

My second request is that in reaction to the flood of prejudgments and disinformation campaigns, try to gain a direct and firsthand knowledge of this religion. The right logic requires that you understand the nature and essence of what they are frightening you about and want you to keep away from.

You mean Isis, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, A Shabab and all the other groups? These groups have your religions' bloody fingerprints all over them.

I don’t insist that you accept my reading or any other reading of Islam. What I want to say is: Don’t allow this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world to be introduced to you through resentments and prejudices. Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam.

How's about you DENOUNCE what these terrorists are doing?

How's about you DENOUNCE sharia law and it's violent and biased way of rule.

How's about you DENOUNCE the ethnic cleansing of non Muslims in the Islamic state.

How's about you SPEAK OUT to protect the rights of women and stop treating them like cattle.

How's about you EMBRACE the western ideals of freedom and equality for everyone. Not just Muslims.

Maybe then we'll be ready to sit down and talk.
edit on 22-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join