It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from Iran supreme leader to the Youth in Europe and North America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have found this letter regarding the recent events. It has been published by the Iranian leader directly.

I think it suggests a good way to find out about Islam to the people of west.

there you go:

In the name of God, the Beneficent the Merciful

To the Youth in Europe and North America,

The recent events in France and similar ones in some other Western countries have convinced me to directly talk to you about them. I am addressing you, [the youth], not because I overlook your parents, rather it is because the future of your nations and countries will be in your hands; and also I find that the sense of quest for truth is more vigorous and attentive in your hearts.

~~~~~~~

The histories of the United States and Europe are ashamed of slavery, embarrassed by the colonial period and chagrined at the oppression of people of color and non-Christians. Your researchers and historians are deeply ashamed of the bloodsheds wrought in the name of religion between the Catholics and Protestants or in the name of nationality and ethnicity during the First and Second World Wars. This approach is admirable.

By mentioning a fraction of this long list, I don’t want to reproach history; rather I would like you to ask your intellectuals as to why the public conscience in the West awakens and comes to its senses after a delay of several decades or centuries.Why should the revision of collective conscience apply to the distant past and not to the current problems? Why is it that attempts are made to prevent public awareness regarding an important issue such as the treatment of Islamic culture and thought?

~~~~~~~~~
My second request is that in reaction to the flood of prejudgments and disinformation campaigns, try to gain a direct and firsthand knowledge of this religion. The right logic requires that you understand the nature and essence of what they are frightening you about and want you to keep away from.

I don’t insist that you accept my reading or any other reading of Islam. What I want to say is: Don’t allow this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world to be introduced to you through resentments and prejudices. Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam.

~~~~~~~~
Seyyed Ali Khamenei

21st Jan. 2015

source
edit on Wed Jan 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS, trimmed huge quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It starts "In the name of someone I have made up to satisfy my fantasies"

It's therefore irrelevant. Friggin religious loons...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I can't disagree with him per se...

But the Ayatollah usually has an ulterior motive in his endeavours.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mideast

He does not give our youth that much credit...I know many young kids and they don't paint Islam with a broad brush with respect to terrorism. Most youth realize that it's pockets of mental cases that are doing this...who he needs to direct this letter is actually to the over 55 crowd..

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yet not one indication of trying to dissociate Radical Islamic from Islam?

Or Denouncing the acts carried out in the name of Islam by radicals on innocent people?

edit on 58131America/ChicagoWed, 21 Jan 2015 21:58:41 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The responses in this thread are disgusting! Ayatollah??? Screw him and his religion! What is it you people don't understand???? Islam is completely incompatible with western ideals and American values! I suggest if you call yourself a real American you look back on the writings of Jefferson or Churchill!! No wonder America is being destroyed and everything we hold dear being dismantled with people actually listening to a fundamental religious crackpot from a third world slum stuck in the 8th century! I'm ashamed what Americans will listen to and self doubt about!
edit on 21-1-2015 by MiddleClassWhiteBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Or Denouncing the acts carried out in the name of Islam by radicals on innocent people?

There is no difference between radical Islam and Islam!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
... I dont think he realises that the vast majority of western youth are secular and think of all the major religions past their sell by date.

I'm sure she means well. But what he really should have said is there is a war for your minds.

What abut an open letter explicitly condemning isis?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

You're clearly not a brainwashed drone!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
America had a tradition of religious tolerances, the fact that Jefferson, himself, had co-authored the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, but fundamentalist Islam was like no other religion the world had ever seen. A religion based on supremacism, whose holy book not only condoned but mandated violence against unbelievers was unacceptable to him. His greatest fear was that someday this brand of Islam would return and pose an even greater threat to the United States.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The youth of America need to study their damn history instead of Facebooking!!! Barbary pirates and the term "leatherneck" live on in infamy!!!!!
edit on 21-1-2015 by MiddleClassWhiteBoy because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He's basically calling people to Islam. If you find out about it and don't convert, then they are free to treat you as the infidel you are. You are no longer ignorant and have that excuse. It is generally the first step in opening hostilities.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'm not sure if that's necessary. I was very young when it happened, but did Christian leaders come out against the Olympic park bombing and abortion clinic bombings committed by that radical?

With something as giant as one of the few major world religions is it necessary to point out that some loons will act in tge name of it and not actually represent the religion. If they or christians or second amendment advocates came out with a statement everytime someone shouting their beliefs and alignment did somethi by terrible thwn those groups would be making an anouncement everyday and draw more attention to thwm.

Not that I support or give a damn about this guys letter which is a bit shalow and insulting imo. Im just saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

YES there is, however they are SET UP so we cannot trust or figure out who is who , I'm sure the AYATOLLA is just waiting for cash.freebeacon.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Yes Pat Robertson and an few others said it was wrong to murder anyone for that purpose as MOST Christians also feel.
edit on 21-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I don't think it would be such a big deal if there weren't massive street demonstrations in support of terrorists every time they make a big attack somewhere.

Now, if every Christian in major metropolitan areas came out in the streets celebrating and printed martyr posters of famous Christian terrorists ... then, yeah, I think the world would be somewhat more nervous about us as a whole community.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam.

Is he saying that terrorists are all government agents . Theres an original thought .

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Again my concern is NOT to kill as MANY as I can ,but to sucessfully COMBAT my PERCIEVED enemy who I identify by MY own people who are over there NOW.
If Islam starts aiding female education and DELIVERING foreign HOSTAGES THEY have RESCUED maybe I could see it.
NOT yet.
edit on 21-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

originally posted by: interupt42

There is no difference between radical Islam and Islam!!!!!

There is a difference just like with Christianity the radicals follow the beliefs to the T while the more politically correct followers adapt to society.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Did the Ayatollah dude forget to write an open letter to the Islamic youth telling them not to kill people over cartoons of Mohammed?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join