It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clueless who to vote for in the the UK GE?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Something else I forgot to mention was the 'Benefits' card idea of Ian Duncan Smith. I really hope they don't try to push this through .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
My little ewok , what does it matter? we will get whoever they want us to have or at least someone selected from a choice bunch, would be so funny if No one turned up to vote one GE , what type of a msg would that send?

Q

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It doesn't matter - they are all the same. Public schoolboys faggotted out when younger and in love with money so much that their decisions are controlled by the big businesses. In a country where not one of those in the running will decrease military/defense spending and increase spending on helping those who are ill and poor what's the point in voting?

A real person will never be in the running.

You only have to look at this picture to realise it's one big sham.

Little queer boys.
(I know I've posted the picture before but it says it all).

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Is that the best you can do? Complain about the fact they went to public school, like 10% of the population in the UK. Come on, it's cheap and repetitive.

Regards

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: and14263

Is that the best you can do? Complain about the fact they went to public school, like 10% of the population in the UK. Come on, it's cheap and repetitive.

Regards

Sorry to be cheap and repetitive.

I was merely pointing out the obvious futility of modern politics in a capitalist society. Perhaps even the illusion of democracy.

You get annoyed easily... I wonder if that's a personal thing or a result of the society that we live in?

10% of population? That really is not a large representation of our population.

Once again, sorry my post and opinions aren't up to your level of intelligence and don't pass your criteria for being valid. I must try harder to please you next time.

Enjoy your election.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If you have experienced and understand the last 35 years of UK politics then the only choice on the table for a fairer society and a cap on greed is a vote for Labour!

I have seen the decimation of the mining and steel industry and untold other other industries since Evil Thatcher came to power. I have seen the poor and disadvantaged suffer and the quality of their lives diminish.

A vote for the Liberals lead by the soul seller is a vote for a Tory government and much of the same misery for most. Where the already rich will get richer and pay less tax then they should. Look at France they raised the tax temporarily to 70% for the well off to help. We should raise it to 55 for 5 years to help redistribute wealth and create opportunity for the less advantaged.

The problem with UK society (as elsewhere) is simply greed and focus of government on the UK capital.

I believe that Transport and Public Housing policy should be removed from the remit of the government and allocated to a selected body of experts and individuals with the knowledge and know how to develop and implement long term (25 years plans) so that policies are not changed every time a new government comes to power. These two portfolios could themselves transform the UK economy in massive way creating jobs and homes for people to live in all over the UK. All manufacturing associated with these portfolios should be done at home! Sent my plan to Eddy already but whether he has the balls or the wisdom to implement it who knows.

We know that all politicians are a pain in the arse and slippery bast.rds but a vote for the devil (Cameron) and his gofar is a vote against the interests of ordinary folk in the UK. And a vote for the Greedy.

So my advice is voting labour is the far lesser evil!

Cameron is just Thatcher in trousers!!

Cameron and his mate Boris are both related to previous regents. So wake up people and get these greedy selfish uncaring royal blood line bast.rds out!!!

Vote for Eddy - give him a chance!!!

If you don't vote for Labour then you are both selfish and condoling the greed treadmill!!!!!

edit on 19-1-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Take a note from one of the earlier comments. Vote with your feet and head off to Canada, or possibly the UK or maybe the Bahamas.

I've got quite a few friends here in the US from the UK, but they see it as only good for one more generation and I've noted, none of them have any kids.

Good luck; vote with your feet or don't vote at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
If you have experienced and understand the last 35 years of UK politics then the only choice on the table for a fairer society and a cap on greed is a vote for Labour!

I

~The same Labor that nearly bankrupted the UK?

That brought us the Iraq war?

That sold our sold sovereignty multiple times to the USA and EU?

The same Labor that sold off our gold reserves?

They had there chance and the #ed up royally.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Take a note from one of the earlier comments. Vote with your feet and head off to Canada, or possibly the UK or maybe the Bahamas.

I've got quite a few friends here in the US from the UK, but they see it as only good for one more generation and I've noted, none of them have any kids.

Good luck; vote with your feet or don't vote at all.

Been to the US not my cup of tea, to many guns not enough brains. Canada seems most promising.
edit on 19-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Greens... for sure.
The only party that is distinct and not in bed with the banks and so on.
Even if you don't agree with all of their policies, they're not the Tories and they're not UKIP.

I voted Lib Dem last time and like most people, it pissed me off that they jumped into bed with the Tories.... and now the Lib Dems have screwed themselves because of it.

I have been wondering whether to vote or not.

Take this test, it's very good and may help you

uk.isidewith.com...

My results

I side with Green on most political issues.
Parties you side with...

85%
Green

on foreign policy, healthcare, environmental, social, and education issues.
compare answers

81%
Scottish Nationals

on foreign policy, immigration, social, education, and environmental issues.
compare answers

79%
Liberal Democrats

on foreign policy, healthcare, social, immigration, and economic issues.
compare answers

78%
Labour

on education, economic, social, foreign policy, and healthcare issues.
compare answers

13%
Conservatives

on social issues.
compare answers

edit on 19/1/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Ok my questionnaire
Do you support the legalisation of same sex marriage?
Take the government out of marriage and instead make it a religious decision

Should terminally ill patients be allowed to end their lives via assisted suicide?
Yes, but only after a psychological examination to prove they are in a sound mental state

Should the UK reinstate the death penalty?
No, but eliminate parole hearings for anyone serving life sentences

Should the government use strict environmental regulations to prevent global warming?
No

Do you support the use of nuclear energy?
YES

Do you support the use of genetically engineered crops and foods?
Yes, but require the labeling of foods that are genetically modified

Should the UK raise or lower the tax rate for corporations?
Keep current rates but eliminate deductions and loop holes

Should the government make cuts to public spending in order to reduce the national debt?
Yes

Should there be more or less restrictions on current welfare benefits?
More, reform the system so that it supplements, rather than replaces, a working income

Should Welsh, Scottish, and Northern Irish MP's be entitled to vote on legislation which only affects England?
No

Do you support the use of zero hour contracts?
Yes, but only for those seeking part time instead of permanent employment

Should the House of Lords be a wholly elected body?
Yes, and with proportional representation

Should the National Health Service use privately run services?
No

Should the National Health Service use privately run services?
No

Do you support the legalisation of Marijuana?
Yes. Legalize, tax, and regulate marijuana instead of criminalizing it

Should foreign visitors have to pay for emergency medical treatment during their stay in the UK?
yes

Would you support the return of a selective education system and the reintroduction of grammar schools?
yes

Should the government allow businesses, charities, parents or teachers to use public money to start "free schools"?
yes

Should the UK abolish university tuition fees?
Yes

Should the UK abolish the Human Rights Act?
Yes, replace it with a bill of rights that gives the UK more legislative control

Should the UK increase or decrease foreign aid spending?
Decrease

Should the UK increase or decrease military spending?
Regardless, spend less on nuclear and more on conventional weapons

Should the government enact a stricter immigration policy?
Yes, strictly screen immigrants for criminal backgrounds

Should the UK deport immigrants who are considered to be promoting terrorism?
Yes, and deport foreigners convicted of any criminal activity

Do you support the construction of a high speed railway (HS2) connecting London to Birmingham?
Yes, and extend it to Scotland

Should the London Underground be considered an "essential service" which would ban all future worker strikes?
yes

Should news organizations publish cartoons that depict the Muslim prophet Muhammad?
yes

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Looking at history, and the way Mrs Thacher destroyed the manufacturing base of the UK, (who was a Tory by the way) no wonder the UK cannot pay its way in the world, Okay, jet engines and satellite sales do not cover the 40 million tons of food imported every year, or the thousands of containers full of electrical junk people just cannot do without.
North sea oil helped, but that is coming to an end, Eurobus A380 sales are slipping, no help there, Crap summers and even crapier winters are no help at all, cannot grow food on flooded land, I don't know what the national debt of Britain is, and I'm too frightened to look!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Not sure how accurate that test is......I took it a couple of days ago, apparently I'm 78% BNP - I most definitely am NOT a supporter of them.

I too haven't got a clue who to vote for.

I guess I'm what you would describe as a 'traditional Labour supporter'.
But I'd no sooner vote for them than I would the Tories at present.
LibDems are a no-go and Farage is a twat and determined to out Tory the Tories.

Sure, there are one or two policies of each party that I support but in general I dislike / despise them all.

A vote for any of them is a vote for the outdated and amoral system they seek to preserve and continue to exploit above the interests of the British people.

Yet a failure to vote at all is criminally negligent.

If only a vote for 'None of the Above' was a real option.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

what ever happened to the Monster Raving Loony party. If ever there was a time for them it is now.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

UKIP 89%

Conservatives 80%

BNP 67%

LibDems 57%

Labour 47%

I call BS as the torys don't seem to doing anything of what I answered except building more high speed rails.

UKIP do they even have policy's beyond the EU and Immigration?

BNP? WTF? Just cause I want criminal background checks on immigrants and to deport non Citizen Criminals?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What were your results then?

ETA.... Okaaaaay.

WOW.... well there ya go mate.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

France very quietly abolish that 'rich tax' late last year, no fanfare, I only read about it by chance.
It was in some business news blog.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I was born in the US, but ended up living in many European countries, (Army brat), then had to return to the US.

The US is o.k. if you spend as little time as possible in the City/Metro areas.

But our escape plan, like many others, is Canada. Especially since they cut off the escape route to Mexico.

Give it a go! Heard jobs are plentiful on the west coast of Canada.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well of course like any online test, it's just a bit of fun.
I guess it marries you up with the policies and manifesto... but as we all know, what a Politician SAYS and what one DOES are two very different things.
You can share ideals and values and want the same laws and and regulations put in place as the BNP or UKIP but it doesn't mean you agree with or like them as people.

Same with me.... I couldn't bring myself to vote Lib-Dem any time soon but I know I probably agree with most of their policies.

You have to separate the party and the policies.... not for when you actually vote, but in terms of this quiz I mean.

originally posted by: Freeborn

If only a vote for 'None of the Above' was a real option.

Absolutely mate..

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here's another one google just turned up.... try this.

It's far more in-depth and may take some time.

voteforpolicies.org.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join