It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa scientist has created a warp drive in his garage and demonstrated it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
antigravity would probably be dangerous for that reason. instant relativisitic impact bomb. in the hands of over a billion madmen.

Which is why big breakthroughs of such a nature would likely end up classified.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
antigravity would probably be dangerous for that reason. instant relativisitic impact bomb. in the hands of over a billion madmen.

Which is why big breakthroughs of such a nature would likely end up classified.

well it will probably be classified. but warps (even ones that depend on gravity like effects) generally don't cause local velecity shifts. so warps are probably not intrinsically dangerous on a mass scale. but an antigravity system that by function must work in local space is intrinsically dangerous because it is easily misused as an RKV.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Im crossing my fingers that this guys for real and we see an actual demonstration on video with professional witnesses on scene. So far though it doesn't sound like a hoax story, it just doesn't have that crazy quack feel. And I've read many papers about using electricity to create warp bubbles like what NASA is doing now, but this guy is coming at it inn a different way, theorizing warp bubbles exist and we only need to extract them. Plus the many many stories of natural warp bubbles around electric storms or electricity in the air just ties it all together for me. If I see a warp drive in my life I'll die a happy man that's for certain!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I dont want a jetpack anymore or even a flying car now I want my own time space warping wristwatch!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
on quibble so far. i don't think he is a NASA scientist. I Think the OP conflated Dr White with this guy. I don't think it was deliberate.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This guy seems pretty sincere and honest. He not asking for money and seem quite open.

Chances are its some mundane explanation on why the object moves. But you never know.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If it works, does he plan to make it open-source? Warp drive is a gift that all of humanity should receive, not the just the rich bastards at the top.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here is David Pares website

Again he does not seem interested in money. He seems pretty confident he can get a working model on his own a good sign it not a deliberate scam.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This guy seems pretty sincere and honest. He not asking for money and seem quite open.
Well he WAS asking for money, and got $2,630 of it: www.indiegogo.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor

Well he WAS asking for money, and got $2,630 of it: www.indiegogo.com...

Well it was a small crowd funding drive.

He would be stupid not too. I got the impression he would continue the project with or without it. Its not like black light demanding millions and declareing it vital.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He is a geologist with an associate degree in engineering. I am sure his device is along the same lines as perpetual motion mechanisms, inertial reactionless drives or ion-propulsion, which utilizes the electro hydrodynamic (EHD) phenomenon . It am not convinced it is what he claims it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I see the name of a known bullwark artist in the type you quoted Ewok. KESHE. Always saying he has this tech but never demonsttrating it. Its not a good sign to have a endorsement from that man even IF he is telling the truth.
edit on 14000000pppm by yuppa because: errors

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

a reply to: 727Sky

The former professor Kasher says he wouldn't be surprised if Nasa shows interest in it. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy it out or if there's an odd fire in the guy's shed.

Seeing as scientists predict a warp bubble could accidently destroy entire solar systems if you come out of one wrong I think the defence implications would garentee this aint going public if true.

Hello, did you read the whole article. NO. He states that this occurrance occurrs NATURALLY in the bermuda triangle and other places around the globe. SO, if what YOU STATE IS TRUE then the universe and everything with it should have been done in already way before our ancestors came to america. Hello, Are U awake yes, but i like to comment about articles i don't read.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
He is a geologist with an associate degree in engineering. I am sure his device is along the same lines as perpetual motion mechanisms, inertial reactionless drives or ion-propulsion, which utilizes the electro hydrodynamic (EHD) phenomenon . It am not convinced it is what he claims it is.

Exactly, only time and testing will determine such outcome.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

black light demanding millions and declareing it vital

I hear its just around the corner but they need just a little more time and money.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
If it works, does he plan to make it open-source? Warp drive is a gift that all of humanity should receive, not the just the rich bastards at the top.

I agree, but those with the money will aquire such things where you will not. Immagine a rich person aquires this Machine, travels to a more developed place. Learns this new knoweledge and returns to planet earth and uses his learned new technology and declares himself a GOD to rule over said peoples. You know people would buy into such things and follow the fake god. Look at all the cool aid drinkers of followers of cultists who distribute ideot things and master the power of deception. Be weary my friends, a wolf is amoung the sheep.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
I see the name of a known bullwark artist in the type you quoted Ewok. KESHE. Always saying he has this tech but never demonsttrating it. Its not a good sign to have a endorsement from that man even IF he is telling the truth.

Who knows, Keshe may be legit. I would certainly like some free, meaning its free or me kind of free energy.

edit on 30-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

The headline to this thread is false, if not an intentional lie. As is the main point of the OP.

A NASA (yeah, it's all capital letters too) scientist did not create a warp drive, and even this guy in Nebraska, who is the one working on this supposed warp drive device, has not yet created a warp drive -- unless by "warp drive" you just mean some doodad crackpot invention that as yet does no such thing.

Here are the second paragraph and the first sentence of the third paragraph of the article cited by the OP:

Let’s start this past summer, when a NASA scientist named Harold “Sonny” White unveiled an artist’s rendering of a spacecraft capable of shooting across the galaxy.

The spacecraft was theoretical, but the research behind it was real.

Thanks for wasting my time, OP. In the future, please exercise at least a modicum of reading comprehension skills before creating a post, in the hope that your next one will have some factual basis to it.

Yet another reason why I rarely bother coming to this site anymore: even the interesting sounding threads tend to be total BS

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
sorry to see you all worked up like that over what was most likely an unintentional error born of exuberance. but if you must get a mad on about something here; how about all the crazed sociopaths willing to destroy america over their fevered delusional fantasies of persecution?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Interesting. In some ways I think the little video clip on the news site being linked to was more telling than the text portion. The working end of the device he was showing looks a bit like a gapped core, but with laser-cut Koch snowflake patterns in one side and plain square cut patterns the other way. So it appears there is something to do with surface area in order to bias the field generated. Some other aspects also remind me of both rail guns and scalar devices. (These things are paired, and he says the effect occurs where the fields overlap.)

To be honest, I think there's some more stuff to be investigated with magnetic fields. Mostly because research there went to the wayside when technology changed course from vacuum tubes to solid state. (Of course there's some application-specific research, like making better CT scan devices, but I'm talking about more general research. Not much really new since the magnetron.) Restarting some investigations in that area wouldn't hurt as I doubt everything has been covered just yet. Anything relating to "warp" tech would likely have to do with relating magnetic fields to gravitational fields, and therefore electrogravitic, magnetogravitic, and some of the other exotic stuff like electroweak forces. And it's likely not all of that needs Langley/Fermilab/Sandia or CERN level equipment.

I'm not sure if his warp device may be viable for transport yet (probably too weak), but it might be useful for getting some insight into how gravity works (claims on that it affects a laser) and that information may be useful for making a transportation-grade warp generator in the long run.

Hopefully there's something to it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join