It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims discovered America before Columbus says Turkish President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: LABTECH767

The Sumerians used Barley seeds to a great degree to figure out the world and space to a great degree but who taught them is a puzzle

The REAL puzzle is why you think that Sumerian use of barley is a puzzle.

What, Sumerians weren't smart enough to realize that units are important?

Re Arabs in the New World, Piri Reis made that baseless claim on his map.

Yes, there's writing on the Piri Reis map and it is easily translated.

Harte

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

a reply to: LABTECH767

The Sumerians used Barley seeds to a great degree to figure out the world and space to a great degree but who taught them is a puzzle

The REAL puzzle is why you think that Sumerian use of barley is a puzzle.

What, Sumerians weren't smart enough to realize that units are important?

Re Arabs in the New World, Piri Reis made that baseless claim on his map.

Yes, there's writing on the Piri Reis map and it is easily translated.

Harte

For those who love the PR

There is a LOT of writing on the map and you don't hear about it much as it demolishes many fringe ideas - so it is ignored

Some of my favorite ones are the ones that show the Spanish names for the islands in the Caribbean - an odd thing for aliens and advanced humans to have known tens of thousands of years before the Spanish went there...

Here is a closer up version of the map - note the writing

edit on 19/11/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
We know that's a lie, because all Columbus found would've been a lot of be-headed Indians if the Muslims were here first.

edit on 19-11-2014 by Okeyd57 because: no text

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. How do you discover a land that's already occupied? The indigenous people of this land saw the Vikings, Muslims (if what he says is true), Columbus, and all the others from shore. Stupid crap like this annoys me.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

How the Sumerians and Egyptians could have figured out the distances and size of the earth and moon and no mirrors used .

With the Piri Reis map the puzzle is how the outline of a continent could be known that according to science has been buried under ice for thousands of years maybe a copy of a copy of a copy .

But i have read that John Dee drew the coast of Newfoundland from his home in England

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How do a people "discover" a place that has humans living in it already? I think the Native Americans probably discovered America long before any Muslim or Columbus.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Turkey is a joke of a country.

Also, I didnt know anyone could "discover" a place that already had people living there since prehistory.

a reply to: Xeven
exactly.

edit on 11 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's debatable that Muslims encountered America. But it's definite that Christians were in Turkey, so much so that for a while, Turkey had Christianity as a major religion.
-----------

While Israel is the land of the Old Testament, Turkey could definitely be called the
land of the New Testament. Here are just a few facts:

The Apostle Paul was born in Turkey.

The Apostle Paul ministered throughout Turkey, teaching and planting Churches.
Three of Paul’s missionary journeys were mainly in Turkey.

The Apostle John lived and ministered throughout Turkey.

Many cities and villages mentioned in Acts are in Turkey.

The 1st Century Church took root and spread throughout Turkey.

13 Letters of the New Testament were written to people who lived in Turkey.

The Gospel of John and The Revelation were first addressed to the people of Turkey.

Many of the early Church councils were held in Turkey.
To say the least, Turkey has played a very important role in the history of The Gospel
of Jesus Christ

link: Turkey, Land of the New Testament

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The Cherokee among others claim they came over from across the water. Maybe they found it first.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

How the Sumerians and Egyptians could have figured out the distances and size of the earth and moon and no mirrors used .

With the Piri Reis map the puzzle is how the outline of a continent could be known that according to science has been buried under ice for thousands of years maybe a copy of a copy of a copy .

But i have read that John Dee drew the coast of Newfoundland from his home in England

Simples the PR doesn't show the Antarctic it shows the coast of SA. The purple is what the PR shows, black reality.

edit on 20/11/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Please provide evidence that the Sumerians knew either of these things.

I get it now, though.
You are easily puzzled.

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wait for 500 more years and they'll say Ne-iL Armstrong, a Muslim, landed on the Moon and constructed a Mosque.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
The Cherokee among others claim they came over from across the water. Maybe they found it first.

Years ago a i watched a programme on television about DNA ,they were looking for a answer to where the Indians and Asians had originated from basically who had migrated where , And the shocking answer to it was the south of France .

I do not remember much about the programme but that little fact stayed with me as it is not like British tv to give a thumbs up to the French for any reason . the Hungarian language is another weird oddity in the Americas i believe

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I get it now, though.
You are easily puzzled.

Harte

contraeducacao.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I get it now, though.
You are easily puzzled.

Harte

contraeducacao.files.wordpress.com...

So, your source is a fringe author. Big surprise.

What's his source? Do you even care, or do you wish to remain puzzled??

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Years ago a i watched a programme on television about DNA ,they were looking for a answer to where the Indians and Asians had originated from basically who had migrated where , And the shocking answer to it was the south of France .

I do not remember much about the programme but that little fact stayed with me as it is not like British tv to give a thumbs up to the French for any reason . the Hungarian language is another weird oddity in the Americas i believe

The Solutrean Hypothesis is the (now basically defunct) idea. The show was probably "Who Were the First Americans." I believe it was NatGeo (maybe SciAm.) Whoever it was, they ran a magazine piece prior to the doco that had the same info.

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Discovered: 1999 The stone was investigated and determined to be some sort of three-dimensional relief map of the Ural Region.To date, the ancient technology used to make the map is unknown and extremely advanced. Researchers have claimed that a three-dimensional map of this order could have only been used for navigational purposes. Many websites claim that the slab is proof of ancient flight. Recent discoveries indicate that the slab is a piece of a larger artifact. The Dashka stone continues to undergo scientific testing and is not available for public viewing.

viewzone.com...

Interesting find for you Hanslune

edit on 20/11/2014 by douglas5 because: spelllings

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The Solutrean Hypothesis is the (now basically defunct) idea.
I'm not sure it is...there is still talk of boats skirting the icepack. I kinda doubt they were Turks, though.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

Interesting find for you Hanslune

Thanks but I've seen this before - not very believable. Douglas what is it in all that 'stuff' that you find compelling?
edit on 20/11/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Sorry my first post was too speculative. Here is what raised my eyebrows... Around minutes 20-25:00

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join