It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims discovered America before Columbus says Turkish President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Muslims discovered America before Columbus says Turkish President

Silly man.

The Vikings were here before any of them, around the year 1,000 AD. Info Here

And there is evidence that Catholic monk St. Brenden was here as early as 500 AD. Info Here .

So the Catholics were probably here from Europe FAR before the Vikings or the Muslims or Christopher Columbus. I wonder how the Turkish PM would take that news. Not too well I'd bet.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Of course, even if the traditions of Egyptians and Persians having discovered America are true ... this is long, long, long before they were ever Muslims. Technically, in that sense, this would not be Muslims having discovered America, and let's not forget that it is Muslims who are busy destroying anything having to do with any religion or culture their own ancestors might have had prior to being Muslim.

ISIS destroying the tomb of Jonah. The MB government in Egypt toying with trying to destroy the Great Pyramid. Things like that.

So, even if their ancestors did so ... that shouldn't count as Muslims discovering America.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
The Vikings were there first.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Indians were here first
edit on 16-11-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point ketsuko how much history has been lost by the Islamic world just in the last 10 years destroying the Budda riled the world and in Saudi Arabia destroying churches and grave stones and now the birth place of Muhammed is going to get flattened to make way for shopping malls and hotels .

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You have done your research Labtech it is a pleasure reading your posts

scottish wildcat has 6 digits on each foot
forgot about that one , i re learned something new today

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Pagans discovered first, they were not muslims, christians or vikings. Natives also travelled to there most likely from the Far East.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point ketsuko how much history has been lost by the Islamic world just in the last 10 years destroying the Budda riled the world and in Saudi Arabia destroying churches and grave stones and now the birth place of Muhammed is going to get flattened to make way for shopping malls and hotels .

I suspect he's trying to burnish the Golden Age of Islam rather than referring to any earlier period.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Erdogan continues to bemuse me. He has no idea whatsoever about what he's talking about.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
The Turkish PM addressing a summit of Muslim leaders from Latin America made a wild claim about Columbus saw a mosque on Monday, October 21, 1492 CE while his ship was sailing near Gibara on the north-east coast of Cuba .

Sure. Why not.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Erdogan has an agenda and is a certifiable megalomaniac.

In the 10 years since his party swept to power, he has set about trying to dismantle the secular state Turkey was founded on.

First, he went after the Army - who saw themselves as Guardians of that State - prosecuting Generals on trumped up charges of plotting against him to overthrow the Islamist government. Then he introduced laws undermining said secularity, then changed the constitution giving the Presidency - then a largely ceremonial role - into a an executive position which he then ran for and won, not to mention the extraordinary extravagance of the new Presidential palace (as has been mentioned already), now this ridiculous claim.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

TURKEY HAS PROOF, THEY JUST FOUND A FLOPPY DISK THAT SAYS SO.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Cowboys and Muslims sounds like a lot of fun.

Just saying.....

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well no Columbus was quite clear on what he saw, there were no Muslim's in the Americas at that time. If there had been the Spanish would have taken violent action. there were just coming off the reconquista and had Muslim's as their number 1 enemy.

There are lots of claims the and only three stand up while another is highly probably, the rest? meh

Native Americans
Vikings
Columbus
Possibly the Polynesians

Everybody else is iffy to less than iffy

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Cowboys and Muslims sounds like a lot of fun.

Just saying.....

Listen to the whole song or skip to 2.14 mark, this was part of Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd fame) solo album Radio Kaos from the 1980's but listen to the lyrics.

edit on 17-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Muslims have not really discovered anything since their Golden Age between the 9th and 12th centuries. That said, Muslim traders ranged far and wide, but this is mostly well documented. However, they focussed eastwards via land and sea trade routes into the Far East.

I don't think they reached the Americas, which would have been a westward expedition by sea. Columbus may have seen a building that he likened to a mosque, but that does not mean it was a mosque.

We'll soon be told that they Muslims got to the moon first. Wait, is that the ruins of a mosque I see?

Regards

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There is a well documented case of Turkish or Barbery slaver's possibly raiding out of spain raiding iceland.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

They only stopped there westward raiding and expansion when the Turkish Ottoman dominance of the mediteranean was brought to an end at the battle of lepanto though there are many atrocitys right up unto the early 1900's that were commited by Ottomon forces such as the beheading of an entire towns population when they took shelter in a church on a greek island, they still have the head's in a pyramid as christian martyrs to this day.
en.wikipedia.org...
The admiral who led the european fleet is said to have prayed all night before a copy of the image of the virgin mary that is famous in mexico as a miracle that adornes the cactus cloth tilma of Huan Diego.
www.tldm.org...
www.catholic.com...
The battle was regarded as miracle as the Ottomon fleet severely outnumbered the Christian fleet and had the wind not suddenly turned in favour of the christians they ottomans would have won outright.

So the Turks and other Islamic slave raiders as well as merchants actually ventured as far as south america in the late 16th and early 17th century's.

Another great battle was outside the wall's of medievil Vienna, the Ottoman empire had sent a vast army to conquer the austro hungarian empire and had all but succeeded laying and unbreakable siege to the city, then in a stroke of genius the defeneders timed there desperate counter attack against an army that vastly outnumbered them for when the Turk's went to prayer, the Vienese knight's are said to have rode among the stunned Turk's lopping there head's off as they knelt in prayer and the turks panicked and were routed with the Vienese chasing them like some ancient biblical battle so that most never returned to there home and the Vienese drove the borders of Europe back.
edit on 17-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Muslims have not really discovered anything since their Golden Age between the 9th and 12th centuries. That said, Muslim traders ranged far and wide, but this is mostly well documented. However, they focussed eastwards via land and sea trade routes into the Far East.

I don't think they reached the Americas, which would have been a westward expedition by sea. Columbus may have seen a building that he likened to a mosque, but that does not mean it was a mosque.

We'll soon be told that they Muslims got to the moon first. Wait, is that the ruins of a mosque I see?

Regards

If you look at his journal entry he actually said that he saw a feature on a hill that looked like a mosque - he did not say that he saw an actual mosque. Sadly Erdogan has an agenda and is busy flapping his gums.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
So heres my take on this utterly STUPID
topic...
Why should we give a frakk who discoverd what....
Pissing territory...Sure...Why not...Behaving like
schoolkids in the sandbox...

Whenever whoever came to this continent were
it not allready there?
Whre there not allready people living there?!?

Dumba** territorial RATS and lameA** religion

If i could i would put you all in a small box...
And trow you as far as i could....

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: CJCrawley
The Vikings were there first.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Indians were here first

You once again have gotten to the heart of the matter. The Indians sat by and watched these other folk come and go, sail and depart, trod the ground and then untrod the land, and then finally a bunch of Spanish and other strangers came and stayed. But the Indians had America for the vast majority of the time it's been inhabited.

This thread is surprisingly full of data, well worth the flags and stars that Indians will put upon it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This must be true!

The overwhelming denial in this thread is proof of the suppression of knowledge*

*I'm sure somebody somewhere believes that argument as the real truth.

Now, back in the REAL real world.
I think the old guy is delusional.

edit on 17-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join