It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Vortex to Blast 200 Million People With Arctic Air

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The coldest weather of the season so far will extend from the Dakotas to Texas and the Interstate-95 corridor by the end of the week. The outbreak of arctic air will be long-lasting and may linger well past the middle of the month.

Heating demands will jump and people will be reaching for winter coats before venturing outdoors.

The worst of the cold will be felt from Fargo, North Dakota, and Minneapolis to Chicago and St. Louis.

The combination of cold air, wind and other conditions, including snow in part of the Midwest and northern Plains, will send AccuWeather RealFeel® temperatures plunging into the single digits and teens. Actual high temperatures may not reach the freezing mark in portions of the northern Plains and Midwest. Such cold will raise the risk of hypothermia and frostbite for those not properly dressed.

Polar Vortex to Blast 200 Million People With Arctic Air

When this happened last year Chicago saw temps around 18 degrees... 80 inches of snow and 32 people died from the cold.
CBS

there saying that this cold snap could well keep things cold until the end of this Month Nov.

Our local news is saying this

The mild fall temperatures are expected to end on Sunday. Bundling up when going outside for even short periods of time and being prepared to combat hypothermia and frostbite when going into the woods to hunt, chop wood, or ride horses is being highly recommended. A first aid or survival kit kept in vehicles in case of an accident or being stuck on the road due during winter storms is also highly advisable.

here it comes folks

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Yet there are still people who say that the world is getting warmer. Maybe it is...it's called Climate Change and it really has nothing to do with politics, or mankind. It is just the way it is...nature. Can't legislate that.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good deal. Maybe this cold will stop some the impending violence in Fergunson?

As for me, I'll be bundled up in my deer stand. Bring on the chilly weather!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OMG

Last year was brutal! I had a 22 year old buddy who froze to death under th influence. This weather is no joke

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Yet there are still people who say that the world is getting warmer. Maybe it is...it's called Climate Change and it really has nothing to do with politics, or mankind. It is just the way it is...nature. Can't legislate that.

The cold blast coming is a result of a high pressure storm that is bumping up into the polar vortex. What goes up must bump down. That's where the push is. As far as the warming goes, it's the oceans that are seeing much of the warming and that is what is very likely to be fueling these systems. Weather over the continents gets created over the oceans. Our oceans are really the climatic engine of the world.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Good deal. Maybe this cold will stop some the impending violence in Fergunson?

As for me, I'll be bundled up in my deer stand. Bring on the chilly weather!

Careful... Whenever I talk about hunting here in Colorado... the ATS members slam me down!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's okay... I still think a bad day hunting is way better than a good day working

oh yeah as for the coming storm...burrrrr...

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We need to build a huge wall on the northern border to keep that cold air in Canada where it belongs!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

I remember last year when it finally warmed up to zero, it felt nice!

Not really looking forward to another year like that

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

No Joke... Last year during the cold snap... I buddy of mine went out drinking with friends....
well he got drunk and those friends of his... left him passed out on the front porch... all night long!

lost all his toes from frostbite and we think he's damn lucky that was all he lost

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I know this...or at least I think I do. But what is to say that all the hydro-carbons in the atmosphere won't cause the next Ice Age like the same scientists predicting Global warming today, who also predicted the next Ice Age back in the '70's are right...or wrong. I think it's pretty much a cycle. And it's a cycle they (The scientists) don't understand.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Rofl...

Here in Michigan il be glad to see some snow. The roads have been pretty crowded lately. I've seen wayyyyy to much grey hair this close to deer season this year... Little chilly pat on the bottom on the way south is called for I reckon!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

All I know is that cold air...according to the weather maps...
is supposed to stay east of the Rockies...

Meaning I'll be nice and warn at my place...warn in comparison to the Midwestern states that is

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

LMAO! Poor Elk.hahaha

Anti hunters are a funny lot. I wonder if they think it's better for an animal to freeze to death, or be humanely killed and used for nurishment?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: caterpillage

Rofl...

Here in Michigan il be glad to see some snow. The roads have been pretty crowded lately. I've seen wayyyyy to much grey hair this close to deer season this year... Little chilly pat on the bottom on the way south is called for I reckon!

I'm over here in Colorado... spent the first part of this week elk hunting...
should be feet deep in snow by now up in the high country... but it's not... Mid 60's dry and windy...

Bring on the cold, I'm ready !!!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Apparently they think they can legislate Nature.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

"They" think they can do a lot more than that. LOL

Ain't ever gonna happen.

Science is the "new" religion some say and lawmakers that think they can change the climate are delusional as far as I'm concerned. You want to change the climate? Then get literally everybody across the board...on board. That's the only way.
edit on 7-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I was in Afghanistan for the last one sweating my butt off...

I was actually glad to be there for that. This is going to suck. My area get seriously cold in the winter anyway. This is going to make it much worse.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I was in Afghanistan for the last one sweating my butt off...

I was actually glad to be there for that. This is going to suck. My area get seriously cold in the winter anyway. This is going to make it much worse.

Didn't want you to miss out so we booked a sequel just for you...
just our way of saying welcome back and ....naner naner naner...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That's actually one of the theories as to what might happen if the oceans continue to warm--not a full fledged ice age but colder continents. What's been happening is that warmer air (and water) is pushing further up into the Arctic and that is displacing the cold pockets of air southward.

www.noaa.gov...

As far as what creates ice ages, I don't think that has been quite figured out totally but I know that it's likely to due with the obliquity of the eartha nd a few other factors. In that sense, yes, it is a cycle. It's where on the position of that cycle we're at and whether that coincides as to what is happening now. The things that scientists do know about the grand cycles of the earth do not offer any explanation as to what is occurring presently. That's one of the reasons why so many scientists do not question anthropogenic climate change.

I think part of the problem is that, early on in the examination of these issues back in the 70's, there was a lot less data than we have now. Additionally, we have a ton more of processing power for all that data, which also wasn't there in the 70's. The more data that the scientists collect and process, the more refined the what ifs are going to become. In that light, you bet that opinions of what might happen are going to shift over time as more information comes in. That's the way it works for anybody. Does your opinion necessarily stay the same when you learn more information on the subject? Maybe, maybe not--depending on that new information.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Okay, here's the plan... everyone in the country grab a big piece of cardboard, face north and fan like crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join