It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE Experience Meeting Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh boy, I'm gonna catch fire for this, but people will never learn if their fallacies are not pointed out to them. First off, OP, what an incredible experience and a truly fascinating read. Your willingness to come forward however bold it may be seems a bit premature to me. You immediately went on the defense over some harmless questions then attacked the one who questioned you; bad form and incredibly rude. You came here expecting support and belief with the notion to write off anyone who might be a skeptic; at least that is how it seems. Thick skin, despite what you may think is not something you have; at least, not in this instance. You then elaborated on what you saw concerning the explosions, but what you saw was not possible. So the validity of your experience is now in question. OoBE happen in real time and in real time you can not see both halves of the Earth at the same time, sorry, it doesn't work that way.

However, I did not come into this tread to just scold the OP, because be it dream, OoBE or fiction I still found it fascinating, but more over, it struck a chord with me. I find myself interested in the Dark Skinned Aliens. This is an entirely personal query that stem from my own experiences. I would very much like to know a bit more about their appearance. If you paid little attention to them, I will understand and leave you in peace; continuing my search elsewhere. -Vageryn -

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vageryn
You then elaborated on what you saw concerning the explosions, but what you saw was not possible. So the validity of your experience is now in question. OoBE happen in real time and in real time you can not see both halves of the Earth at the same time, sorry, it doesn't work that way.

I think you may have misunderstood the context of the "explosions" a bit (at least, if I haven't interpreted her experience wrongly)

In the OoBE, the "real time" part was on the spaceship, during which - she was being shown 'images' of a 'possible WW3 scenario future', and it was in the 'images' that she could see both halves of the Earth with the explosions happening in various places all at once...

And it was the shock/fear of the sudden explosions within the images of 'future' (possible future) that threw her back to her body...

(I hope I've got that all right, at least it read that way to me)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What a fascinating OBE too have! Thankyou so much for sharing your experience i know it can't be easy to put it out there but there isso many people like myself that really appreciate this kind of thing being shared! I cant seem to OBE no matter how much i try, maybe i try too much, i can't meditate very well either i have way too much mental chatter!

I have read countless amounts of stories where people have had contact with ET's in various different ways and they have talked about all the war and aggression on our planet and have pointed out Nuclear War which i find really interesting because alot of the stories match up, i can see why they would only observe from a distance and only make contact with more spiritual humans because generally they aren't going to be aggressive or a threat to them.. Thanks again for sharing.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

To the OP: thank you for sharing your story and don't let your fear deter you. Please don't get discouraged. For every 1 person that gives you a hard time there could be 20 that are interested. I am glad you took the time to share your experience with the rest of us. Thank you.

a reply to: AgentShillington

originally posted by: AgentShillington
So then, what is the appreciable difference?

Do you also suffer from hallucinations? If not, how do you know it isn't a hallucination?

Awareness and content are the key elements of the dream scale. People will often argue about the details but here are the rough highlights:

1.) Plain dream: you are neither aware you are dreaming nor is the dream similar to reality
2.) Lucid dream: you know you are dreaming and have some measure of control but the content varies and it often doesn't seem real
3.) OBE: you are completely aware, as if you were awake, and your surroundings seem to mimic reality even though you know you are dreaming/OBE.

This is a continuum that you can drift between through the night. For instance the OBE doesn't necessarily have to be exactly like our reality (referred to as the RTZ by many OBE'ers). In fact, this is usually just the first stage of what has been dubbed a wider reality. In any case, one key element of an OBE is hyper-awareness.

Who are we to judge? We haven't really investigated this topic too deeply as a society.

I hope my explanation helps. You will know when you have an OBE and it is a completely different animal than a dream. You are completely aware and confusing it for a normal dream would be like confusing your waking conscious experience for a dream.

Three blasts, mind you, on opposite sides of the planet from each other.

I'm sorry, but your story has lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

You are overanalyzing the OBE experience.

edit on 3-11-2014 by compressedFusion because: changed "dream" to "normal dream"

edit on 3-11-2014 by compressedFusion because: added encouraging words

edit on 3-11-2014 by compressedFusion because: added last quote

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
Fair enough. As I thought about it more I started to think the same thing. Perhaps she witnessed a simulation.

An oversight on my part. Nice Avatar by the way.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

When I have been in their ships the light eminates from ceiling and walls, there's no lamps anywhere.
The interior color is white.
Furniture very similar to ours.

More than one ET race in a ship, the smaller ones (Greys and those who look like Greys but different color) might be androids/robots. I don't know, but due to their behavior, or lack of behaviour and emotions I am leaning towards that.

The race I've been in contact most warned about a coming war, it will be the biggest war on Earth. He warned me about this in August of 2012 no mention of when or where, to me it was as if there will be a war. Also when he showed me around the ship we came to a big room, some sort of technical room and I noticed a huge window, as I walked towards the window I could hear the man I was with walking away towards one of the tech people/ET's saying: The scoutship is too small to enter Earths atmosphere... As they kept talking I looked out the window and saw Earth, that was actually when I realized I was on a spaceship. I saw space, Earth and parts of the ship. Earth is VERY beautiful!

Another race, skin Grey and big black eyes (not the Grey tall types) I feel as if this is a whole other race.
Military, strict type of race. Also warned me, not really saying that there will be a war but said and showed me that they have a ship monitoring Russia. This was during the troubles with USA and Iran I had that encounter, I didn't write that experience up in my book so I don't have the exact date.

That's the only 2 experiences where a ET race has told me about war.

OOBE's are awsome.
I've only had one where I remember from start to finish, meaning, leaving my body, the time between and coming back to my body. I shot out to space... didn't find what I was looking for though. Empty space.

Another time I became aware being seated on a chair in a room (like a interrigation room on those cop shows) I was tighed up in rope around my arms and blindfolded, I could take the blindfold off and look around, a lamp in the middle of the roof and there were 3 other humans next to my right seated as me but out of it. In front of me was one of those tinted windows. I knew I had to get away, my instinct told me - Reptilians and Humans, they will come back for me if I don't get away. -

Somehow I realized I was in control, so I just began moving through layers... weird... and I came to my room where my physical body was sleeping. I was in panic mode, looking over my shoulder the whole time.
I took my astral hands on my physical body (my body was sleeping on my belly) pushed my hands on my back and started screaming my name to wake up.
When I partly was waking up I could feel the pressure on my back of the hands and how my body kept moving down and up in the bed (sinking in the pillow and rising) then I woke up.

No one can tell me that wasn't a oobe.

I've had many others, a couple where I stand by my physical body just watching and others where I am else where with other beings.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: compressedFusion

I'm confused about the difference between your description of a lucid dream and an obe, I'm assuming obe means 'out of body experience'?

I often become self aware during my dreams, quite regularly I will be walking down my street in my dream and realise something is off, I usually check my watch twice and if the time is completely different each time I know that I am dreaming. This then gives me control of my dream and I go off flying (I love flying in my dreams) until my body fights back and wakes me up.

So would that be a lucid dream or an obe? I'm a regular lucid dreamer but obe's are not something I have any real knowledge of.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999

I'm confused about the difference between your description of a lucid dream and an obe, I'm assuming obe means 'out of body experience'?

I often become self aware during my dreams, quite regularly I will be walking down my street in my dream and realise something is off, I usually check my watch twice and if the time is completely different each time I know that I am dreaming. This then gives me control of my dream and I go off flying (I love flying in my dreams) until my body fights back and wakes me up.

So would that be a lucid dream or an obe? I'm a regular lucid dreamer but obe's are not something I have any real knowledge of.

Obe are not lucid dreaming i recommend reading robert monroes journeys out of body trilogy. Very good books.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Don't listen to the detractors, they just don't know..

There are some of us that DO believe you, and we DO appreciate you telling your story, don't let them get you down, just ignore them if you have to. They are as Socrates would say, "happily without the muses".

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo;
favete linguis; carmina non prius
audita Musarum sacerdos
virginibus puerisque canto.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion
Awareness and content are the key elements of the dream scale. People will often argue about the details but here are the rough highlights:

1.) Plain dream: you are neither aware you are dreaming nor is the dream similar to reality
2.) Lucid dream: you know you are dreaming and have some measure of control but the content varies and it often doesn't seem real
3.) OBE: you are completely aware, as if you were awake, and your surroundings seem to mimic reality even though you know you are dreaming/OBE.

This is a continuum that you can drift between through the night. For instance the OBE doesn't necessarily have to be exactly like our reality (referred to as the RTZ by many OBE'ers). In fact, this is usually just the first stage of what has been dubbed a wider reality. In any case, one key element of an OBE is hyper-awareness.

Nice overview! However I think if we are being honest we need to tell people that sometimes lucid dreams and OBEs blend together. The continuum isn't always as nice and orderly as we'd like it to be. Just last night I started out in an OBE, got out of bed, looked around, and started groping my way through the dark towards the staircase. Then all of the sudden, out of nowhere, I bumped into a family member who I knew was still sleeping. As I walked upstairs, I saw the sun shining through the windows. Since I knew it was still completely dark outside. I knew I had to be in a lucid dream rather an OBE.

The thing is though I didn't make the connection that it was a lucid dream till after I woke up and I saw with my own two eyes that it was still pitch black out. The start of the experience had all of the normal hallmarks of being an OBE. I am not trying to say that what the OP experienced was an LD, but sometimes the boundaries blur between OBE and LD and it's important to try to identify when that happens.
edit on 2014-11-4 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtraeme

Nice overview! However I think if we are being honest we need to tell people that sometimes lucid dreams and OBEs blend together. The continuum isn't always as nice and orderly as we'd like it to be. Just last night I started out in an OBE, got out of bed, looked around, and started groping my way through the dark towards the staircase. Then all of the sudden, out of nowhere, I bumped into a family member who I knew was still sleeping. As I walked upstairs, I saw the sun shining through the windows. Since I knew it was still completely dark outside. I knew I had to be in a lucid dream rather an OBE.

Thing is though I didn't make the connection that it was a lucid dream till after I woke up and I saw with my own two eyes that it was still pitch black outside. The start of the experience had all of the normal indicators of being an OBE. I am not trying to say that what the OP experienced was an LD, but sometimes the boundaries blur between OBE and LD and it's important to try to identify when that happens.

That's what I'm trying to understand, if your having an obe then that would mean your in reality, just not in your physical body? So you can go anywhere and do anything?

CompressedFusion says that an obe mimics reality but you know your dreaming, isn't that the same as having a lucid dream?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely interested in the phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

This is the best explaination that I have heard and what I believe are the differences:

OBE=into the physical world (if only in appearance)
Astral Projection=into some level of the spiritual world or astral or whatever.
Lucid Dream=self aware dream state in which you do not intentionally or consciously enter.

Personally I have never had an OBE into the physical looking world, but I have Astral Projected once. For the OP as with others on this thread, you guys hit the nail on the head when you say you cannot convince non-believers that this is a real phenomenon....

So for all you non-believers, stop trying to convince us/others that we are wrong and arent experiencing these things in an altered sense of consciousness or that somehow we are all shams or liars or just confused....

You will not convince us, because it is not the truth. These experiences are REAL....and you cannot compare or pick apart these experiences because they are each unique to the situation and the normal laws of physics/reality do not apply there. Ie. Trying to poke holes in the mulitiple explosion comment...... Perspective is different depending on the experience.....and perspective can be quite shifted or enhanced within the Astral/Physical OBE realms..

I challenge anyone to research techniques and give a solid chance at attempting to AP/OBE yourself. There are plenty of instructions and informational sites out there via Google.

Keep in mind that not everyone will do it the first time.....(It took me a couple of months before I a full blown AP experience)

Funny thing is once it is over, it is much less grandiose than one would think.....it feels almost natural that you experienced it after completing a trip for the first time. I remember waking up after being slammed back into my body and rolling over and thinking/shrugging "well I did it". It was not until the next day that I was a little excited explaining the experience to others that were also trying to project.

Anyway...this post is getting long...

Bottom line....Naysayers just back off....your posts are having no effect on beliefs in here.
edit on 4-11-2014 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AtcGod

Thanks for replying

Several weeks back I realised I was dreaming while standing on my parents street, I actually remember marvelling at how great the human mind is at recreating locations, every detail was perfect down to each blade of grass on the front lawns. Another occasion several years ago while dreaming I turned my head to the left and saw the side of my own face as though I was floating and looking down on my own body, I immediately panicked and felt like I kind of snapped back down into my body and awoke.

Were these occasions lucid dreams or obe's? How do you tell the difference?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Thanks for replying

Several weeks back I realised I was dreaming while standing on my parents street, I actually remember marvelling at how great the human mind is at recreating locations, every detail was perfect down to each blade of grass on the front lawns. Another occasion several years ago while dreaming I turned my head to the left and saw the side of my own face as though I was floating and looking down on my own body, I immediately panicked and felt like I kind of snapped back down into my body and awoke.

Were these occasions lucid dreams or obe's? How do you tell the difference?

Well if you didn't consciously enter the dreamstate it would be hard to tell if you were truly AP or not. I find it really interesting that essentially you had an OBE while in a Lucid Dream =)

The symptom you describe about being slammed back awake is definately associated with OBE and AP.

Based on my experience an OBE/AP is an event in which you are totally self aware/conscious and transition right into the experience.

From reading your post...I think you may have been lucid dreaming and then somehow you had a OBE within the dream which caused you to OBE in real life while dreaming???? Really cool!!! Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'm not entirely sure how I do it to be honest, I just kind of realise somethings off and become aware that I'm asleep, I'm a sufferer of sleep paralysis and I've read that lucid dreaming is a happy by-product of that.

It makes me wonder now if sometimes I have experienced an obe as opposed to lucid dreams, usually in my lucid dreams I'm in some unknown place which I can modify to my own will, the occasion on my parents street I wasn't able to change anything at all, it was picture perfect to how the street is in reality.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your amazing experience
I too have had obe's throughout my life from childhood. One that has always stuck out to me the most though, was when I was around 22 years old. I had a dream a couple months before of a giant swirling vortex rip open the sky and suck me right up lol. Needless to say if I could # I would have # myself. I woke up almost as soon as I entered it out of fear. However, when I awoke I was strangely obsessed with the encounter. I had this nagging feeling that it would greatly benefit me to allow myself to travel through the vortex to see what is on the other side. So for a couple months every night I would got to sleep I would focus on manifesting the vortex again. By the way, I didn't know if I could manifest it or not, it just seemed like the natural thing to do haha. So, one night it occurred again. I was dreaming and the dreamscape transitioned in to a very peaceful park like world. There were grass and trees everywhere with winding cement walkways and benches. I remember there was a lake, and on the other side there were half constructed buildings.
Anyway, I was walking down a pathway and noticed an old man in a brown suite and a fedora styled had sitting on a bench reading a newspaper. For whatever reason, that triggered me to realize I was dreaming, so I became elated and told the man I was dreaming. When I told him, he lowered the newspaper a bit and, like a broken record, repeated the words, "why yes, yes you are!". That started to weird me out and at that moment the sky ripped open and the vortex sucked me up again. However, this time I was ready for it and allowed myself to not be afraid and just travel through it. Well, I never expected to experience what I did on the other side of that vortex. I was travelling through swirling blackness then a bright white light bled through the darkness and consumed everything. It felt like I merged with the light. At that moment I only felt the most strong sense of positive energy, love and understanding. The being spoke to me but without words; It's words just appeared in my mind like thoughts, but it was very obvious the thoughts came from the light. It let me know that everything was going to be alright in the end; that I was being looked after and loved.
I woke up immediately afterwords and have never stopped thinking about that instance. It proved to me without a doubt that there definitely is something we all come from and that something is always looking after us some how.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

That is very similar to a lucid dream to astral projection transition I experienced as a child. I was having a nightmare, but was lucid. This being was spinning me around many times until I became disoriented. It felt like he through me and I ended up in the Albertson's parking lot down the street from my house. At that point I was very confused because everything looked so real. I asked myself, "wasn't I just dreaming?". It felt so real, there were no people, it was sunrise and the colors were very vibrant. Then all of a sudden I awoke in my bed. I got up to tell my mom what happened because I was young and I heard her in the bathroom blow drying her hair like she does every morning as she is getting ready for work. Well I tried to get her attention and she ignored me. I though no biggie I'll just yell so she can hear me over the blow dryer. Still no response. I got upset and saw my dad walking down the hallway in his scrubs doing his usual morning routine before going to work. He too ignored me. At this point I thought something must not be right, and when I realized that I was transported to floating above my body. I saw me asleep in bed then it felt like I fell into my body and I woke up. My mom was just putting the blow dryer away when I woke up and my dad was downstairs putting his shoes on.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

In any case, one key element of an OBE is hyper-awareness.

I am aware of the claims of the OBE experiencer. Hyper-awareness is one of the factors I was checking for when I asked the pointed questions that I did. Would a hyper-aware person in an OBE state notice whether or not the Earth had polar icecaps?

That is a point of conjecture, at the very least.

Who are we to judge? We haven't really investigated this topic too deeply as a society.

As the audience of this tale, being given both a message and a warning, it is our responsibility as a people to verify the validity of statements like the ones made by the OP. What do you think investigation is if not calculated judgements based on empirical research?

I hope my explanation helps. You will know when you have an OBE and it is a completely different animal than a dream. You are completely aware and confusing it for a normal dream would be like confusing your waking conscious experience for a dream.

I have had bouts of self induced altered dream states. I have been monitored by medical professionals when both sleep paralysis and lucid dream states have occurred. This is not a subject I take lightly, nor is it a subject that I feel has a lot of room for unsubstantiated claim, because they impede proper investigation.

You are overanalyzing the OBE experience.

You claim that we don't investigate it as a society, and then deflect an attempt to investigate as over analysis.

Should we as a people that investigate claims of paranormal activity simply take every persons story and experience as valid evidence of said activity? Because that is a world where no one lies, or is mistaken, or has mental health concerns, or does drugs. We don't live in that world.

Before we can even begin to investigate the phenomenon, we have to ascertain if said phenomenon is even happening. That's not what I am doing here. Not anymore anyway, as it has become quite clear that this isn't a thread to be taken seriously, and it is just another in a long line of "I need to tell my story but don't want to add to the investigation because it wont stand up to any kind of scrutiny and anyone that questions me even slightly is attacking me and I DONT LIKE THAT!" threads.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What you described is an experience that many people have had. So...know you are not alone in it.

Also try to understand that for people who haven't, this is very troubling and difficult to believe, and it is expected that they will be very sceptical, and some may be even very rude about it.

There are lots of people in the world that truly believe being forceful and aggressive is an effective way of influencing anothers opinion. They are right in some cases, but fail to see that only those who are very externally focused are vulnerable to that sort of pressure- and those who have such experiences as you have described are for the most part, internally focused. So it is a waste of energy.

I did not follow the rest of this thread, so that is not an observation of this particular discussion! Perhaps that didn't happen here. I am just saying it to explain why I suggest it might not be constructive to expose this everywhere, or that you should expect derision, mockery, even anger, at times. -And that it is not because "people are just jerks". They really have trouble with the subject matter, and think you need to be shaken out of your folly. Understand them, forgive them, and don't sweat it! Cheers!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
To the Op. That was a fascinating readings.

I wish i could experience the OBE. But i guess i don't know how or probably my spirituality isn't "strong" enough.
Well I've always been curious about the paranormal side of a human mind.

Hmm by the way, from what OP experienced and what I've seen the news and the world. Its only a matter of time whether we press the red buttons over reason i consider as a immature and childish reactions.

I wonder, is there a way for some like me who hasn't experienced OBE or Lucid dreams be able to learn the ways of OBE?
I'm normally open minded although there are times my skeptical part of me start analyzing what i hear or reads.

Sincerly yours

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join