It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberian woman with fever hospitalized in Oregon, awaits Ebola test results

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Not all hospitals have the equipment necessary for rapid results testing. Transportation time to facilities that do accounts for the difference in times for available results. a reply to: whoreallyknows

edit on AM0000003000000011114447302014-11-02T08:47:51-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Really? What about Dr. Spencer in NY? Doesn't he count? The government will not ever be able to hide real Ebola cases in the US. Medical personnel at any hospital would scream it. No way they hush this up.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I watched the entire presser, but for some reason it was cut off after 16 minutes.

When asked how long it would take to get test results there was a lengthy pause. You could see he was struggling to find the right words. At least that was my impression.

He said there was another patient in Oregon who is being monitored.

The patient's movement was not restricted during monitoring and was considered "low risk." The people she is staying with are under voluntary quarantine.

I don't understand why they won't say if she is from the U.S. and traveled there or vice-versa. They refused to say which country she traveled to, citing patient confidentiality. It seems to me if this turns out to be Ebola, then those details will have to be released as this is a public health emergency.

If she has Ebola, then her whereabouts during monitoring should also be released as some patients can be contagious even if asymptomatic.

At least they said she lives in Portland. It took awhile to drag that info from him.

It wasn't a temporary fever but persistent.

They refused to say how long she's been in this country. What does the timing of her trip have to do with patient confidentiality?

Who said she was in an accident and that this have been the cause of her fever? The family she is staying with? Nothing about this accident was mentioned during the presser.

I don't understand why they were so tight-lipped. They should have released a statement and let it go at that if they want to be so secretive.

No details were given about the other patient or where that person is located.

They used alot of words to say very little. Very disappointing.....and irritating.

www.kptv.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wasn't that the site that showed a mag 12 earthquake off the coast of Africa last week? Yes it did. Still waiting for the tsunami from that impossibly large earthquake. I wouldn't believe anything on that site. reply to: dianajune

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Hi Dianajune

I also felt he was being evasive about when results would come out.

Her family stated she was in the accident, I linked the info in a previous post. Even if she was I don't believe thats the cause of her fever and could be a way of the family down playing it.

Other sources say she arrived Tues, but in the video the doctors are tight lip on any personal details.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If she has autoimmune then a traffic accident could trigger a phantom autoimmune fever even without an infection. The stress and injuries would wake up the autoimmune symptoms. But for most of the population a fever that high would mean an infection.

You don't need an autoimmune disorder to get sick from a car crash. It happened to me. All you need is a concussion. Fever, nausea, fatigue all set in.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What do you believe that is tellin about.? If you're implying that the doctor is not being truthful just say hey I think he's lying. What exactly does "telling" mean?a reply to: whoreallyknows

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Wasn't that the site that showed a mag 12 earthquake off the coast of Africa last week? Yes it did. Still waiting for the tsunami from that impossibly large earthquake. I wouldn't believe anything on that site. reply to: dianajune

I didn't hear about a large quake off the coast of Africa. I rarely visit the site I posted but wanted to put it out there in case anyone at ATS wanted to see it.

Re. quakes, I don't believe the USGS is any good, but here is the European equivalent that is pretty reliable. This is a map of worldwide quakes that are at least 4.0 in magnitude:

European Mediterranean Seismological Centre

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Kptv is the local Fox news channel for the area. I don't think your comment about a earthquake has anything to do with this story. If you want to debate how often news channels get there stories 100% right you should start a thread about it.

The reason people talk about cases and find different new sites is because stories change and not all sites have the same info.

Feel free to post your own links with info regarding this particular case if you can find them.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The news on the sick Liberian women has been already on local news in the state where she came down sick after returning from Liberia, the state has done already press conference in the issue so is considered worthy news.

You information is not wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Struggling? Like being deceptive? Or actually doesn't have an exact time frame yet? I guess I'm just trusting. Not a suspicious type person. a reply to: dianajune

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

If they suspected her temp was from brain damage she would of had a scan done (can't say if that took place or not).

I don't believe the doctors would of had a press conference to dicuss her being monitored for Ebola if they felt a reportes car accident was the source of fever. But then again they're not say much about the patient at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I don't think that was RSOE-EDIS

The earthquake thread is here: This Dude Looks Crazy

Looks like the news source here was quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Why do we need any accident confirmed? What does that matter?ga reply to: intrptr

To see if the family lied about the reason she has a fever. The Liberian government confirmed that Duncan lied on his exit exam to get on a plane to leave the country. They could assist in this regard here as well. Thats why I said it would come out. Haven't been following this thread this morning and I gots to go…

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Hard to say. Press conferences are a form of damage control. They may have been worried when the story already got out and they don't want people panicking. Hopefully that's all it is. Keeping an eye on it. If any state is prepared Oregon is lol

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog
Yes I just read that the temperature regulation portion of the brain could be effected in an accident. Hot flashes raise body temps but have nothing to do with infection and everything to do with the function of this part of the brain. So if she has an injury to that part of the brain she could get a fever

www.healthcaremagic.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Because of the time frame that people are coming from over sea and getting sick specially from ebola ridden countries, beside those that work with the health care system and are US citizens, the rest happen to be people that are not Americans but just "vistors" on visas, this people seems to be the ones that are more often than not in the news.

I guess the government or state may not want to have a bad rep about these "visitors" coming down sick and testing positive with ebola so they may want to suppress their nationality in case one happen to be an unlucky one, like Mr. Duncan was.

Now when it comes to doctors or nurses after working with the sick it seems natural that they are on the spot light but they also as Americans can invoke their privacy rights.

Could we have hidden cases of ebola in the nation? perhaps in my opinion only, but is hard to tell, I imagine that they will not be in any danger to the public.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was just trying to point out that that site is unreliable. A mag 12 is impossible. I wouldn't believe what they said about this woman. They seem dedicated to doomy type articles and information. . a reply to: dianajune

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Please . I was pointing out that particular sites reputation for false information and giving an example of one such incident. Totally relevant to the discussion where someone said they say she's positive for Ebola. a reply to: whoreallyknows

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No that wasn't the thread and it was on the site noted. a reply to: nukedog

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join