It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberian woman with fever hospitalized in Oregon, awaits Ebola test results

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: audenine

Im glad to hear the hospital close to you is prepared. Please keep us posted on anything you hear locally. Im not seeing much information on any news sources
edit on 1-11-2014 by whoreallyknows because: word edit

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was just looking for this around twitter, not much to see for sure. Keep your eyes peeled

edit on 1-11-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Link

Nurses Union says hospital is prepared to treat ebola patients. Stated nurses caring for Liberian woman in isolation all volunteered.

The patient is receiving treatment in isolation at Providence Milwaukie Hospital. The nurses caring for her have all volunteered for the duty, according to Providence. They are among more than 500 nurses in the Providence system in Oregon that have trained in how to safely care for a possible Ebola patient. Providence emergency-room nurse Susan King, director of the Oregon Nurses’ Association, has also received the training

edit on 1-11-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Yep. I've driven past that hospital numerous times. It's about twenty-forty minutes from where I live. Depending on traffic. My bro used to live out there.
edit on 1-11-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Have you heard any updates on local news cast. Only new info I found was the patient is 21-years old

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I think a website that posts all the possible Ebola cases and people in the testing process would be a goldmine. I wonder how many stories are vanishing into thin air. The people controlling the flow and content of information hold the real power. This is why the internet is so gosh darn important in today's world.

Maybe someone could author a thread here on ATS with this information. I do not have the time or skills needed for doing it but I bet other members do.
edit on 1-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Sorry, but I don't even watch television. This thread was the first I heard about it. Makes me a little bit nervous because I hate thinking about diseases spreading so close to home. My usual thing is to ignore it and hope for the best, otherwise I may think about it too much and stress out. You're talking to a guy who hasn't been to a doctor in ten years. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
edit on 1-11-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I found a website that almost fits your description, but it's not devoted to just Ebola cases. Here's the link for RSOE-EDIS. The first part you will see is a worldwide map, followed by the Ebola section, then others. In the Ebola section they have columns for WHO data and EDIS data.

According to this website, (EDIS data), the case in Oregon is a confirmed infection. I thought they were still waiting for test results?

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

RSOE-EDIS is notorious for incorrect information, I would not put much trust in anything from that site without 2 or 3 other independent sites to confirm.

There are a lot of people that like it, but I never have.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm a bit over 300 miles from there. There's a main article sharing locally. So far I'm seeing from she has no fever now but is to remain in quarantine until the test results are in. Her blood sample was sent to the CDC, she'll be tested soon(maybe tomorrow?) as well as a second test if negative.

Oregon Live- no longer has fever, host family says
edit on 2-11-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
She was monitoring herself for Ebola symptoms under a voluntary program. What does that mean? Was she around citizens with Ebola?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If she has autoimmune then a traffic accident could trigger a phantom autoimmune fever even without an infection. The stress and injuries would wake up the autoimmune symptoms. But for most of the population a fever that high would mean an infection.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Im very familiar with autoimmune diseases and your correct the inflammatory response from stress and bodily excersize, too much sun exposure
or injury can cause fever, but normally its low-grade fever. A flare can also cause a flu-like feeling. At 21 if she did have autoimmune disease she may not yet be as familiar with all the aspects if just diagnosed.

But I don't think thats the case here not with temp of 102. Its more than likely viral or bacterial

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Hi texasgirl
They've said very little about her and I've not heard anything about her exposure or contacts while living in Liberia.
edit on 2-11-2014 by whoreallyknows because: fix word

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I didn't know about that website's rep, but I thought it might be good to put out there anyway. I wish there was one devoted to Ebola info only but so far I haven't found one. Will keep looking....here's another link but it doesn't have much info at all:

healthmap.org...

edit on 2-11-2014 by dianajune because: added link

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

there is a member here who made such a website and app...i think the app is called contagion tracker

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've been watching CNN this morning and not a peep.

I'll keep checking the Providence Health & Services fot the next patient up.

Been searching twitter and the net and hard to find anything at all

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Here is a link with a video of the press conference to announce they were testing patient for Ebola. One thing I find telling is when the doctor is asked when the test results will be available and he clearly is being evasive (about 4:15 mark). He states "we expect results when they're available" Its 16min long but the telling parts are about the 3:15 mark on.

www.kptv.com...

edit on 2-11-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

[The concept of screening at 5 airports doesn't make much sense to me, since it seems post of the patients have developed fever and symptoms about 3 to 5 days after arrival.]

What patients? We've had two cases come into the country Duncan in Dallas and Spencer in NY.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why do we need any accident confirmed? What does that matter?ga reply to: intrptr

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join