It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anybody Know A Way To Expose Someone For 'Stolen Valor'?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

pretend you believe him and get more stories off him they will just get bigger and bigger,but remember it may be a form of mental illness.
I have close friends that are world class spin masters of the B.Sing. arts and we have called them out in it but they still carry on.
In everything else though they are the best mates you could ever have and will bend over backwards to help and are pretty loyal but they have a touch of the old Baron Von Munchausen.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
seems like a lame vendetta to me...
stealing valor??? ok

if you really want to out him it wont be all that hard man...just wait till a few of the vets are around as well as him and tell him flat out you think he is lying.....
he will either freak out and storm off in which case you will have proven it
or
he will swear up and down that he is telling the truth. then you and the other dudes can ask him questions and when he answers wrong you will have proven it..

is it really that big of a deal?
you care that much about stolen valor??

i unno. to me there are worse things to be done but thats just me

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Laws against lying when no real damage is done are stupid. This is the kindve thing that ysed to be treated with a punch in the face ratger than telling on someone. Back ib the day vets would just bloody his nose and it would be done.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My thing is...I absolutely hate posers! With a passion.

I recognize when I screw up and acknowledge it. Why can't others do the same?

I tell the truth as I see it. Which doesn't go over to well with the ladies sometimes. (Never ask me if that dress makes you look fat, because chances are that I'll tell ya, "Of Course not...you are fat! The dress has nothing to do with it.")

I've called out plenty of posers the past decade plus.

My philosophy is be who you really are. Telling the truth is so much easier than keeping track of lies.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ha!
And there's me posing as other professions to attrack women.
I've been everything from a dolphin trainer to pit crew member

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
These dudes really aggravate me. It's not just disrespectful, it's creepy, weird and pathetic. I'd find out his stories, then confront him privately and tell him to stop his b.s. If that doesn't work, I'd call him out publicly. Semper Fi

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You # with this guy for stealing valour....I tell you truethfully......many officers in the US Army are guilty of the same thing...only taking the credit from real soldiers......or blowing up their act of valour all out of proportion....to get their ticket punched and gain promotions......
This kid is just too young to understand his mistake.....why don't you just man up and tell him sometime in private........just asking....

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Better yet give him a code red. "You cant handle the truth" ...put some bars of soap in a pillow case and you hold him down while the real vets go to work on him...."i eat lunch 500 yards away from people that want to kill me but you know nothing about that...........but sir did you give the order for code red. "YOURE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID
Problem solved

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
I thought it was illegal to lie about being a vet ... or is that just wearing the uniform? I am sure there were news stories about this in the past few years.

I know that there's a 'Stolen Valor' Act, but I'm not sure what it entails.

Technically/legally, it's only stolen valor if they claim to have earned or publicly wear medals they never received.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I love this stolen valor video

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join