It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Is A Daily Choice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Within every hour of the day we are forced to make a decision that affects the consciousness of other people. Affecting the consciousness of other people is important because the root of our spirituality is a connection between all life on earth, so people have found that they can take advantage of that, and create a list of psychological falsehood ploys to manipulate the emotions of other people. Similar to a 'control freak' but intent deriving from negativity, the reason why I relate it to evil but it is the very broad sense of the word and it is not considered a 'big thing' or sometimes it is unknowingly happening.

It appears that every action (since most of our communication, which is action to others, is not our words) describes good and bad (as if we could read each others mind) on an incredibly large scale with a very thin line. It is like tracing the intent down beneath the layers and exposing it, as if every fruit as an origin of either light or darkness.

Many individuals have been taught that respect must be earned in order for it to be given. In truth respect is the same thing as love, and much if the time it is not as easy to give love than it is to give a negative emotion, especially if 50 people happen to be lying to you and betraying you. In truth it is nothing more than a repetitive cycle of ignorance that will keep repeating itself, until one person makes the decision to love. This is a fault by the teachers of the world and the students. The world is too large for everybody to know each other, so how in possibility would people have the time to earn respect from one another? That is irrational thinking. And it just so happens, that egotistical thinking often can be irrational, that is just the way we are.

It all comes down to love and hate - within our souls. Because every person that does not respect another person, does not want that person to be free within the spirit of their body, mind, and soul. That is why you can say, the person disrespecting people is the one actually suffering, they are suffering so much inside that they are forced to initiate the same suffering in others. Many people disrespect me because they do not want me to feel that I am loved. They want me to feel the opposite - that I am not loved. They want us to feel lonely. They want the world to feel that it is not loved by them.

If they understood spirituality, they would know that love is the gate towards heaven, which is the opposite of hell, which is suffering. Instead they would rather bring you and me down. They do not want to make the choice to feel better - because truth and love is in the light. So this all ends up to be a spiritual answer when finding to root cause. Bringing other people down is an act of darkness. It is an act as if they reject the light, because the light will expose their darkness, and it will expose the truth.

I know people that have done things to treat others better than me, in front of me, as in the opposite of equality, or fairness, or justice. I have seen justice disregarded due the desire of a person's consciousness - meaning that facts did not matter, but the choice of desire ruled over the facts, and this choice of desire happened to revolve around ego, falsehood, and immorality. Even attempts at creating jealousy, in my presence so that I am a witness (if I was not a witness than it would have no effect, so the goal would not be successful).

That is why they say it is important not to fall into their traps, and become negative ourselves, because it is them winning, they are bringing us down to their level of lies, evil, and ignorance. A desire to act on the ignorance of misunderstanding in order to create a negative emotion.

Basically, I am very lonely in my every day attempt to respect people. I see hundreds of people and I am the only one who sticks my head out with a smile to even acknowledge another individual, who then just ignores me. I have had to literally shape my whole life against the traditional view, because I know that I am alone, and other people have gone through this - like friends only come around when you have money. Unfortunately the thought and understanding of the reasoning behind that - is the feeling that leads me to give up and be alone.
edit on 11Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:09:54 -0500America/Chicago14America/ChicagoWed, 29 Oct 2014 23:09:54 -0500 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

The world is too large for everybody to know each other, so how in possibility would people have the time to earn respect from one another?

Personally, thats impossible. Although that doesn't stop some from trying to be the better of attention.

How about giving the ones we do interact with as much respect as possible?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oa reply to: greyer

I logged in 1st time since July, to say thank
you for this post.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This is why the Western monetary system among many other things which cause problems are so pervasive. The only way to fight is to engage in the system. This paradox is the root of nonviolent protest a la MLK/Gandhi.

It's very very hard to fight for good things since the act of fighting negates the good intentions. It's something I struggle with every day
I often preach love and understanding but just as often fall into the trap of hatred, bitterness, anger etc. Human nature and the reality of the world is full of these paradoxical traps.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I do not allow ego predatory behavior in my presence and could not care less if these low level souls suffer from their small mindedness. You cannot fix small mindedness that do not wanna evolve upwards.

Help those who are ready to evolve and help removing suffering on those that behave themselves towards you.

If you do not have any support group that can accept you with kindness if you bring kindness then you are looking in the wrong place. Seek out the higher leveled ones.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Love, compassion, understanding, respect, standing up for one's-self, being oneself, accepting one's self. I find to accept one's self, one does not deem oneself to have any issues, such a content person can focus his attention on his actions as opposed to focusing himself on trying to defend his false-personas.

I find embarrassment to be one of the major hurdles in being ones self, that, and the fear one has if one does not accept what they are. Fear causes us to be defensive or aggressive, when we are not afraid to be whom we are, we remain totally honest, and I believe that honesty is the key to freedom.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Though I appreciate the sentiment involved in what you wrote, I see problems with it in practice.

Largely because we don't all have the same way of communicating our compassion, respect and love, so that often we have misunderstandings about intent!

This is a major problem in romantic relationships between men and women, for example- the gestures a man would make to express care might not be recognized as such by the woman, and vice versa.

I am confronted daily by cultural differences in expression of love or respect, but they also exist on the scale of individuality.

Nothing is simple. Freedom is not what everyone wants, or not in the ways everyone recognizes, at least. In the country I reside in, the people consider telling another what they should do, and what is wrong with them, is considered expressing your care for them. I have great trouble with this. When someone criticizes me, they think they are showing that they are paying attention to me, that they care enough to want me to be/do better.

Friends want me to do the same, and when I do not, they feel I don't care. Lots of time they want freedom from responsibility (that took me a long time to understand). If they make a decision, they want to be able to say, "Someone else told me to do it, it is their fault". Then they feel free of responsibility. It is considered kind to relieve others of that responsibility.

For me, leaving me freedom and responsibility go together, they are two sides of the same coin. But I was not seeing the whole picture. Some people don't want that coin, and they assume you don't either. -That is just an illustration of how I have seen "freedom = love" to not be a static principle you can rely upon in human exchanges. (I still cannot comply to this value system).

"Negativity" is often a way to bond with others- like when people try to establish a "common enemy" with you- if you both are feeling negative about the same thing or same person in the moment, then that weaves a feeling of closeness between you. So behind that negativity is a positive intent.

I am starting to see this is often why people will seem "two faced".... they may talk bad about someone behind their back, only because they are trying to be close to someone else. But they don't really hate that talked about person, and they might not even mean most of what they said- it was just a momentary vehicle for approaching closer to another. Then the things said are forgotten, the goal having been reached.

I am getting carried away in my own struggles with this- I really need to find an outlet for expressing my frustration with culture clashes, sorry to use your thread as an outlet!

The biggest problem here is that respecting a person entails understanding who they are, how they see themselves, and what they will recognize as respect.

It is possible that the gestures you do are not recognized as respectful at all.
It took me YEARS to understand that my habit of smiling at people is seen as suspicious and manipulative by the people around me. Men think I am flirting, and everyone asks themselves, "Why is she doing that? Why is she giving me a compliment, smiling, being so nice? What is it she is trying to get from me??"

This misunderstanding kills me sometimes, and I have moments where I need to cry. If I cannot express what I see as my positive, or good feelings and qualities, I will explode. But I get it out and keep trying. Every once in a while someone gets it and sees I am just different- I am sincere in my smile, and in my compliments and efforts to do things for others. There is nothing behind it.
The backside of that is that then they think I am naive and immature. Here, being mature means knowing that world is a tough place where everyone is out to get you, and being hard enough to swim through that. Being vulnerable is childlike and stupid, and leads to self destruction.

I hope they are wrong. If i ever start to believe that the world is made of psychopaths and narcissists that don't care about anyone else, that will destroy all that I feel is good or beautiful in me. I refuse to buy it. I stand by my perception that if you look deeper, try harder to understand, you can always find that goodness and love in each person, even if it is not evident at first.

The day you start believing you are surrounded by evil, so you shall be.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Just wanted to say your post contained quite a lot of truth. I'm too tired to reply to your points but figured I'd say so before I go to bed. I'll elaborate tomorrow. Great post

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Personally, I do not really think about people, unless of course there was an argument or incident. I also find it difficult to read intent, and as a result, I am not burdened by it. I sometimes have glimmers into the way that I am perceived by others - if I were to fully realise this, it might be a deadly blow to my ego - I get some ideas that I appear awkward and self-absorbed in public. I understand that most others are able to see the way in which people perceive them, and this causes conflicts in their minds, causing them to control and adjust their actions and behaviours in public - whereas I am rather spontaneous in my reactions, and I give them little thought. Communicating to strangers out in the open is problematic as I cannot read their intentions and their reception to me, so I cannot adjust my responses.

It makes meeting new people a major challenge for me, and it does get me down that I am not the sociable type.

edit on 30-10-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor

I find embarrassment to be one of the major hurdles in being ones self, that, and the fear one has if one does not accept what they are. Fear causes us to be defensive or aggressive, when we are not afraid to be whom we are, we remain totally honest, and I believe that honesty is the key to freedom.

Good insight in your post. I am struggling with raising my 13-year-old daughter, in trying to teach her to be her true, good self, instead of the false persona she has created. When she is around me, or her other close family members, she is sweet, loving, funny and kind. She gives me no trouble, other than very minor early-teen stuff. I was looking through her iphone (yes, I am a snoopy mother), and I saw messages to her friends that portray her as this totally different kind of person - a real "badass" who cusses and breaks all the rules, and says stuff that she knows will shock people. I thought, "who IS this person? This is not my daughter!"

Why does she feel the need to be this other not very nice person? I believe she is insecure, and is afraid that other kids will think she is boring. This really scares me, because I am afraid that she will fall into the drugs, sex and rock and roll crowd in order to show everyone how "cool" she is. She hasn't done anything - it's all just talk at this point - so I am struggling with how to handle it. I want to convince her that she doesn't have to be this other person. She shouldn't be afraid to be her true self - that her true self is just as valuable as this other persona, even more so, because she will attract people who will treat her with the respect and kindness she deserves.

Raising a child in this world today and teaching them to make the right choices is a constant struggle. It just isn't the same as when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's. I hate to say the world was simpler then, but I truly think it was.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I understand the perspective you presently view our reality. Try to realize that in the reality in which we exist continual positivity is as destructive as continual negativity. For sustainable growth, all things, even our souls need a cycle of both.

Thus it is our perspective of the negative and its actual existence that provides us the opportunity for growth.

Respecting the negativity of others or rather, accepting the loss it causes you in the absence of agreement to it's occurrence, is what a functional human pre-frontal cortex has evolved to do.

This is of course in direct conflict to what our subconscious has evolved to do which is to protect us from loss, thus your isolation (and the isolation of many others like yourself) due to your present struggle with your own subconscious reactions.

Our subconscious justifiably tries to blame the actions of others yet in truth it is it's own reactions.

Accepting that our own two minds are in a state of conflict with each other is for many the first step on their path to illumination.

May your experiences be filled with questions you find joy in answering.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Kaylaluv, Trying to suppress this 'other persona' your daughter's subconscious has created in order to protect her when not in an adult presence will only result in it perceiving you as a threat that must be rejected. Sadly many young women are experiencing this globally.

The solution is reasonable acceptance. Of course you don't agree with all it's justified actions to present a perspective to others that your daughter should not be considered a target, yet in order to achieve a long term relationship of trust and reassurance you do need to accept it.

Think of it this way, why would your daughters self protective mind create this "persona".

The goal or solution is to be a guide rather than a prison warden.

Start a conversation with, I respect that you present yourself as someone not to be trifled with, I found this helpful when I was young, I just had to ensure I could disengage it when it become unreasonably aggressive.

Sadly few parents help their children learn the necessary self conscious capacity to disengage their subconscious reactions.

Good Luck...

edit on th1414662199446CDT-0500-05:001AM by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Basically, I am very lonely in my every day attempt to respect people. I see hundreds of people and I am the only one who sticks my head out with a smile to even acknowledge another individual, who then just ignores me. I have had to literally shape my whole life against the traditional view, because I know that I am alone, and other people have gone through this - like friends only come around when you have money. Unfortunately the thought and understanding of the reasoning behind that - is the feeling that leads me to give up and be alone.

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

you're probably still dealing with "worldly" people (to borrow from the christian vernacular)
they will most likely drain you of anything you seem to have
but you know that already, don't you?
and that's ok..
..because what we're 'people like us' seem to ultimately be searching for is not a thing of this earth

..remember?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Hello greyer, and May Peace be with you. Please don't forget that you never were, never are, and never will be alone; All is interconnected. Wonderful op.

We, as a collective, must realize that evil and negativity are beyond [scientific] "human nature," and beyond the [religious] belief that, "we are all natural born sinners."

The truth of the matter is, all of our inner and outward cultivations of evil and negativity are conscious and subconscious choices. Most cultures and religions have, or have had, coming-of-age recognitions, milestones, or traditions. It is during this period of time when all excuses of evil and negativity are worth naught, and we become fully and intimately responsible for all of our emotions, thoughts, words, and actions.

The kind and quality of conscious choices we make go on to shape and influence our subconscious and "automatic" choices. It is very important that we take hold of our own conscious minds.

In John 8:1-11, Jesus said, "Go now and leave your life of sin.” He would not have given such a command if it were deemed impossible. In this saying, Jesus is endorsing the concept that sin is a choice.

Shakyamuni Buddha's teachings of mindfulness are a fantastic methodology in transcending evil and negativity within one's self. As often as we can remember, we must be ever so mindful of our own emotions, thoughts, intentions, words, actions, and choices. This is a moment-to-moment practice. Mindfulness of the self is a discipline and practice that is of the utmost importance.

Beyond inner cultivation, our interactions with others is very important. Love, respect, helping, caring, and sharing are amongst the greatest of qualities. We get back what we put out. When we feel good inside, we influence others to feel good. When we do good to others, we feel good ourselves. Although there are other mechanisms at work, mirror neurons play a natural part in this.

Beyond intellectually striving to do good and positive unto others, it becomes intrinsic and natural once we deeply realize that others are self, and vice-versa.

We must strive to accept others for who and what they are, even when we deem them wrong, negative, or evil. Like a mirror, very often, our minds focus on the particular flaws or shortcomings of others, that we, ourselves, are struggling against. Very often, it is our own egotism that defends the flaw in our own self by "believing" that "others" are flawed and need our "superior" help. By focusing on the flaws or shortcomings of others, we play into ego's game. This is why Jesus said to "take the plank out of your own eye."

Help is "help," when it is asked for or wanted. When "help" is not asked for or wanted, it may be our own egos deflecting our own flaws by focusing awareness on others. Be mindful, be aware, beware.

Although, on several levels "good" and "evil" are relative and subjective, it is of the greatest benefit to one's own self and to all of existence to cultivate Love, Peace, and Happiness within,... and to freely share Love, Respect, Kindness, and Compassion to the outside.

“I salute the light within your eyes, where the whole universe dwells. For when you are at that center within you and I am at that place within me, we shall be one."

- Crazy Horse (Oglala Lakota Leader)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Yes, absolutely - I don't want her to see me as the prison warden. I want her to see me as her loving, "wise" adviser. I don't want her to be afraid to come to me, thinking I will get angry or be disappointed in her. But, I still need to be some figure of authority to her at the same time. A Mother, not just a "bff". It's a difficult balancing act, to say the least.

I don't even mind the cursing, or the genitalia jokes - that's pretty common middle school stuff. What bothers me is when she says stuff like, "I almost stole something from the store in the mall today." Do I really think she was going to steal something? No, I think she just says things like that to impress. I'm just afraid that someone will egg her on and dare her, so she will feel like she has to carry through on it. Not something I want her to get started.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Are you sure that you "can't" read intentions in others, or could it be that somehow you have chosen not to?
I mean, you give a pretty clear reason why not to (which I understand), which makes me think it might not be a handicap so much as a choice......

I say this because it really sounds like something I perceive in many other people, most specifically men.
The men I love and who are closest to me- so it is not seen by me as something "bad"- I get it.
But they have a certain reluctance to "seeing themselves through the eyes of others" out of fear of what it will reveal, and out of a desire to feel secure in their trajectory in life, without being distracted or thrown off course by exterior events or opinions.

In ones own head, without the input of others, anyone can be a genius or a warrior..... that is not mocking, I say it with compassion.

It can be difficult to merge worlds, I obviously find it incredibly challenging.

But you know the story of Pinocchio, and becoming a real boy? I think that carries a deeper moral about the voyage we can choose to undertake, to make our internal ideas of ourselves real- as in confirmed and acknowledged by the exterior and others... manifested, in action. No longer a hidden potential.

It is full of challenges obstacles, distractions, even traps... but honestly? It is still worth it.

I guess I could be criticized for ranting at times about the new situations, activities, and people I get myself involved with, that are sources of confusion and frustration as I learn how they work. But I still feel that learning and growing entails some discomfort, no matter what your age, but is always worth it in the long run.

Being too rigid can have it's pitfalls in the long run too. But that is just my opinion, which isn't worth much when it comes to your life and choices! Cheers!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Personally, thats impossible. Although that doesn't stop some from trying to be the better of attention.

How about giving the ones we do interact with as much respect as possible?

I think this is a powerful, if not the best, great answer, and very intelligent.

There are a couple people that see I am fighting to keep doing things positive, and it is the most important to just focus and interact with them, giving them more and more respect.

It actually goes into something that I have been trying since I wrote the post. If I avoid the people that seem to want get me into the trap, it makes them want to get me even more, and they go further out of their way to do so. But yet if a person continually tries to provoke our emotions either unintentionally or half consciously than there is nothing else to do but avoid them.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: misschareesee2
Oa reply to: greyer

I logged in 1st time since July, to say thank
you for this post.

Hey thank you, to know that another person has experienced some of the same strange things is empowering and meaningful, to know that we are not alone.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
Love, compassion, understanding, respect, standing up for one's-self, being oneself, accepting one's self. I find to accept one's self, one does not deem oneself to have any issues, such a content person can focus his attention on his actions as opposed to focusing himself on trying to defend his false-personas.

This has a lot of meaning, and some of it can be related to the points of LittleByLittle's post. I have to take a look at the emotions I am feeling before I judge the actions of another person. I cannot ever forget this. Out of paranoia, I can misunderstand why they are acting. Most people will not feel the emotions I am feeling. Is it because they are more stable, and they love themselves more? I would disagree because I will tell you the deep truth of why, these are the deep truths that we cannot communicate to each other in reality - it is the amount that I want love, for which I feel the lack of. An example is a person who wants their girlfriend or boyfriend back. So it appears that they don't love themselves as much - because they don't desire love as much, as if they didn't know what strong and pure love was, or even unconditional love in this case. So much of communication between every day people has some kind of root in love, and this is why I see these counter effects, summarizing it as evil. As if this was a paradox, the more I love and accept myself the less emotion struggle exists inside of my soul - even if there is nobody to save me. The reason why we say 'to save' is because to love and to cure a spirit, it is deeply important. My whole struggle is seeing that people choose to walk down the other path, a path of excitement for the ego, and not healing of soul, as for the roots of what they are.

Your words are very wise, and my example is that a group of people were talking with me, things were going great, but when somebody that obviously didn't like me came into the group, everybody went silent, and there was no more of a chance to enjoy ourselves in communication. The root cause for us to stop talking was because of fear. The fear exists because our soul, or mind, needs to be accepted and loved in order to communicate positively with others. The fear knows that there is nothing to be said that can change a person's opinion of hate to love, or of not respecting to respecting.

Now this honesty between ones self that allows us to communicate who were are freely, it is a secret, and not many people know it. I do not even know the complete secret. I know some people have more personality than others. I know some communicate better than others. But to be ones self freely, which is something that I could not encourage more, and is something that these same people I am writing against want to keep us from in every egotistical wrong bad judgmental thought that enters their mind, I believe has to do with the amount of Dopamine is being chemically released in the brain. Certain nuero-chemicals make us sleepy, some like Dopamine make us feel awake, but it is not awake like a stimulant, it is awake like you just read a book, awake in the mind, it is something we produce naturally.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Nothing is simple. Freedom is not what everyone wants, or not in the ways everyone recognizes, at least. In the country I reside in, the people consider telling another what they should do, and what is wrong with them, is considered expressing your care for them. I have great trouble with this. When someone criticizes me, they think they are showing that they are paying attention to me, that they care enough to want me to be/do better.

I agree that nothing is simple, and that there is a thin line between right and wrong, but I want to make extremely clear that even though the line is blurred, there still is a line separating what is right from wrong. Now if a person argues what is right and what is wrong, go back to all of their knowledge, what teachers have they, what religions, what books have they read, and I would bet that at some point in time somebody has lied to this person. Meaning that at least one thing they belief is from being told a lie, which means they are misinformed.

So I entirely agree that people see things in different ways, but those same people will not describe to you the reasons for why they believe in those. In fact it is form the root, stubbornness. They perceive what is right or wrong based on what they have learned, and they refuse to look at another form of perception. It is easy to tell the difference - one person is open and communicates in words that the truth could be one of two ways, another person is closed and communicates they are not open to looking into any other forms of perception, because the perception they have is the right perception. Well, unfortunately that is an attribute of the human ego, and all the stubborn nonsense proves is that they are small minded egotistical people.

In your example, of when people criticize each other, I cannot think of another example that provides how thin the line is between right and wrong. It brings us back to the discussion of respect. Respect is being considerate of a person's emotions. Most people that criticize are not considering a person's emotions or they would give more positive feedback than negative, and the negative would still be put in a positive context. Showing attention can be a part of the trap they set.

Friends want me to do the same, and when I do not, they feel I don't care. Lots of time they want freedom from responsibility (that took me a long time to understand). If they make a decision, they want to be able to say, "Someone else told me to do it, it is their fault". Then they feel free of responsibility. It is considered kind to relieve others of that responsibility.

Yes, and it still saddens me that the friends I lost only left because I didn't spend as much time with them as they wanted me to. It is a pitiful fact of my past and a thing of the devil, because no righteous person would think like that and leave their friends because they couldn't be there every day.

"Negativity" is often a way to bond with others- like when people try to establish a "common enemy" with you- if you both are feeling negative about the same thing or same person in the moment, then that weaves a feeling of closeness between you. So behind that negativity is a positive intent.

That is not correct. In that case it would be you and them verse me, because those things do happen to me, and I would not ever be a part of something like that, though yes it has happened to me many times. In fact people have come together to make up something fake and negative about me because they couldn't find anything truthful. How bad does that hurt? When people won't let you be yourself so much that they make up things about you and talk about you behind your back, just because you didn't do anything negative?

I am starting to see this is often why people will seem "two faced".... they may talk bad about someone behind their back, only because they are trying to be close to someone else. But they don't really hate that talked about person, and they might not even mean most of what they said- it was just a momentary vehicle for approaching closer to another. Then the things said are forgotten, the goal having been reached.

I am getting carried away in my own struggles with this- I really need to find an outlet for expressing my frustration with culture clashes, sorry to use your thread as an outlet!

The biggest problem here is that respecting a person entails understanding who they are, how they see themselves, and what they will recognize as respect.

Hopefully you start to not be the people I am talking about then.

It is possible that the gestures you do are not recognized as respectful at all.
It took me YEARS to understand that my habit of smiling at people is seen as suspicious and manipulative by the people around me. Men think I am flirting, and everyone asks themselves, "Why is she doing that? Why is she giving me a compliment, smiling, being so nice? What is it she is trying to get from me??"

When in all this writing did I ever say I did a gesture? See this is where people start making things up to hold their side of the argument. Do you know how much that happens also? Every day people make up alternative ideas that have nothing to do with the truth of who we are to support an argument. It is another aspect of not letting your spirit be free. It goes back to the OP, you want us to feel that we are not cared for, and will go to any lengths in order to enforce that.

I hope they are wrong. If i ever start to believe that the world is made of psychopaths and narcissists that don't care about anyone else, that will destroy all that I feel is good or beautiful in me. I refuse to buy it. I stand by my perception that if you look deeper, try harder to understand, you can always find that goodness and love in each person, even if it is not evident at first.

Now you are starting to peak at the view of why I wrote this. Nobody Knows This Fact. I have been shredded from the inside of my soul by hundreds, and hundreds of people, for many years, all because I AM ME!

The day you start believing you are surrounded by evil, so you shall be.

This is also typical of the egotistical level of consciousness that creates the thoughts within the mind - argue and at the end they will say something that contradicts what you started the argument by, or even the discussion as it doesn't have to be an argument. That is a tactical verbal attack that is given nonchalantly as if it were right but in truth it is despicable so I don't know how it can be brushed off as if it were unconscious.

This is the ego's way of saying "Your words don't mean anything to me, I forget them right when you say them, so in the end I am just arguing with you to take your positive energy and force you to start producing negative energy, so that you can be more like me and less righteous, and that I can have some type of control over you."

It is like you are saying "If you can see it like the leaf of a tree, but do not believe it exists."
edit on 11Fri, 31 Oct 2014 23:01:50 -0500America/Chicago14America/ChicagoFri, 31 Oct 2014 23:01:50 -0500 by greyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join