It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Damn nap!

a reply to: drwill

I don't see anything about the room mate, but wow. If true, wonder where that made up room mate came from and if they will be bringing that person back.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Lol now that's a cartoon

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Which part was too much?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Its not something to be taken lightly , all it takes is someone dropping the ball..like it has been dropped..very lucky at this point. You obviously have no idea what exponential means.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reverse psychology....This is what is happening.

The Federal government wants/needs more authority than it currently has. How do they go about getting that?

Well, how did the Patriot Act get accepted? Think about it. Americans practically begged for it (and now we regret it mostly).

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
All I know is if everyone cared so much about Ebola, why didn't we do the one thing guaranteed to stop it? Stop it in West Africa. Oh wait Americans don't care about anyone but themselves. Screw Africa. Shut down the borders. It's not like we rely on trade for everything now.

Point is, if it becomes a true pandemic we are screwed already. We can't survive in isolation. If it gets truly bad it will spread to Asia and Europe no matter what they do. If it spreads outside Africa it will come here, whether by air, sea, or land. So how about we don't disincentivize the only Americans willing to help from working to save us. It's not like any of you are gonna fight Ebola. You'll just cower at home waiting to die.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Interestingly, it seems geared that way, once learning of Ms. Hickox true background and links to the CDC, then she been an agent from a CDC side that even I had no clue existed before, I say that she is a PR to challenge states on their decisions about rules and guidelines.

The more people comes back challenging the quarantine the more fuel will be for the Federal government to take matters in their own hands

Now, time will tell if this means more restrictions at federal level or just squashing the states free will.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I agree, sadly we will find the true about what is hiding behind ebola and the government soon enough.

I predict by Jan 2015, when the first batch of vaccines for the regular population are ready.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
CNN just said that the nurse's roommate in W.Africa contracted Ebola...and doesn't have a clue how she was infected!
An order for mandatory quarantine has been filed by Maine against Nurse Kaci. In a sworn affidavit, the Maine CDC stated the above.
The Maine CDC tried to contact Kaci as she was on her way from NY to Maine, and Kaci did not return the call.
Apparently Kaci did treat patients who were "very sick."

Source: CNN Live
and
article.wn.com...

Just found this.

In court filing, state of Maine says it believes Kaci Hickox's roommate in Africa tested positive for Ebola without knowing how she came into contact with virus, but any risk to Hickox from that incident has passed - @MarnieNECN

edit on 31-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Well perhaps the CDC air ambulance is in route to bring this American health care worker back to the US now that she is showing symptoms of sickness, this is going to be very interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Now, time will tell if this means more restrictions at federal level or just squashing the states free will.

This one.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Your point about getting the hired help to help in the situation is valid. I just think why add to the risk already there and with the mistakes made. 1st thing I said when this started was stop all travel withing 500m of the affected areas..especially international.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
CNN just said that the nurse's roommate in W.Africa contracted Ebola...and doesn't have a clue how she was infected!
An order for mandatory quarantine has been filed by Maine against Nurse Kaci. In a sworn affidavit, the Maine CDC stated the above.
The Maine CDC tried to contact Kaci as she was on her way from NY to Maine, and Kaci did not return the call.
Apparently Kaci did treat patients who were "very sick."

Source: CNN Live
and
article.wn.com...

If CDC Nurse Kaci's roommate got Ebola, then it's imperative that she be FULLY QUARANTINED. Absolutely NO joyrides on her bike throughout town. No takeaway pizza or other food delivered unless it can be done w/o any human contact whatsoever (i.e. pay for it by credit card over the phone and drop it off at the door). And not just for 21 days. 42 days at least.

Does anyone know if the judge can change his order? She shouldn't be outside at all, nor should her boyfriend.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That won't help. It's impossible to quarantine entire nations and attempting to just drives people underground. We can't keep our own border with mexico secure and you want to quarantine a quarter of Africa? This is just short sighted and silly. Americans love over the top overreactions to perceived threat. This kind of thinking got us into the deplorable state of our country now.

Ever since 9/11 the whole country just freaks out over everything and anything. Well not everything. We're totally fine with the government and corporations surveiling us constantly and the police brutality and incarceration rates that make us worse than most dictatorships. Everything stupid though has us terrified. Most Americans deserve everything they have coming.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Recent CNN: www.cnn.com...

Governor: She is 'not acting as smart'
The governor said venturing away from her house jeopardizes her safety.
"The reason there's a police car there when she does that is to protect her, more than anybody. 'Cause the last thing I want is for her to get hurt," he said. "But at the same token, her behavior is really riling a lot of people up, and I can only do what I can do. And we're trying to protect her, but she's not acting as smart as she probably should."

She ought to be paying for the extra trooper shifts and the court costs.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There are plenty of us here that are HCWs. Speaking only for myself, I am concerned because I have seen even the most experienced HCW make a mistake. Mistakes happen and to pretend they don't is just sticking your head in the sand. Please back off the "Americans don't care about Africans" rhetoric. We do care but not all of us have the resources to drop everything and volunteer. As for who will be fighting Ebola, I'm guessing if things go sideways, the very people you are accusing of being uncaring will be on the front lines by their own choice. There are a few of us that still see someone needing help, and we stop and help. Cowering at home waiting to die? Maybe you are projecting.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I was starting to wonder if I'd dreamed it, but news about the roomie is all over Twitter.

twitter.com...

edit on 31-10-2014 by drwill because: forgot link

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It is not impossible considering many nations are the size of, say, US cities or states.

Nothing impossible about it.

We assign power to the words...like stigma and pariah...to this and people will freak. We treat it at a medical necessity with clear communications and they will be less likely to. Ignorance is typically what "drives people underground" or fear.

This is a good article too: How (and How Not) to Battle Flu: A Tale of 23 Cities

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

You didn't dream it! Great catch. Seriously. Now am going back to your thread on this

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Could the news about the roommate be a game changer?

P.S. You know what? I take it back about that Maine Halloween candy. :-) I would just eat the stuff that's wrapped, like Reeses Cups.

edit on 31-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join