It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Ebola says...."We're not in Africa(tropical) any more!"

edit on bu312014-10-28T09:28:20-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 09:28:20 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I just got the worst mental image of someone sneezing as they walk out of a store, the water droplet landing on the glass door, then a child coming along and pressing their face up against that glass as they look out at the snow impatiently waiting their mother to finish shopping with her coupons...

what a friggen nightmare.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

I just got the worst mental image of someone sneezing as they walk out of a store, the water droplet landing on the glass door, then a child coming along and pressing their face up against that glass as they look out at the snow impatiently waiting their mother to finish shopping with her coupons...

what a friggen nightmare.

Amen.
I was always slightly horrified to look down at my children (when they were slightly younger) and see them pressing their lips onto a counter edge or a grocery cart handle!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
• Dr Craig Spencer is said to be 'looking better' after a good night's sleep
• Medics treating him say his condition in hospital is still 'serious but stable'
• He was diagnosed with Ebola virus following aid work in Guinea, West Africa
• He has been given blood from nurse Nancy Writebol who survived disease

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... l

Not much being said about the DR at this time. This was the latest update that I seen on google.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Australia issues blanket ban on visas for travelers from nations affected by Ebola outbreak - @Reuters

16 hours later...............

Sierra Leone condemns Australia's decision to suspend entry visas for people from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa as 'counterproductive' and 'discriminatory' - @BBCNews

Australia protecting their own and they are condemned by Sierra Leone of all places.

I applaud Australia for doing what they believe is necessary to protect Australian people.

edit on 28-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Father of a Connecticut 3rd-grader has sued local schools, saying daughter was discriminated against and banned from school based on fears of Ebola because she attended a wedding in Nigeria - @Reuters

I've got an idea!

How about not sending your 3rd-grade daughter into an Ebola infected country!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Komodo

From everything I've read, yes. See number 4 at this link particular. This is pretty much the standard answer.

well..

what I was refering to was the congressional investigation into this virus which are questioning the 3 experts in the field if the virus can live on a surface and how long .. j

they

don't

know..there is no data on this yet.....

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Right. They mostly discussed buses

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Right. They mostly discussed buses

ha ha ... right ...

and they still don't know ...like a surface is different on a bus than it would be than any other normal surface like that of a ...car? !!!

trying to find the logic in all of this.. and if the experts don't have an answer....then we're ********** LOL...pretty much ..just say'n ..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Australia issues blanket ban on visas for travelers from nations affected by Ebola outbreak - @Reuters

16 hours later...............

Sierra Leone condemns Australia's decision to suspend entry visas for people from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa as 'counterproductive' and 'discriminatory' - @BBCNews

Australia protecting their own and they are condemned by Sierra Leone of all places.

I applaud Australia for doing what they believe is necessary to protect Australian people.

Ooooo sticks and stones may break Aussies bones but at least EBOLA wont kill them!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So they released Amber Vinson yesterday. Another very healthy-looking woman after contracting a deadly disease. If I even so much as catch the flu I lose several pounds and none of these Ebola survivors look like they've lost any kind of weight at all. Isn't one of the symptoms severe weight loss? The only one I think who lost weight and looked a little ill was Kent Brantley and he was the first patient. What gives?

I wonder what Dr. Spencer will look like when he survives and is released. BTW...Any updates on him?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

She has been hospital recovering. She hasn't cleared ebola from her system and then the next day been kicked out.
Weight loss is reported in evd patients however this is weight that is lost in fluids, ive known of patients loosing 15-20 litres/kilos of fluid a day but so long as that is been replaced by intake of fluids there wouldn't be any noticeable loss especially once they stop vomiting etc
She has been recovering for probably a longer than a week now. Im sure she looked terrible during the worse stages of her illness but its nothing permanent.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4rcyJones

She has been hospital recovering. She hasn't cleared ebola from her system and then the next day been kicked out.

Weight loss is reported in evd patients however this is weight that is lost in fluids, ive known of patients loosing 15-20 litres/kilos of fluid a day but so long as that is been replaced by intake of fluids there wouldn't be any noticeable loss especially once they stop vomiting etc

She has been recovering for probably a longer than a week now. Im sure she looked terrible during the worse stages of her illness but its nothing permanent.

That's a good point, thanks. And Kent Brantley was far more sick than Amber Vinson.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here's an update on the NY Dr. Ebola patient:

www.nypost.com...

It seems he lied about his escapade throughout the city and only came clean when the police looked at his MetroCard. How many other potential Ebola cases are going to act the same way?!
edit on 29-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There are conflicting stories about how sick who was. And yes. they pretty much are "cleared of ebola" and released a few days later. At least that's how it seems. At least from what they actually TELL us and when.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Nice find.
From your source:

“He told the authorities that he self-quarantined. Detectives then reviewed his credit-card statement and MetroCard and found that he went over here, over there, up and down and all around,” a source said.

Some members have been extolling the virtues of the medical community and their knowledge and ability to 'self quarantine'.
So much for that idea.
They not only make bad decisions.... but they lie about it afterwards.
More evidence in favor of mandatory monitoring and quarantine.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Nice find.
From your source:

“He told the authorities that he self-quarantined. Detectives then reviewed his credit-card statement and MetroCard and found that he went over here, over there, up and down and all around,” a source said.

Some members have been extolling the virtues of the medical community and their knowledge and ability to 'self quarantine'.
So much for that idea.
They not only make bad decisions.... but they lie about it afterwards.
More evidence in favor of mandatory monitoring and quarantine.

Amen to the mandatory quarantine....esp. for that CDC nurse from Maine who insists she will not abide by the rules.

As for Dr. Spencer, should he recover (I hope that he will), he should be charged for giving the police false information. And, if infected people turn up in NYC that can be traced back to him, he should be charged for that as well.

What arrogance! And his family wonders why he's getting so much criticism!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Nice find.
From your source:

Obama wants to treat non-citizens with Ebola. $300k cost per person.
www.dmldaily.com...

Now Obama wants to bring all of the sick to the US?

This is just now leaking out that he lied and they did not discover it until they looked at his credit cards.
Wonder how many other places and people he visited that the credit card did not reveal?
A DR of all people, who should know how dangerous this disease is would put others at risk!
This story just continues to reek of fish rot.

Now we have a nurse who is refusing to self quarantine.
Why aren't these health workers taking any of this serious.
Seems they continue to change stories such as DR willing told them his whereabouts to lying until they discovered it on his credit card.
This is all so messed up in so many ways.

edit on 29-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So Obama just held a press conference thanking all the healthcare workers for their dedication in fighting the disease in the three infected nations. He hails these workers as "heroes" and deserve that gratitude. It felt like he was telling us citizens "shame on you for criticizing them!"

I don't have a problem with feeling gratitude toward the doctors and nurses who treat Ebola. In my mind they ARE heroes for fighting such a deadly disease that they might possibly get themelves but my issue isn't with that at all. It's when they pitch a fit for being under a mandatory quarantine that they become 'selfish and unreasonable'.

How can they be upset with a mandatory quarantine when it's proven that they can develop Ebola after a week of being home? How can they be upset with a quarantine when the actions of Ebola-infected nurses and doctors (like Craig Spencer) go out on the town, take subways, fly to another city and eat in public at restaurants, thereby shutting down some of these places to disinfect and clean so that the terrified public might come back? How much money do businesses have to lose before these nurses and doctors realize it was because of their own irresponsible actions?

Dr. Spencer LIED to authorities about showing symptoms before hospitalization. How many more are we going to encounter before they have to admit being quarantined is the only way to go?
edit on 29-10-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

edit on 29-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And there are two phrases I'm getting really tired of hearing:

"Abundance of Caution" and "Based on Science".

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join