It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Along with the fact that children are prone to dehydrate quickly and are more vulnerable than adults with any type of illness that results in the loss of bodily fluids.

The results on this little guy are taking way to long.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Bad feelings all around. I think they are freaking because it's going to be hard to play CYA with a 5 year old child. The S is really going to HTF with parents all over America.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
CNN says Negative

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I agree with you. I have CNN on now and it seems they are just dragging his results out and just keep saying "any minute now" for the last 2 hours.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
CNN says Negative

Thank God.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Thank God. I pray it stays that way. 25% of me is still skeptical because of the constant changes in the story

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

I agree.

I really hope they are being honest.

Anyway back to the original topic I suppose.

Have we heard anything about Spencer today?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What IS the mortality rate in children?

God when will THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION wake up!???????

I don't know when the administration will wake up, but I did happen to run across this which may answer your first question:

The overall case-fatality proportion in the current outbreak is estimated at 70.8%, including 73.4% in children younger than 15 years, 66.1% for those aged 15 to 44 years, and 80.4% for those older than 44 years.4 

Ebola Virus Disease and Children: What Pediatric Health Care Professionals Need to Know
edit on 27-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Only thing I saw was a story or two about the company that cleaned his apartment with brushes
and how his fiance is back home and showing no signs.

Let's hope if he really has ebola (skepticism) that Writebol's blood and whatever other magical serums he is getting turn the corner for him.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall

CNN says Negative

Thank God.

Yes, this is great news! But I have to admit I am really surprised, especially with the way the media played it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical as well. I think b/c it took so long to results.

New York hospital to keep 5-year-old boy in isolation after testing negative for Ebola until further tests completed out of 'abundance of caution'

Just hoping the little guy will be ok.

edit on 27-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Why would they hold a 5 year old in isolation when he's tested negative? Has anyone heard why they thought this could be Ebola in the first place? And what I'm asking is...was there some factor other than him running a raging fever and being sick??? Had he been out of country or had some of his family? I don't get why they would say they are keeping him in isolation when he's tested negative. Is every little puking kid with a fever going to be held in isolation?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
The overall case-fatality proportion in the current outbreak is estimated at 70.8%, including 73.4% in children younger than 15 years, 66.1% for those aged 15 to 44 years, and 80.4% for those older than 44 years.4

Great find, I did not find it with my search. But I am glad that the child is reported as Negative!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Why would they hold a 5 year old in isolation when he's tested negative? Has anyone heard why they thought this could be Ebola in the first place? And what I'm asking is...was there some factor other than him running a raging fever and being sick??? Had he been out of country or had some of his family? I don't get why they would say they are keeping him in isolation when he's tested negative. Is every little puking kid with a fever going to be held in isolation?

Maybe the need to retest again in another day or two? He had recently returned from Africa with his parents. Maybe they are not sure of the test results. Does seem strange. Although I am not so sure I believe this story if he is still in isolation.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

He had been in Guinea for a month, Val. Returned on Saturday.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

He's being held in isolation pending further test results.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

CNN says Negative

CNN with Anderson Cooper is saying they are running more tests on the 5 yr old to ensure he does NOT have Ebola and does not develop Ebola eventually. That is why he is still under isolation at Bellevue. (It's possible his infection rate is too low to test for Ebola so they're letting it build a little to test it again when they can get a better result.)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The little boy had just returned from one of the most Ebola-stricken countries in the world and developed a fever, along with vomiting. He had been in Guinea a full month, plenty of time to have picked up Ebola.

Thank goodness he tested positive, though!

Anyone else know what other diseases, besides Malaria, are in Guinea?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Potential Ebola patient transferred to Maryland hospital. No other information yet.

Source

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

CNN says Negative

CNN with Anderson Cooper is saying they are running more tests on the 5 yr old to ensure he does NOT have Ebola and does not develop Ebola eventually. That is why he is still under isolation at Bellevue. (It's possible his infection rate is too low to test for Ebola so they're letting it build a little to test it again when they can get a better result.)

I wonder if it is harder to test a child for Ebola? I don't have kids so I really don't know!

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join