It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whatcomesnext130

I am more worried about the non health care people that these health care workers have come in contact with. If it gets out of that hospital we are done.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones
considering how deadly this is they should quarantine all these people for 60 days to be sure.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick
WARNING!!!!
http://_national_report_dot_net_/texas-town-quarantined-family-five-test-positive-ebola-virus/

The entire town of Purden, Texas is under quarantine. The military has moved in and is dividing the towns people into sects.

I thought this was a hoax?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

it was. people havent figured out that is a satirical news site yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I thought yesterday was eerily quiet on the front.

I bet we have tomorrow with no new news, then Friday we get another infected worker.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: ~Lucidity

CNN posted first in an interview with the family pastor, also the mother said that she was able to talk to her daughter Pham the nurse that is now been treated for ebola via video chat.

The mother said that her daughter was in good spirits.

What? And she couldn't do a video chat with Anderson Cooper while he was in Dallas? He had to settle with talking to her pastor?

And why was the other daughter saying they didn't have tv or internet access, only a phone?

They need to get their stories straight.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I thought yesterday was eerily quiet on the front.

I bet we have tomorrow with no new news, then Friday we get another infected worker.

Yes. Or two more. They will gradually get us used to seeing new cases pop up until it isn't news any more.
It wouldn't do at all to post three new cases at once.
That might alert people to what is happening.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly

it was. people havent figured out that is a satirical news site yet.

You've gotta love the story that follows in their playlist. I was soooo tempted to start an independent thread with this.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

At least 1000 cases in the Dallas area by the end of November.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Texas girl, Pham is the nurse. She is skyping her mom.

There has been no info on the Family in quarantine. Daughter said there is no internet, but Jeffrey Cole gas been posting videos on his Facebook. Someone made contact with him yesterday. You can find that conversation in the thread about the family.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I posted the link on the interview, I had no idea that other stories are circulating on Nurse Pham right now,

I had to catch up with that, thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

Fox posted yesterday information on the Dunca family,

Family that lived with Texas Ebola victim showing no symptoms, mayor says

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Navarro County officials issued the following news release calling the report untrue:
"A release today on at least one website, National Report, stated that “The small town of Purdon, Texas has been quarantined after a family of five tested positive for the Ebola virus.”
"This report is entirely false."

Source here

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru

Texas girl, Pham is the nurse. She is skyping her mom.

There has been no info on the Family in quarantine. Daughter said there is no internet, but Jeffrey Cole gas been posting videos on his Facebook. Someone made contact with him yesterday. You can find that conversation in the thread about the family.

OH, sorry!! I misread that post. Too many posts with links, long paragraphs, names...I'm getting too confused.

I was connecting the pastor with the Duncan family, sorry

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
And if I've posted something that doesn't fit with a thread I apologize. I can't keep up with all the threads I've posted in and can't remember what I've said in each thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I have done the same thing. Especially when there were two Jallah daughters. Keeping each one's account separate wasn't easy.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I know. Same here... So many threads, so little tracking tools, IMO. You can subscribe to threads, but that doesn't help track specific posts, AFAIK. Subscribed threads will not track how far you have read in any specific thread either. It seems that part is up to the reader (ATS bookmark anyone?).
edit on 15/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Can't the mods combine all the threads into a superthread?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

You can never be 100% sure unfortunately there will always be outliers. If you extended it to 60 days thats almost 3 times the current amount that you have resources tied up monitoring a tiny amount of people who most likely dont have anything wrong.
Balancing risk and resources is a difficult and thankless job, the media doesnt report on the countless hours people spend in meeting debating these issues.
Consider that rabies is a virus that if you get you will die, there has only ever been something like 8 survivors reported in the world yet 100s of thousands of people get treatment every year. Most rabies > 95% i think develop symptoms within 4months of exposure (once you develop symptoms youve got about a week left until you're dead) there is effective prophylaxis however it must be given before onset of symptoms. If you were bitten by a dog but just ignored it then happened to mention it to a gp 6month later you probably wouldn't be recommended to receive treatment, yes there is a chance that youre one of the people that incubated for longer but the chance is low and resources can be better spent.
A 60 quarantine wont help.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Headline: Obama: CDC 'SWAT' teams will combat Ebola

Obama said the CDC would deploy new SWAT teams within 24 hours to any hospital with an infected patient. He also promised that the federal government would review contacts made by infected people before they showed symptoms.

Article and video here

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join