It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food stamps coming to the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I think they are going about this the wrong way, the cards should be issued to certain individuals and not force it onto everyone.

I am ashamed to say im on job seekers benefits myself and I hate being unemployed, I feel like im begging for scraps from the tax payer.

I was made redundant, and I will not lie jobs do come up every week but there are so many people applying for these jobs the chances of getting one are slim, I was at a recruitment day at a hotel last week where 3 house keeper jobs where avalible, there must have been over 100 people there, the que for an interview was out the door and up the street.

I don't drink, smoke or gamble myself exept from the occasional lottery ticket once in a while.
When im the the dole office I can see some people are clearly drug addicts and alcoholics, these are the people who should be issued a card, it's degrading treating everone like a child.

I would be embarrassed handing over one of those cards at the supermarket.

Its not shameful to have been made redundant ands its not shameful to draw the dole.

I have to live on benefits due to lung cancer which i got in early 2012 now having part of my left lung removed and bottom right lobe removed i cant even walk to the front door with out it feeling like i have run a marathon.

IDS is a CLINT i had to wait 2yrs 2months before i was put on esa because of the so called backlog and ATOS saying that lung cancer does not stop you from working(well it does if your trade is a carpenter and no one will employ you because of cancer).

These smart cards will cost the government millions in losses and hardship payments when people turn round and say ive lost mine/it got robbed when really they have sold them for cash and bought the drugs/booze.IDS is as thick as 2 short planks only have to look at his new benefit reforms that has cost the Tax payer 10s of millions of pounds 2yrs behind or is it 3yrs cant remember.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

LOL Ive thought about it briefly.

You would be disgusted by the amount of lazy ass bums Ive meet around SE Asia who dont do anything and rely on either welfare or disability pensions to support themselves and their Thai or Filo wife and wives family.

A few hundred bucks goes along way in Asia

P.s After eating rice with pretty much every meal for the last 5 years a massive serve of potato in any form is like heaven.
P.p.s Interesting but off topic fact, The word for food/eat is the same word for rice in quite a few SE Asian languages and in Thailand and Laos the word for potato is farang which is also what they call white people

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't believe in any abuse of poor or handicapped, all have sovereignity and can make their own choices on what they want or need to buy. They're not children and some have to live many decades on this, so this is complete bullying and evil crapola. I don't care what people eat or if they smoke anything.

I actually don't believe in money, ie its slavery and therefore intrinsically illegal, and only something equal and progressed that does not force anyone like the Venus Project even has any sense of legality.

However in this crooked world, guaranteed incomes for all above the poverty line for family size, world wide, with homes (and all would be able to rent to own) and utilities kept below 1/3 of take home income, so there would different amounts of checks.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

drug addicts should be treated in mental healthcare facilities.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Take a look at the future of the food cards for your country,

Report: Illegal Underground Food Stamp Market Thrives Online

Understaffed food stamp fraud prevention units and lax anti-fraud security on Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards have created a thriving underground market where food stamp recipients illegally sell and trade their taxpayer-funded benefits, often using online websites like Backpage.com, Craigslist, or social media.

That is one of the findings of a new report by the Government Accountability Institute (GAI) examining how the poverty industry has become a massive profit center for politically-connected corporations like JP Morgan, who have made at least $560,492,596 since 2004 to process the EBT cards of food stamp recipients in 24 states and two U.S. territories.

But state and federal agencies—not EBT processors like JP Morgan—are in charge of policing food stamp fraud. That means JP Morgan doesn’t use the same kinds of anti-fraud security protections commonly found on credit cards in its administration of EBT benefits. Furthermore, EBT processors may charge a fee when food stamp recipients report a lost EBT card and need a replacement, when welfare recipients withdraw their cash benefits or make balance inquiries at out-of-network ATMs, and even on customer service calls.

www.breitbart.com...

As usual anywhere that working class tax dollars are mismanaged is always the big names to reap the profits

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
And what does one do about kids lunch money, are people expected to go to the school

The kids will continue to have free school meals as they have had for many years if in low income families.
Hardly a stigma these days with so many getting it.
Do they not provide free school meals in Scotland?
...Northern Ireland, Wales, and England do.
edit on 30-9-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

And what does one do about kids lunch money, are people expected to go to the school

The kids will continue to have free school meals as they have had for many years if in low income families.
Hardly a stigma these days with so many getting it.
Do they not provide free school meals in Scotland?
...Northern Ireland, Wales, and England do.

Maybe if the parents weren't on low incomes in the first place and i'm talking about working parents here also, then we wouldn't need FREE School meals for the low income families in the first place.

Nothing is Free...someone has to dig deep for it. how ironic though that we come to the subject of Free school meals...was this the start of the taking away of a parents rights to........oh man, Am Stoooooooned..
edit on 30-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

In your weird, Orwellian fantasy world, how would people be able to catch public transport, shop at 2nd hand stores, visit car boot sales or buy products from charity stores? What about small green grocers or butchers or baker shops?

I'm assuming these fascist cards will only be applicable in various super markets?

Pull your head out of your arse.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

In your weird, Orwellian fantasy world, how would people be able to catch public transport, shop at 2nd hand stores, visit car boot sales or buy products from charity stores? What about small green grocers or butchers or baker shops?

I'm assuming these fascist cards will only be applicable in various super markets?

Pull your head out of your arse.

Shhhhhhh...I've heard from a good source people in the future will only be allowed to buy what the government allows them to buy, in the future, people will only be allowed to shop where the Government allows them to shop ...I've also heard in the pipeline that they are thinking of calling it fascism...or was it communism..??
Either way the puppet masters are setting in motion the wheels on locomotive 1984....bit by bit by bit.
edit on 30-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Haha indeed. It'd be funny if it wasn't so scary.

For a government who claim to be a small government, they don't half like to manipulate people's lives. New labour were bad enough (and I'm from a family and a community that are largely pro-labour), but the Tories really do take the piss don't they?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

Haha indeed. It'd be funny if it wasn't so scary.

For a government who claim to be a small government, they don't half like to manipulate people's lives. New labour were bad enough (and I'm from a family and a community that are largely pro-labour), but the Tories really do take the piss don't they?

"Take the Piss" is the strongest term you can come up with...??
What they are doing to this countries welfare and healthcare system should be considered a crime against the people of the UK and those politicians should be arrested and tried before a jury of their peers....or shot at in a face.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Maybe if the parents weren't on low incomes in the first place and i'm talking about working parents here

Hmmnnn..... Wasn't it the "prudent" Gordon Brown, (his favourite

description of himself) Labours chancellor for nearly 13 years who at every

budget, increased the 'Working family tax credit'??? Which only increased

the dependence of the low paid on benefits!!

NOW if he had only raised the minimum working wage ...... there would be

no need of supplementing low incomes with benefits !!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Different issue completely, but from your attempted sidetrack emotion, I assume Scotland provides stigma free school meals for low income kids the same as Northern Ireland, Wales, and England does...it is a devolved power under the control of the Scottish government....you were bitching about it so I was genuinely concerned the Scots provided the same level of care from the UK taxes pot we all share. Turns out they do so no need to fret about it as you did earlier.

edit on 30-9-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Fair call

The honest answer is I dont know

Public transport now uses aurtomated cards in most parts of Oz so making the card compatable with that is an option.
Maybe a trade of money from the card for some sort of voucher that could be redeemed at 2nd hand shops is also doable.As for Butchers etc, can get it all at the supermarkets and usually cheaper, beggars cant be choosers seems to fit here

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Of course there should be no shame.

A person HAS to eat O_O

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Different issue completely, but from your attempted sidetrack emotion, I assume Scotland provides stigma free school meals for low income kids the same as Northern Ireland, Wales, and England does...it is a devolved power under the control of the Scottish government....you were bitching about it so I was genuinely concerned the Scots provided the same level of care from the UK taxes pot we all share. Turns out they do so no need to fret about it as you did earlier.

Edit because of TYPO my Arse..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: mr-lizard

Fair call

The honest answer is I dont know

Public transport now uses aurtomated cards in most parts of Oz so making the card compatable with that is an option.
Maybe a trade of money from the card for some sort of voucher that could be redeemed at 2nd hand shops is also doable.As for Butchers etc, can get it all at the supermarkets and usually cheaper, beggars cant be choosers seems to fit here

But what if those 'beggars' would like the liberty of choosing where to shop? Maybe they don't want to have to catch two buses in to town to go shopping when they can do it from the local convenience store?

Can you give me a sincere reason why an unemployed person should shop were the government tells them to shop?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yeah, maybe those beggars would like to take their kids on a holiday, buy the kids a bucket and spade, a ice cream from a ice cream van like Normal people do....
These acts being perpetuated against the Unemployed and Sick and disabled are deigned for one thing and one thing only, to demoralise and humiliate people into working the worst jobs for the worst pay.

From the stopping of benefits with sanctions for petty things like being 5 minutes late in signing on or you never applied for that job as a Banker we gave you even though you have no qualifications to do the job whatsoever..

First strike 4 -13 weeks, Second strike 1 year, 3rd strike and you are out for three years. Deliberately holding up payments for years even after the claimant has successfully challenged and won a decision in a court of law, then changing laws overnight when a decision goes against them so they dont have to pay out what is by law rightfully theirs...See Cait Reilly as an example..

What sort of people would even consider some of these measures. IBS and Esther McVile that's who..

Our present and past governments have been so piss poor at doing what the people of this country pay them to do they need to deflect the blame as to why we are in this mess....It was them pesky unemployed what did it. It's a Pogrom..nothing more, Nothing less and like every other hare brained scheme they come up with, all it will do is create hardship and resentment and cost the people of this country a helluva lot more in the long run...
edit on 1-10-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Yeah, maybe those beggars would like to take their kids on a holiday, buy the kids a bucket and spade, a ice cream from a ice cream van like Normal people do....

Since when was a holiday a necessity time was when one worked

hard and saved for the well earned treat of a 'holiday'. I have

been on package holidays where there were also benefit claiments

enjoying the same holiday that I had worked to pay for!!

When my children and grandchildren were growing up .... things

such as ice cream, cake, chocolate and sweets, were 'treats' rather

than the expected every day norm.

Talk about entitlement................

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If enough people vote to elect these monsters, and the Tories are re-elected, then this country fully deserves to burn. I can see people being driven further into desperation, and I fully hope, and fully endorse, the spilling of Tory blood, politicians and supporters alike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join