It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inertial impulse space drive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hey, I just came up with a space drive too! Take a tube full of air. Put a fan in one end. The air will blow down the tube and hit the far wall, moving the tube forward!

It's how sail boats work! PROOF!

As a testimonial, here is photographic PROOF!!1!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
OP, If I build an experiment and prove that this concept is ridiculous will you leave ATS forever and stop spreading ignorance here. Because that would be worth it for me.
edit on 30-9-2014 by CraftBuilder because: of typo.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Ah, yes, a youtube video. Proof positive! Would you like some of them showing how people can levitate? Or how a cell phone can pop popcorn? It's proof!

avoiding the scientific answer out of ignorance, isn't that sweet?

Got me there, chief. I just proclaimed the hell out of it. Somewhere. Maybe around the part where I told you the CG would stay in the same place, but hell, why let conservation of rotation or momentum slow you down, especially if you don't know what the terms mean and you've got a Youtube video to back you up. Obviously, you are correct.

"why let conservation of rotation or momentum slow you down" hahahah, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about whatsoever. transfer of inertia into linear momentum has nothing to do with "conservation of rotation", you mixed your fruits, "chief". youtube video is an example of something you claim is "impossible", maybe you think you can tweek the laws of physics how you prefere them to be?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Hey, I just came up with a space drive too! Take a tube full of air. Put a fan in one end. The air will blow down the tube and hit the far wall, moving the tube forward!

It's how sail boats work! PROOF!

As a testimonial, here is photographic PROOF!!1!

you are the only one spreading deadly ignorace here, "chief", now answer the question, will it jump in the mid-air?? if you say no and i prove YOU WRONG; will you leave ATS foreve and spare the poor people of your stupidity?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tachyonator7

you are the only one spreading deadly ignorace here, "chief", now answer the question, will it jump in the mid-air?? if you say no and i prove YOU WRONG; will you leave ATS foreve and spare the poor people of your stupidity?

Of course a sailboat can jump in the mid-air. What good would my fan tube space drive be if not? PROOF!

Goodbye now, you must leave the ATS.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Friction is independent of the environment, or your movement is independent of friction? You should try to learn "modern science" before discarding it, unless you are fine stating you live in a world of magical science (physics), I presume circa the dark ages?

whaaat?? who said "Friction is independent of the environment"? i said inertial impulses are independent of the environoment. you don't know a first thing about science and you should learn to read before making false statements.

You said:

you will jerk your body forward and come to sudden stops so that moment of inertia transfers to the boat and it moves forward. modern science will tell you this is due to "friction" which is totally ridiculous as this phenomena is independent of the enviroment.

Oh ok, Inertia is independent of the environment. So the boat and the water has nothing to do with the person moving inside of it.

Maybe take physics 101 before you attempt to rewrite it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tachyonator7

Sorry teachyonator7, your device wont work.

You see, springs don't contract in one direction. In your example you are assuming the springs will contract from the bottom, up. But in reality, the springs contract from the middle, inwards.

While your device is on the ground, the ground will cancel out one side of the spring's contraction, and the other side will cause the device to lift in the air. However, once in the air, the other spring will contract inwards, and cancel itself out.

Your device will NOT accelerate in mid-air.

I made a nifty graphic for you...

You must use layman's terms in the case guys...
edit on 30-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Of course a sailboat can jump in the mid-air. What good would my fan tube space drive be if not? PROOF!

Goodbye now, you must leave the ATS.

you gonne cuckoo, chief? now, instead of spamming with utter nonsense, ANSWER THE QUESTION.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

I did. It's obvious that a sailboat can jump in the mid-air, proving that my fan-tube space drive works.

eta: do you work for "big spring"?
edit on 30-9-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Oh ok, Inertia is independent of the environment. So the boat and the water has nothing to do with the person moving inside of it.

you keep twising my words. person is not moving inside the boat but jerking upper part of his body forward relative to the boat, not the water. boat could be suspended on a magnetic field in a perfect vacuum, the phenomena is the same, if you jerk forward and come to a sudden stop, boat will move. you can keep denying the basic laws of physics, it just proves you never understood them.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

Sorry teachyonator7, your device wont work.

You see, springs don't contract in one direction. In your example you are assuming the springs will contract from the bottom, up. But in reality, the springs contract from the middle, inwards.

While your device is on the ground, the ground will cancel out one side of the spring's contraction, and the other side will cause the device to lift in the air. However, once in the air, the other spring will contract inwards, and cancel itself out.

Your device will NOT accelerate in mid-air.

You must use layman's terms in the case guys...

let me explain you in "layman's term", your "theory" is absurd and you don't know a first thing about physics. the spring does NOT contract from the middle but from the bottom up, so you failed at a basic point. that is easy to see looking at a spring contracting in slow motion. see, it doesn't contract towards the middle but from BOTTOM > UP. i hope this was slow enough so you could catch it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-9-2014 by tachyonator7 because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

boat could be suspended on a magnetic field in a perfect vacuum, the phenomena is the same, if you jerk forward and come to a sudden stop, boat will move.

Not true at all. You are forgetting about inertia.

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to any change in its state of motion, including changes to its speed and direction.

Say you have a 1 ton cube of granite floating in zero gravity, in a vacuum, motionless. If you tried to push said 1 ton cube of granite, you would feel resistance (inertia), which would then push you back as you try to push said granite cube forward.

In your magnetic boat in a vacuum example, the person jerking their body forward would also experience resistance (inertia) in their own body. this would cause you to actually push the boat backwards while your body moves forwards, and you would go nowhere. You would stay in one place.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

I did. It's obvious that a sailboat can jump in the mid-air, proving that my fan-tube space drive works.

eta: do you work for "big spring"?

sad excusess, i almost pitty you. but you STILL didn't answer the question, i'll take that as "i don't know" and i ask you to leave this forum NOW.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

let me explain you in "layman's term", your "theory" is absurd and you don't know a first thing about physics. the spring does NOT contract from the middle but from the bottom up, so you failed at a basic point. that is easy to see looking at a spring contracting in slow motion. see, it doesn't contract towards the middle but from BOTTOM > UP. i hope this was slow enough so you could catch it.

www.youtube.com...

My friend, that spring in that video contracted in the middle like I said. However, it appeared to contract from the top, down because of gravity.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

boat could be suspended on a magnetic field in a perfect vacuum, the phenomena is the same, if you jerk forward and come to a sudden stop, boat will move.

Not true at all. You are forgetting about inertia.

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to any change in its state of motion, including changes to its speed and direction.

Say you have a 1 ton cube of granite floating in zero gravity, in a vacuum, motionless. If you tried to push said 1 ton cube of granite, you would fill resistance (inertia), which would then push you back as you try to push said granite cube forward.

In your boat example, the person jerking their body forward would also experience resistance (inertia) in their own body. this would cause you to actually push the boat backwards while your body moves forwards, and you would go nowhere. You would stay in one place.

it is true, i live by the see and i tried this my self countless times in a small boat. as you jerk your body forward boat moves forward WITHOUT going backwards AT ALL. as you stop suddenly the inertia cannot disappear, it is tranfered to the boat and it moves. likewise, inside the ISS, this tube with a spring stretched from one side to another, when spring is fired against the inner wall, the tube would blast of like a bullet.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne]My friend, that spring in that video contracted in the middle like I said. However, it appeared to contract from the top, down because of gravity.

that's an outright lie. you can clearly tell the "top" (being upside down) never moved an inch, whilt the rest of the spring collapased into it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

(post by tachyonator7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

you keep twising my words. person is not moving inside the boat but jerking upper part of his body forward relative to the boat, not the water. boat could be suspended on a magnetic field in a perfect vacuum, the phenomena is the same, if you jerk forward and come to a sudden stop, boat will move. you can keep denying the basic laws of physics, it just proves you never understood them.

Yea... I really think you need to go back and relearn a couple principles...

Either its an isolated system or a system with external force, but you are trying to cut the boundaries on the system and pretend the boat and the water are not there, sorry, but they are. You can't just pretend something doesn't exist in physics.

Link
Laws of motion
Laws of conservation

Or you know, you could ask an astronaut, suspended in a perfect vacuum and ask them how far they got swinging their head back and forth on a spacewalk...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

it is true, i live by the see and i tried this my self countless times in a small boat. as you jerk your body forward boat moves forward WITHOUT going backwards AT ALL. as you stop suddenly the inertia cannot disappear, it is tranfered to the boat and it moves.

The only reason you would move forward in a boat is because most boats have a pointed front end to reduce water resistance, and a flat rear end. If you thrust your body toward the front end, the boat will attempt to move backwards but would experience strong resistance (like your spring device pushing off the ground) because the rear of the boat is like a wall. The boat would experience less resistance going the other direction (forward) because the pointed front end of the boat cuts through the water easier. Try turning around and thrusting towards the rear of the boat, and you will see the boat will still move forward, not the direction you thrust.

Also, the bottom of the boat experiences friction on top of the water too. But that is more difficult to explain to someone such as your self.

But the movement would be so small, you would waste all your energy, and go practically nowhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join