It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So The Truth Is Coming Out About The Scottish Heath Service.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Haha, apologies

a reply to: jrmcleod
What are you trying to say? The Edinburgh agreement (2012 I presume you mean) was just the legal instrument formalising the agreement for the referendum today, who's arguing with that?
Sorry but I don't understand the point you are trying to make whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Haha, apologies

What are you trying to say? The Edinburgh agreement (2012 I presume you mean) was just the legal instrument formalising the agreement for the referendum today, who's arguing with that?
Sorry but I don't understand the point you are trying to make whatsoever.

The point is that it states that...

in the event of Independence, both Holyrood and Westminster will act in the best interests of Scotland AND England.

The key word being AND. Both countries being treated fairly.

Westminster will not have control to "do what they want and shaft us", otherwise there will be very lengthy legal proceedings that will affect both parties.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hahaha! You genuinely believe that?
The UK breaks EU/international law and UN resolutions quite regularly while dealing with foreign nations. The UK has invaded oil rich countries many times without a UN mandate. The UK always works in the interests of the UK alone.

I guarantee you that the UK will use all of it's resources, all of it's membership of international bodies, and all of it's networks to screw the best deal out of Scotland, either blatant in your face, or shady in backroom decisions.
All UK media will paint a picture of 'It's in Britains interests' and the masses will suck it up so the UK government will feel it has a mandate to do what it likes.
If you do not believe that then you are naive, and you know what, there's pretty much nothing a weak independent Scotland (with zero 'national' representation in any world/governmental bodies) will be able to do about it.
I admire your dreams though, enjoy that freedom, but I will say 'I told you so' when the UK government gets the knives out. It will not be pretty.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hahaha! You genuinely believe that?
The UK breaks EU/international law and UN resolutions quite regularly while dealing with foreign nations. The UK has invaded oil rich countries many times without a UN mandate. The UK always works in the interests of the UK alone.

I guarantee you that the UK will use all of it's resources, all of it's membership of international bodies, and all of it's networks to screw the best deal out of Scotland, either blatant in your face, or shady in backroom decisions.
All UK media will paint a picture of 'It's in Britains interests' and the masses will suck it up so the UK government will feel it has a mandate to do what it likes.
If you do not believe that then you are naive, and you know what, there's pretty much nothing a weak independent Scotland (with zero 'national' representation in any world/governmental bodies) will be able to do about it.
I admire your dreams though, enjoy that freedom, but I will say 'I told you so' when the UK government gets the knives out. It will not be pretty.

I agree to an extent that they will try but when the UK no longer holds the same representation at the "levels" because the UK doesn't exist anymore and its divided we will soon see how much you screw us. Please also remember that Scotland has 2 very major advantages over the rUK. We hold Trident and we hold Oil.

Most countries on the planet are populated less than 15million, Scotland will have plenty of partners and representation...don't be fooled by your superior complex of a "Great" Britain because trust me, its not very "Great" at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh please, you are factually incorrect there. The UK will continue as N.Ireland, Wales, and England, with exactly the same membership of every international body as we have now. You would leave the UK, and become a foreign nation which is a member of none.

Oil? The continuing UK will screw you over in every deal, every time, using all it's nasty economic and political tactics. Do you not remember the UK breaking international law to invade a few oil rich countries? Why do you think they won't screw you in negotiations? Who you gonna call, the UN? The UK ignores the UN regularly.

Trident? Plenty of ports in the continuing UK want Trident due to the massive cash injection it will bring to their local economies, same for ship building.

Oh and I haven't mentioned GB, you have. I'll concede that we may need to change the name of the country to "The United Kindom of Britain and Northern Ireland" as the 'Great' only referred to the island including the Scottish bit, but I have no superiority complex, it is a fact, the horse I have no choice to back is the UK as it is my country. Your independent horse is weaker and I am glad I'm not faced with the prospect of experiencing it be ruthlessly screwed over after a yes vote.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Oh please, you are factually incorrect there. The UK will continue as N.Ireland, Wales, and England, with exactly the same membership of every international body as we have now. You would leave the UK, and become a foreign nation which is a member of none.

Oil? The continuing UK will screw you over in every deal, every time, using all it's nasty economic and political tactics. Do you not remember the UK breaking international law to invade a few oil rich countries? Why do you think they won't screw you in negotiations? Who you gonna call, the UN? The UK ignores the UN regularly.

Trident? Plenty of ports in the continuing UK want Trident due to the massive cash injection it will bring to their local economies, same for ship building.

Oh and I haven't mentioned GB, you have. I'll concede that we may need to change the name of the country to "The United Kindom of Britain and Northern Ireland" as the 'Great' only referred to the island including the Scottish bit, but I have no superiority complex, it is a fact, the horse I have no choice to back is the UK as it is my country. Your independent horse is weaker and I am glad I'm not faced with the prospect of experiencing it be ruthlessly screwed over after a yes vote.

I think you are missing his point....
Scotland has Trident and if your British "take out the knives" then they may very well keep it by force if necessary.
Maybe you just missed it or maybe you think that your government can screw over the Scots and then ask them to please give them back their nuclear missles?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So no whistle blower.... just paperwork that showed up on someones desk?... BS! I can smell it a mile away but then what do you expect from a Pedophile Parliament...

DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Wales will be next.... and I will Vote yes when the time comes and I will proudly claim my citizenship and say goodbye to Pedophile Parliament and Crown. Religate the Tories to England.... most of the Southern English vote for them let them keep them.
edit on 18-9-2014 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01
Overwhelming UK armed forces would be deployed straight away so Scotland is unlikely to attempt such a course of action. I would not wish it, but that would happen in a heartbeat if the continuing UK government wanted it...and the UK media would all say "It is in Britains interest" so the masses would suck it up and support it.
That must be the daftest thing I've read on a Scottish Indy thread so far! lol

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
a reply to: grainofsand
Wales will be next.... and I will Vote yes when the time comes and I will proudly claim my citizenship and say goodbye to Pedophile Parliament and Crown. Religate the Tories to England.... most of the Southern English vote for them let them keep them.

Haha, I'll have my say in any important Wales vote as well, I'll be the first to re-register at my mams house and pay her the 25% single person council tax discount she'll lose so I can get the vote.
edit on 18-9-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

Just because people who think the BBC should not examine and question the nationalist case, as they have done with the "no" case, does not make it bias. Could it be that the BBC will "pay" after the referendum? Could it be that if the vote is "no" people will try to find someone to blame?

Anyway, no acknowledgement that Alex Salmond and his ministers have met Rupert Murdoch at least 13 times since 2011. Just saying.

Anyway, a few hours and we'll know. This profoundly undemocratic farce will be over either way.

Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Overwhelming UK armed forces would be deployed straight away so Scotland is unlikely to attempt such a course of action. I would not wish it, but that would happen in a heartbeat if the continuing UK government wanted it...and the UK media would all say "It is in Britains interest" so the masses would suck it up and support it.

Really? Overwhelming with its 20 tanks?
How many Scots are in the service right now????
You could not even manage a functioning blockade of a single Scottish port since you gutted your Navy. You dont even have a carrier in service right now. Whats daft is thinking that the UK can project any military force on the Scots if they wish this to get violent.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

Really? Overwhelming with its 20 tanks?
How many Scots are in the service right now????
You could not even manage a functioning blockade of a single Scottish port since you gutted your Navy. You dont even have a carrier in service right now. Whats daft is thinking that the UK can project any military force on the Scots if they wish this to get violent.

20 tanks ?

As soon as you posted that i didn't bother to read the rest.

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

You do know that a fair percentage of the politicians and associates suspected of being involved in the ONGOING paedophile ring in Westminster are of Scottish and Welsh origin?

Paedophilia is unfortunately a far too common crime and is hardly unique to England.

Westminster may well be amoral and corrupt....but that includes its representatives from everywhere in the UK and not just its English members.

ETA.

And all this talk of military power and confrontation - ridiculous, it will never happen.

There may well be bitter recriminations whatever the vote and I don't doubt for one minute that in the event of a 'Yes' vote negotiations may get nasty.....but tanks and things - get real.

edit on 18/9/14 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

edit on 18/9/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

lol!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrmcleod

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm wondering why the truth would miraculously appear now considering the timing and the fact that Mr Cameron is obviously crapping his breeks about Scotland's departure from the union?

Can't pee in our pockets and tell us its raining any longer Westminster! Come the 18th were are lightly to exit stage left, so long and thanks for all the fish!

The idea that that Toff sh!thead david cameron is #ting himself is absurd - Whether scotland stays or goes he's still PM of England, he's still on the world stage, he's still wealthy, his job remain's safe.

What i cant quite understand is, if Scotland is worth as much as the scottish are bragging, then why would a CONSERVATIVE PM be so willing to let you break away from the UK?

Just doesnt make sense. Im sure there will be a reason for this and it wont be good for Scotland.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...i hope no one pays attention to this drivel.

You think his job as PM will be safe when he "singlehandedly" breaks up a 300 year old union because of his ignorance to Scottish peoples desires which could have been 100% avoided had he allowed a "Devo Max" option on the Ballot Paper.

Your CONSERVATIVE mp is NOT willing to let Scotland break away, hence why he forced Alistair Darling to step aside and let Gordon Brown take over. Not to mention he buckled into the "fake promise Devo option" and cancelled his own agenda to come north of the border - Crying at some of his speeches.

England...will NOT be on the world stage. What message does it sent to the other powers if the UK cant even hold its own country together? The empire is long dead, its about time you let the idea of it go!

Mate, if he was gonna loose out by letting scotland go there wouldnt be a vote. The one thing the toff's at westminter have proved over the year's is that they're not stupid. I'd be suspicious at the very fact that your being handed a vote, i am know i am.

England is already on the world stage and that will not change if Scotland goes it's own way. It makes me laugh how the some Scotish believe, by putting two finger's up at the union, you've won the war and everything is going to be hunkydory. Nothing could be further from the truth.

You think you'll just "own" 90% of the north sea oil.
You think you'll just have a currency union with the countries you've just abandoned.
You think you'll just walk into the European union if you wanted to.
You think that you'll lower taxes and still provide free education and healthcare.
You think Salmond is doing you guys a big favor.
And lastly,
You think anyone who disagree's with Scottish independence is a fear mongering, oppressive English brute who just wants to keep you around because your SOOOO financially important to the union. I'd rather vote to kick out the Scots for their arrogance at not needing anyone.

This whole episode has only enlightened me to how arrogant and naive some Scottish people are. Ive had my fair share of laugh's reading the promises and the "Facts" of the yes campaign.

Im sure we'll all get a few more laugh's no matter the outcome.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Honestly if Scotland go independent it will become another poor backward barely First world nation under the Iron rule of the EU.

If you think EU power over the UK was bad wait till your tiny country with no political power tied to the Euro

Honestly Id love to break away from Westminster myself but patriotism and pride don't pay the bills.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Basically they will still think they are British, when infact they will just be poor little Scots.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm not wanting to live in the past through, i want to live in a nation that's free of Westminster rule.

You will just trade it for rule in Brussels.
Scotland will have no bargaining power in the EU

A nation that's governs her own citizens without any help or intervention from our English cousins.

Rather have intervention from some nameless bureaucrat in Brussels then?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join