It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the theory that illegals take american jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Correctomundo.

I think the argument is that IMMIGRANTS are taking all our jobs, legal AND illegal.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4

But once you take out the illegal/undocumented criteria you've lost the one even remotely new and interesting part of the argument. My people were every bit as much of a "problem" 150 years ago and that worked out alright in the long run. (except for the police brutality... I'm pretty sure we invented that, so have some green beer and corn beef hash as our way of saying sorry).

I know you east coast guys (the East Coast from a California perspective reaching all the way to Chicago) still seem to be aware of the difference between Irish and Italian and WASP (and I'm not even completely sure who does and doesn't count as one of those) but once you break open the ghetto and spread people out into the latest boom area away from the port of entry, it becomes very hard to figure out who is who. I once had someone go off on my Italian coworker for being Mexican... and when it was over i laughed and actually had to ask, "are you just really easy going about that stuff, or are you actually not Mexican?"

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Give me your tired and poor...
Give me your huddled masses...

White Europeans take an entire continent by murderous force...

Closes the gates, and begins crying and stomping feet like BABIES when other people want in.

If you don't like America...

...then make way for the ones who do and
MOVE!!!!!!!

edit on 23-8-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Oh boy, this guy is going to get punished by the republicans:

"A recent Center for Immigration Studies report concluded that of the "the 472 civilian occupations defined by the Department of Commerce, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal)." In fact, the study found that "51 percent of maids and housekeepers, 63 percent of butchers and meat processors, 64 percent of grounds maintenance workers, 66 percent of construction laborers, and 73 percent of janitors employed are U.S.-born."

Link

That guy SHOULD get punished by not just republicans, but anyone with an ounce (or 28 grams for the imperial-unit deficient - or the drug dealers) of common sense.

His ENTIRE ARGUMENT is a distortion and outright lie - and even his source material from the CIS tells the exact opposite story, reporting that since 2000, ALL JOB GROWTH in the US has went to immigrants!

Read his source material from CIS here

Distortions and lies from the left - people should BOTHER to read the sources and not just buy into whatever talking heads on 'their side' (are they REALLY on your side or just milking you??) want you to believe to support THEIR agendas.

If this post wasn't political (which is liars fighting liars) then it would deserve to be bound for the HOAX bin . you should really evaluate your attitude against a particular political party, and learn how to use critical thinking and common sense, and quit trusting what your handlers tell you.

Otherwise, you only prove yourself to be an agenda-driven idealogue, with goals unlike the current admistration of subverting the country for their own political gain, and others should see your post for what they are and 'debunk' the 'hoax debunker'.
edit on 23-8-2014 by lakesidepark because: more flame, less kindness - these poeple have to be stopped

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You forget some Americans are simply lazy and do not wish to work, therefor nobody has stolen their job.

They just feel they deserve 30+ dollars an hour when they posses no talent, skill, or work ethic.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

You do know why know nobody ever gets past huddled masses don't you? Even Lady Liberty can't resist calling them trash on their way in. Ain't we benevolent?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

As far as doing all the legal paperwork, I know just a few blocks from the union hall you can buy all the "documentation" you want. There was a local story on this a few years ago and they showed how easy it is to obtain a S.S. card and birth certificate. One wouldnt need much else.

There only about 35 "white dudes" in the laborers union the other 675 are other ethinicity so hardly a "bunch". When was the last you tried to get emigration to come pick up a "suspected" illegal?

Good luck with that, too much trouble for them racial profiling and all.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shifferbrains

Why are there only 35 white guys in your local? If the Mexicans were displacing white workers then shouldn't there be 350, maybe even 3500 white guys, paying dues and riding the out of work list saying WTF? It kinda sounds like a job that white people don't want, despite the money. Where are we talking about and how is the economy?

ETA, and how is dispatch handled in that union too... because most unions won't let the guys cut eachothers throats- the only advantage an immigrant could possibly have working on a wage scale is to do more work, right?
edit on Sat 23 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have 3 decades of commercial construction experience and a bachelors degree in construction management.
Here's the deal.

Legal immigrants realize their work is worth more than what illegals get so they join unions and contribute, pay taxes, etc. Illegals, for the most part, I'd say 70% of them sell drugs and participate in shady # which is why they are illegal in the first place. Granted, there are some illegals who are trying but because of the fact they are illegals they are taken advantage of by asshole employers.

Now.

The only ones that are taking jobs from "Americans" are Americans themselves, at least in my industry.
Given the choice of hiring a crew of white dudes or legal Mexicans I'll hire the Mexicans every single time. Why? Because they work their asses off, don't play stupid #, # games and don't act like women on the job, no offense to women.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Gotta roll my eyes a bit at the guy in the white truck calling the guys on the ground women, but everything else you said sounds dead on freakin accurate in my experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

There have always been lazy people. You will never get around that.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
You forget some Americans are simply lazy and do not wish to work, therefor nobody has stolen their job.

They just feel they deserve 30+ dollars an hour when they posses no talent, skill, or work ethic.

The problem is that the local roofing company cant put in a decent bid to do a reroof because the competition is hireling illegals and paying low age, no workers comp and zero tax in many cases. Not to mention that most of that money is being shipped back to Meh-hecko at 8 pesos per dollar.

And whats worse is that homeowner guy gets convinced that the american up the road was trying to rip him off, his bid being so much higher. You know, all that workers cop, insurance, tax. Meanwhile Jesus' is building a big home in Meh-hecko made possible by the exchange rate and pesos value.

At last Joe american roofer is forced to get rid of his american employees just to survive and joins the Mexican game.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Sure if your not concerned with the quality of work, and need to save a few$ I too have seen these guys work their a$$ off. It doesnt mean they are getting right. Re-work is a beeotch and usually costs 3 times the original amount. That being said I have also seen a lot of white guys who do not care about quality either, sadly.

I worked for a nation wide company and guess who had to fix all the work these people got wrong. Like I said they worked hard. Its good to be able to read or understand instruction. I have had conversations about scope of work and it seemed like everyone was on board and knew what needed to be done. Till the work began and sh1t was wrong. Now imagine a job that goes 3-4 weeks in the wrong direction with out anyone to re-direct. Yep thats what I would always say, cuz now im fixin their mistakes.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have never worked with other people who actually played physical grab a$$ other than mexicans. Always made me fee uncomfortable when they grab ur balls, or a$$, or twist a nipple. Weirdo's.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
Yep

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond
The local laborers had 700-800, the company I was working for had 35 people working in the field.

If you cozy up to the dispatch lady in the hall, the out of work list becomes very short for you.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is in SLC, UT not a union state by any means. The economy seems to be ok roller coaster like anywhere. I do a lot of out of state work between WYO, NV, and UT. The last company I worked for closed their branch in SLC, because there was too much re-work money had to come from the other jobs. Profit went down and so did our branch.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I guess people see what they want to see.

The OP's misinterpretation of what the article says, and all the issues that surround immigration, legal and otherwise, is astonishing and you have to wonder if it's deliberate or "just" ignorant?

Either way, it's depressing when people are so obviously wedded to their beliefs, that they can't meet any objective truth they can't twist and distort it to fit their worldview, and then, in effect, brag about their contortions by posting it for all to see.

There's really no helping this one.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Remove income tax.

Add sales tax.

Don't care about illegal jobs.

There, I took care of the problem. Next.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Without the attribution to Roosevelt and the red flag reference that could be Stalin speaking against religious affiliation.

In point of fact we have always been a nation of mongrel bastards who got here precisely because we would not abandon the loyalties that set us apart from the majority in our homelands, and have always been fiercely proud of our individuality, including linguistically. How English is english enough? Are cajuns on the bubble? Maybe all of us? We aren't exactly speaking the Queen's here are we? Hell I'd deport everyone who says YOLO if we went down that slippery slope.

The requirements to be an American as far as I can tell from history are to get here alive, dont die too fast when you get here, and if we all start shooting, you shoot in the same direction. That's it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join