It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the theory that illegals take american jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Oh boy, this guy is going to get punished by the republicans:

"A recent Center for Immigration Studies report concluded that of the "the 472 civilian occupations defined by the Department of Commerce, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal)." In fact, the study found that "51 percent of maids and housekeepers, 63 percent of butchers and meat processors, 64 percent of grounds maintenance workers, 66 percent of construction laborers, and 73 percent of janitors employed are U.S.-born."

I am sure the US ones get paid in the legal manner. IMO the remainder percentage fill in positions that employers use to avoid the payroll system with taxes.

Link

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I work in the construction industry.

The Mexicans are taking over, I dont care what this study shows.

Like a company that hires illegally is going to put that information out there anyway.

La migra(spelling?) shows up and you have never seen a scramble like that..lol

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That is the fault of the employers. My husband was in the Laborers Union for 42 years. Never had to work will illegals because they don't like unions. They do not like Everify either. Lay the blame on the slave masters, not the slaves.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

That is the fault of the employers. My husband was in the Laborers Union for 42 years. Never had to work will illegals because they don't like unions. They do not like Everify either. Lay the blame on the slave masters, not the slaves.

Who do you think will benefit then if we allow "illegals" to flood the system that is already at a breaking point?

OH YEA! The same slave masters you just mentioned!

Be careful what you ask for........

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I believe you have misinterpreted the article. Maybe rereading it and the included links will help you. The article does not "debunk" the claim immigrants, illegal or otherwise, have taken jobs away from American citizens. It does quite the opposite.

Start with this link from the article. It's referenced in the third paragraph. Link
I guess people see what they want to see.

edit on 82041Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Who ever argued that they were taking our jobs?

The issue is that they are collecting government entitlements for themselves and large families. Which legal US citizens pay taxes to fund.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I read that. If that is true, then why are employers hiring immigrants over native born americans? This whole illegal problem lies at the foot of employers and greed.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Bilk22

I read that. If that is true, then why are employers hiring immigrants over native born americans? This whole illegal problem lies at the foot of employers and greed.

NOPE! It lies at the feet of our corrupt Federal officials!

Treating the symptom does not get rid of the disease!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

They "dont like unions?" Wait...What? They couldnt get into one anywy because they are illegals. Not without falsifying records and I.D.'s

I guarantee you, if they were here legally....they'd LOVE the union wages.

MS

AFSCME (American Federal, State, County, MuninipleEmployees)
A F of M (American Federation of Musicians)
PPAN (Plant Protection Association National)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Lets try this theory: Illegals waste tax dollars.

Return to sender, please.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If California would collect a 10K fine from employers
for every illegal working, their state financial problems would soon be over.
With no jobs for illegals there would be less of a reason for them to be there at all.

Fine The Employer. That is the answer to the immigration problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Doug Stanhope said it best:

"You never hear people with legitimate skill sets complaining about immigrants taking their jobs."

"I would be ashamed and humiliated if anyone found out that guy just took my job. How simple and menial a job do you have that they can do the job training in pantomime?"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nfflhome

California is #1 in agriculture and agriculture exports. It's big busine$$.
No fat cat will want to get rid of their cheap labor.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Theory?

Extremely violent thoughts and images flooding registry
replacing data in all programs. Infecting IP address,
firewalls breached by massive inferno. SYSTEM OVERLOAD
SYSTEM FAILURE EMINENT

SYSTEM FAILURE! SYSTEM FAILURE!

Blue screen lock........ Ohhhh curser lock! OHHHHHH! my beautiful worrrrrrrrrld.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
LOL, the "illegal immigration debate"!!!!! This one is like giving a copy of "The Catcher In The Rye" to a 6th-grader and watching them expound about how it's the best book in the world, how it's going to change the world, lol!

Let's look at it another way, just to source from your post without even reading the article, let alone the sources of IT:

HALF of all jobs that moms of three kids could get in about 5 minutes (should their husbands or baby-daddies leave them for a woman half their age with abs and no dependents) without leaving someone else to raise their kids or going into student loan debt are STOLEN by no-good law-breaking criminals who pee on the US flag and wipe their butts with the Constitution.

Next.

(PS, in case you don't understand satire: this debate is old, your facts are not new, and it's ridiculous to defend people who defy international laws just to make a few more bucks. Let their "stellar work" speak for itself. That is all.)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If the politicians who pander to the right had a real problem with immigration they could have stopped it by now. The fact is that both sides know the score when it comes to illegal immigration and they have decided to secretly embrace it, but to maintain it as an enduring fundraising issue for as long as they can keep the battle stalemated.

An immigrant from a nation that does not consume US goods at a high price is a consumer subsidy for big business. It does not matter if he works on the books, works off the books, begs, borrows, or steals. He may or may not, depending on what he does, either undercut wages, cause work that would otherwise not be done to be possible to have done at an equilibrium price below minimum wage (which does not depress wages). He will eat and procure all the other necessities of life and pay US dollars for it.

So the primary role of immigrant from the ruling elite perspective is to move money from private charity, government programs, small business, or willing or unwilling private citizens, and distribute it to major retailers. If he fails to do that, then he will appropriate government funds to for profit prisons or law enforcement equipment providers instead. The secondary role is to be scapegoated and stimulate political contributions.

Whether the net effect on the economy is good or bad will vary from case to case, but in every case it will be good for the leaders who didn't fix this alleged problem.

Everything is going according to plan, and everyone who isn't worried about the human cost can relax.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

And oh, the outcry of anger if the agriculture industry were 100 percent staffed with American workers, all receiving minimum wage or more, all of them working full time, getting health insurance benefits. The price of an apple would skyrocket!

Fresh fruits and vegetables would become a luxury only the rich could afford.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If illegal immigrants aren't taking American jobs, what jobs are they taking? Chinese jobs? Norwegian jobs?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

...Lay the blame on the slave masters, not the slaves.

Wotta concept. F&S&

But who will feed us if we're on our own?

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Oh boy, this guy is going to get punished by the republicans:

"A recent Center for Immigration Studies report concluded that of the "the 472 civilian occupations defined by the Department of Commerce, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal)." In fact, the study found that "51 percent of maids and housekeepers, 63 percent of butchers and meat processors, 64 percent of grounds maintenance workers, 66 percent of construction laborers, and 73 percent of janitors employed are U.S.-born."

I am sure the US ones get paid in the legal manner. IMO the remainder percentage fill in positions that employers use to avoid the payroll system with taxes.

Link

O K !
Then, according to the report you cite,

49% of mades and housekeepers;
37% of butchers and meat processors;
36% of grounds maintainance workers:
34% of construction workers;
and 27% of janitors are not American citizens.

After looking at this, I am glad there are no jobs going to people who might be in this country without the proper documentation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join