It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
First, you are not to bright if you bring kids anywhere near these 'peaceful protests'. They are burning buildings and there are random shootings of said protesters.
Second, these are not peaceful protests anymore. You cannot scream "F#$$ you pigs" and then throw up your arms and say I did nothing in the same span. If there is a curfew, it is for safety, not control. The law is trying to be proactive. They, the animals in the group, are acting like spoiled children.

This happened well before curfew, barely after dark. You are basically saying that Americans should fear being out after dark. There were no shootings or burning buildings at that point, so far as I am aware.

You are alleging that, in spite of all the people on ATS who have been following and watching live video from the scene, that protesters were not being peaceful when the police opened fire with tear gas and less-lethal projectiles. Many of us rather disagree with this assessment.
edit on 12Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:49:34 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
Governor Jay Nixon says there will be no curfew in #Ferguson tonight; National Guard's role will be limited in scope.

Hope they brought marshmallows and hotdogs cause that city is gonna burn tonight!

You know what...they need to stop going back and forth on the enforcement. Stop trying to handcuff the police and now the National Guard from doing their job. The way Nixon is directing this...he is forcing police to allow a mob to form and get to the tipping point before he is allowing the police to act. It would be better for the police/NG to prevent the mob from forming in the first place with whatever tactics they need to use.

I'm starting to think they should just pull all law enforcement and the NG out of Ferguson and let them riot and loot to their hearts content...let them burn their own community to the ground.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

This happened well before curfew, barely after dark. You are basically saying that Americans should fear being out after dark. There were no shootings or burning buildings at that point, so far as I am aware.

There were shootings the night before and there was rioting/looting almost every day in the past week once the sun goes down. There was zero reason to believe that last night would be any different.

If someone brings their child into that environment, they are an idiot.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
CNN reporting Gov. Nixon announces there will be no curfew tonight.

I see this as a good move to not establish arbitrary timelines forcing artificial confrontations.

link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I woke up to find members holding up signs. "Support Daren Wilson"
Are some of these people members of the KKK?

That is a question, not saying they ALL are.

But it would makes sense, as twitter feeds at the end of the night, saw support pages, ran by Clan members.
Is this just a way to "fire" people up?

Or are there any confirmed reports of KKK getting their dirty hands into this.

They have Rights to protest just as we have the right to protest.. I understand that.
The same way West Bro B. Church is protected under these same laws.

I see a powder keg with that..
I have confirmed reports of Black Panther party has presence here. So now it seems we have Clan presence as well.

Heading to Tampa to do my part. Will try to get photos, and videos of my outing today, and post online later here on ATS. Everyone be safe, be peaceful!

Anyone that can confirm ^^^^ please just private mail me with that info.. as not to take things off topic here..
Thanks--Or post to my Twitter account. (yes I am Jenna the picture is me)

link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
CNN reporting Gov. Nixon announces there will be no curfew tonight.

I see this as a good move to not establish arbitrary timelines forcing artificial confrontations.

I'm interested in seeing if this will help or the town will burn more.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Then why is the national guard needed?

Anyone officially said martial law. It sure seems imminent at least in Ferguson.

reply to: DancedWithWolves

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix
This is your justification for the police to open up on a crowd where children were present with tear gas, rubber bullets, and wooden projectiles?
That stuff had happened before, even though it wasn't happening right then, so surely they're just dumb for being there?
We saw what happened. Cops initiated it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

I won't comment on the level of evidence you apparently require before believing some event happened, but I will comment on your assertion about its relevance.

In fact, every time I see it asserted the 'robbery' had no relevance to what happened nearly immediately thereafter, I am totally baffled by it.

Ten minutes before Brown's death, he robbed a convenience store and physically assaulted the clerk. It demonstrates two things: 1) Brown was very capable and willing to engage in physical confrontation, and 2) at the time Brown and the officer engaged, Brown would have certainly assumed the officer knew (or would shortly learn about) the convenience store incident.

Assertions to the contrary are ether willful denial or wishful thinking, imo.

edit on 18-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
This is your justification for the police to open up on a crowd where children were present with tear gas, rubber bullets, and wooden projectiles?
That stuff had happened before, even though it wasn't happening right then, so surely they're just dumb for being there?
We saw what happened. Cops initiated it.

Yes, people with children in that crowd after dark are dumb for having their children there.

Cops didn't initiate anything, cops responded to the crowd advancing on them...the crowd that included the idiots with their kids advancing along with the crowd.

If you don't want your kid tear gassed...don't bring him to a mob that has been tear gassed almost every single night.

Actually, I'll broaden my assessment...anyone who is out there after dark are idiots for being out there.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Allegedly robbed. But let's say he did it. The officer who shot Brown didn't know that he was a suspect, the police chief said so; it simply wasn't a factor in the police officer's decision to use deadly force. It's irrelevant to the shooting, which was the impetus for this whole mess. Misdirection. Obfuscation. Deflection.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I don't think anyone has compiled a full list...that map that someone else linked is a good start though.

Do you need the exact numbers in order to admit that these things are happening?
I'm curious...what's your angle here...are you denying that looting, rioting, arson, and shootings are happening?

Your argument is that all of this violence happened, therefore it is justifiable for police violence.

You then stated that comparing a violent city (Chicago) to what happened there (Ferguson) was comparing apples to oranges due to the size of the area.

Hence, you are saying the concentration of incidents and number of incidents constitutes justification for police violence.
Therefore, you should know them. Now you say you are unsure. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yes, people with children in that crowd after dark are dumb for having their children there.

Cops didn't initiate anything, cops responded to the crowd advancing on them...the crowd that included the idiots with their kids advancing along with the crowd.

If you don't want your kid tear gassed...don't bring him to a mob that has been tear gassed almost every single night.

Actually, I'll broaden my assessment...anyone who is out there after dark are idiots for being out there.

It just turned dark, RUN EVERYONE RUN.
Screw rights, I guess. Police get to tear gas your children anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Amnesty International Takes ‘Unprecedented’ Step in Sending Delegation to Ferguson
Steven W. Hawkins, said. “The U.S. cannot continue to allow those obligated and duty-bound to protect to become those who their community fears most.”

Hawkins said they will remain in Missouri until they “have a clear picture of what is taking place on the ground, and are able to work effectively with local activists on how to defend human rights at home.”

Source

Dude is talking about protecting Human rights. But the folks rioting, looting and shooting at the police helicopter and cop cars are clearly not interested in rights... other than their right to cause total anarchy.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Police get to tear gas your children anyway.

If I lived there, the last thing on my mind would be taking my children out on those streets.

Anybody that does is goofy.

edit on b000000312014-08-18T13:04:58-05:0001America/ChicagoMon, 18 Aug 2014 13:04:58 -0500100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I think that is really some obtuse thinking.

It doesn't matter that the officer didn't know about the robbery. What the officer apparently asserts is that Brown physically assaulted him and sought to acquire his weapon.

The robbery and assault lends credibility to the officer's story because of its proximity in time to the shooting. The robbery didn't happen a year ago or even the day before, BUT TEN MINUTES before.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You make a good point. But public response to these incidents can happen so rapidly now. Before any official facts come out there is already so much unofficial data that it doesn't make much difference.

Side note: This whole mess is reminds me of the Harlem Riot in 1964...not that I was even born! Similar shooting and community response. Have we really not progressed since then? SMH. I hope things turn out better here.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I'm sorry, but I think that is really some obtuse thinking.

It doesn't matter that the officer didn't know about the robbery. What the officer apparently asserts is that Brown physically assaulted him and sought to acquire his weapon.

Except the post mortem proves there was no struggle and that he wasn't even shot at close range.

why do you keep pushing that agenda when the post mortem is already out?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: magnum1188

The national guard was called and the Marines were called in during the Rodney King riots. People have short memories or they weren't even born yet. This is nothing new.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

I don't think anyone has compiled a full list...that map that someone else linked is a good start though.

Do you need the exact numbers in order to admit that these things are happening?
I'm curious...what's your angle here...are you denying that looting, rioting, arson, and shootings are happening?

Your argument is that all of this violence happened, therefore it is justifiable for police violence.

You then stated that comparing a violent city (Chicago) to what happened there (Ferguson) was comparing apples to oranges due to the size of the area.

Hence, you are saying the concentration of incidents and number of incidents constitutes justification for police violence.
Therefore, you should know them. Now you say you are unsure. Interesting.

Sorry, but your logic sucks.

First, I don't see police violence...I see police using non lethal means to control a crowd that is getting out of control.

The Chicago incidents are separate incidents over a wide geographical area and not all connected to the same event...that is the apples to oranges. In Ferguson, it is quite clear what needs to be controlled....a small area with a lot of people in it rioting and looting nightly. In Chicago, there are a lot of people over a large geographical area with a lot of individual unrelated incidents.

The National Guard is a good call in Ferguson...not in Chicago.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join