It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Taggart

Actually, yes I can. And in some situations, I do. This is one.

Someone needs to protect the business owners who provide jobs, the citizens who simply want to support their family and don't prefer needing an Ak in order to keep their own kids safe as they try to get groceries after work, the citizens who just want to see actual justice and not mob "justice" which is anything but just...

So yeah, when nutjobs are running rampant in the street tearing up the town and hurting people, if tear gas helps, then so be it.

Heck I'd be shooting people who were trying to rob or injure me... tear gas is a much nicer option don't you think?

You have obviously not been watching the live footage the last few nights.
The people who attacked first were the LEO's if you dispute that, please post your video sources
as we all witnessed what happened the last few nights.

Prove to me the protestors 'Started it'

ST LOUIS POLICE how to stop looters, fire tear gas at families and Journalists
edit on 18-8-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

But the 'source' is the friend of the wife of the officer!
It is a third hand account of the police side of the story, it is not a new side.
Would you care you share your opinion on what is taking the police report so long to be released?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

You do not have two sides of the story. The second side is dead and will never have the chance to testify on his own behalf. Since we're counting sides...

Truer words have never been spoken!
Dead man tell no tales. As people always say on here about what to do in home invasions, shoot to kill to avoid the lawsuit

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

On the contrary, I'm waiting on the facts. Though I'll gladly admit to a preconceived notion that lethal force is only to be used as a last resort, and that police officers are to be held to the same standard as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Is that your response to a valid argument? It's easy to turn a blind eye to the truth and create all kinds of other theories coming from nothing other than your paranoia.

"it's highly possible that this is orchestrated.
My prediction is more violence tonight followed by an official order of martial law.
Dusk to dawn curfew and deadly force authorization for so much as being outside their homes " -You

1) How is it highly possible?
2)Why would you predict that?
3)You're fear mongering.

It's not a valid argument, you base almost every argument you have on assumption and i don't want to get into one of your circular arguments. i wont be replying to you again

1. if you paid attention to whats going on around you, you would see a few things other than the inside of your box.
2. because i can
3. it's a prediction, not fact and i really don't see where it creates fear

I've read every piece of news that's been posted on here and you can't deny the violence going on in that city. They lifted the curfew and we will see how tonight works out. For you to chime in with some off the wall theory does nothing, yet you have the audacity to call my arguments "strawman" and "not valid".

I look forward to you not replying. But on to the topic. The only way your "prediction" comes true is if people in and around that area decide to loot, steal and poke at the NG, after multiple parties on both sides have pleaded for it to stop.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
UNCONFIRMED report claims F-16's Circling Ferguson...

the website
claims this as their livestream as the source but when I brought up the vid it only shows people standing around doing nothing????

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Please stop strawmanning me, Its unnecessary and detrimental to the thread.

as is yours, you use that term a lot, others have a right to an opinion.
edit on 023131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 023131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It is a third hand account of the police side of the story, it is not a new side.
Would you care you share your opinion on what is taking the police report so long to be released?

No, the source is not the friend who called into the show.

Please listen. CNN says a SOURCE CLOSE TO THE INVESTIGATION has confirmed that the account given by "Josie" who called into the radio show MATCHES the account given to the investigation by Darren Wilson.

I don't know what is taking the police report so long to be released...I honestly don't care, let them do their job and do it completely before they release it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So, How does the national guard work now adays? I remember for awhile they weren`t allowed to carry live ammo in situations like this, has that changed?

Are they held to the same protocols as the police are when it comes to detaining people, searching people, use of deadly force etc?
The national Guard doesn`t seem like the best organization to use in a situation like this.They aren`t educated or trained for law enforcement in an urban setting.About the only thing that qualifies them for this type of duty is that they can put a lot more boots on the ground than the police can.

I`m not sure numbers alone is going to help the situation right now,they might just be making themselves targets for the instigators who looking for an authority figure to shoot at.
are they going to have orders to shoot on sight anyone carrying a weapon?

so many questions, I guess we`ll have to wait until tonight to find out the answers.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

No, the source is not the friend who called into the show.

Please listen. CNN says a SOURCE CLOSE TO THE INVESTIGATION has confirmed that the account given by "Josie" who called into the radio show MATCHES the account given to the investigation by Darren Wilson.

I don't know what is taking the police report so long to be released...I honestly don't care, let them do their job and do it completely before they release it.

Cops investigating cops, what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

a reply to: OpinionatedB

Shouldn't it be the cops that are protecting the businesses?
But yet they are being told to stand down?
www.infowars.com...
www.slideshare.net...

If I read correctly, they're being ordered to stand down by their higher up who is also blaming them for their actions. It's been shown that the cops wanted to help but he order them not to. I don't know if you read the accounts by an officer on the scene, it was posted a little while ago in this topic. I think the reason the NG are being called in is because the way the cops were ordered to operate, they had no choice.

Everyone wants to blame the police but you have to understand that the orders are coming from the top, I can't think of his name of the top of my head but I think it was Johnson. He was the one pulling all the strings.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey you guys are going to flip out when you hear this!!!!

Stirring The Pot: DOJ Sends ‘Marshals’ To ‘Coach’ The Protesters In Ferguson

Is the Obama administration looking to stir up more trouble in Ferguson? “Protest marshals” from the same Department of Justice division that organized protests against George Zimmerman in the aftermath of the shooting of Trayvon Martin have been deployed to the troubled city. It is being reported that these DOJ agents will be “conducting training” for Ferguson protesters that will focus on “best practices for participating in protests”. Local officials in Missouri hope that this will help defuse the situation, but if history is any guide it may end up doing just the opposite.

From news junkie

you all caught that right...“Protest marshals”???
HAhahahahahaha... Pardon me, I meant to say....Bawhahahahaha!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I was told by a friend in the Minnesota National Guard, that there are units trained for riot control.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the Missouri National Guard also has units trained for riot control, but it seems probable.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
So, How does the national guard work now adays? I remember for awhile they weren`t allowed to carry live ammo in situations like this, has that changed?

Are they held to the same protocols as the police are when it comes to detaining people, searching people, use of deadly force etc?
The national Guard doesn`t seem like the best organization to use in a situation like this.They aren`t educated or trained for law enforcement in an urban setting.About the only thing that qualifies them for this type of duty is that they can put a lot more boots on the ground than the police can.

I`m not sure numbers alone is going to help the situation right now,they might just be making themselves targets for the instigators who looking for an authority figure to shoot at.
are they going to have orders to shoot on sight anyone carrying a weapon?

so many questions, I guess we`ll have to wait until tonight to find out the answers.

Given the situation they will have live ammo
I don't know where you have been but they have been training in urban combat since 2001
They will most likely have orders to only fire when fired upon

link   
a reply to: HardCorps
this should have a topic of its own

link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
On the contrary, I'm waiting on the facts. Though I'll gladly admit to a preconceived notion that lethal force is only to be used as a last resort, and that police officers are to be held to the same standard as anyone else.

Then on this we at least agree.

Look, I was initially outraged when this story first broke. The original narrative was that a police officer gunned down a fleeing teenager who was merely stopped for walking in the middle of the road. But that version is now clearly in question.

The irony of all of this is that the shooting may well have been justified under the circumstances. But I'm finding it nearly impossible to disagree with those who say the authorities have completely bungled and over-stepped their response to it all.

If anything, this crisis teaches how close we are to utter chaos at any given moment. There is every reason to be concerned.
edit on 18-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Chief of the U.N.,Ban Ki-moon, issued a statement urging for protesters rights not to be violated:

"The Secretary-General calls on the authorities to ensure that the rights to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression are protected," U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric told reporters.

"He calls on all to exercise restraint, for law enforcement officials to abide by U.S. and international standards in dealing with demonstrators," Dujarric said. (Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

U.N. Chief Calls For Protection Of Rights In Ferguson Protests
edit on 18-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
And so it begins...

Nigel Duara @nigelduara from AP news · 6m posted

Skirmishes resume at McDonald's.

see, it's already started

ETA that's all that she tweeted... if she posts details I'll add then later...
ETA even more--- Reddit is now saying Reports are coming in that there have been arrests made at McDonald's....
edit on 18-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

Missouri National guard trained for just such a threat in 2009 for threats from militias and/or insurgency. Look for the articles now in local www.newstribune.com... and they are 404'd.

edit on 08pm31pmfu2014-08-18T14:36:22-05:000222 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-18T14:36:55-05:000255 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
The Chief of the U.N.,Ban Ki-moon, issued a statement urging for protesters rights not to be violated:

"The Secretary-General calls on the authorities to ensure that the rights to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression are protected," U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric told reporters.

"He calls on all to exercise restraint, for law enforcement officials to abide by U.S. and international standards in dealing with demonstrators," Dujarric said. (Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

U.N. Chief Calls For Protection Of Rights In Ferguson Protests

Great, just what we need, the U.N. getting involved

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join