It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT'S SPREADING: Liberian dies in Morocco of Ebola

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

Oh yeah, The Smokies have the most annual visitors out of any US National park.

Plus TN is a bit closer to African standards, on topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

If 1 infected person was infecting 3000 people, then all of Africa would be dead by now.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The predictive models assume an unchecked contagion. So far, they're having some success checkiing it. So far.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thank you.
Im on my phone right now , but I will copy and paste the link into my browser later.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

If 1 infected person was infecting 3000 people, then all of Africa would be dead by now.

So you're saying it's innacurate ?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Following up with a question about people who are "not visibly sick" spreading the virus...

According to the WHOs website "a person with the virus is not contagious until symptoms appear."

Those symptoms are rapid and severe in their onset, so it's looking semi-safe to say that what you're suggesting is not the case: There is no big need for concern over people spreading the virus unwittingly/unbeknownst simply because by the time they do become contagious they will already be quite ill... Which again, takes the same procedure as any other virus.... Except yeah its Ebola and your likely screwed.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yea i have a feeling this is going to get worse. Not a doom guy really but we always think we know so much and are a pretty arrogant spices just because a scientists says this or that does not make it true they get stuff wrong 2. As far as cdc w.h.o and government in general nah they would never lie to use right? Just for an example the study on telling the masses about ufos they said the populace would panic and society would collapse.....Now what would you think would happen if they tell us the truth about Ebola has spread across the states ect.. food 4 thought..Oh and good post op thanks..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I agree with you Loam, we are not being told everything in the MSM. I have just discovered this article that has me raising both eyebrows.

Monsanto and Dept. of Defense help fund pharma company that could earn billions from Ebola treatment

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

If this doesn't alert people nothing will. We all know Monsanto has always had our best interest at heart. (sarcasim applied)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is the second time in history that Africa has been the birth place of incurable disease, HIV being the first and Now Ebola.

Ebola virus DNA is half Fungus. Want to kill it you need to use anti-fungals

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
Following up with a question about people who are "not visibly sick" spreading the virus...

According to the WHOs website "a person with the virus is not contagious until symptoms appear."

Those symptoms are rapid and severe in their onset, so it's looking semi-safe to say that what you're suggesting is not the case: There is no big need for concern over people spreading the virus unwittingly/unbeknownst simply because by the time they do become contagious they will already be quite ill... Which again, takes the same procedure as any other virus.... Except yeah its Ebola and your likely screwed.

Except that people sick end up in hospitals. Where there are people working, and they can get it.
With those symptoms, Ebola won't be the first thing that will be suspected. It will be a while before they quarantine the patient. So the staff gets it and take it home to their families. With some flu like symptoms, they are not going to rush to the hospital that fast.

I work in a hospital, and none of my coworkers are aware of this. I am wearing a mask now and they are laughing at me. I work in South France, where there is no border control, and immigrants from Morocco arrive each day by boat in Marseille.

This has great potential to spread through Europe. I personally think they should stop all international flights!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

originally posted by: Bluesma
I personally think they should stop all international flights!

But of course that wont happen. It's already probably too late. Not to mention there is still land and sea travel.

I guess we just have to wait and see how far this thing will go.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Reuters:

Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight

With West Africa's hospitals lacking trained staff, and international aid agencies already over stretched, the rising number of deaths among healthcare staff is shaking morale and undermining efforts to control the outbreak.

More than 100 health workers have been infected by the viral disease, which has no known cure, including two American medics working for charity Samaritan's Purse. More than half of those have died, among them Sierra Leone's leading doctor in the fight against Ebola, Sheik Umar Khan, a national hero.

"We're very worried, now that our leader has died from the same disease we've been fighting," said Jenneh, who asked for her real name not to be used. "Two of my very close nursing friends have also been killed ... I feel like quitting the profession this minute."

Which means this will get worse not better...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Actually, I think you've missed the point.

First, the government and media have attempted to mollify concerns that Ebola will fly into the country by saying we have people stationed at airports to look for sick people. Of course that doesn't work if you are infected, even if not contagious at the time, during the incubation period. The point is if you show no symptoms when you travel, you GET IN...only to later infect others when you do become most infectious.

Second, as the Sawyer case illustrates, some sick people will HIDE their illness for as long as possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Right, but I imagine that it's pretty difficult to hide that you have Ebola once symptoms begin, which was my point... Not arguing that there is potential for some serious spread, especially in light of such bad behavior and human error/deception...

But imagine if one WERE contagious before becoming symptomatic... If that were the case I'd be right there alongside the others counting down the 21 days to apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

But imagine if one WERE contagious before becoming symptomatic... If that were the case I'd be right there alongside the others counting down the 21 days to apocalypse.

No doubt. Fortunately, that appears not to be the case.

Although it still bugs me how many healthcare workers have contracted the disease. It seems unusually high. Not all of these guys were in remote facilities, which could mean they didn't get it from the patients they were treating, but rather others they were in contact with who had yet to display obvious symptoms.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Still nothing I can find. Amazing. Maybe cuz it's Saturday *eyeroll.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Still only thinking about the Economy I'm afraid.

Can hear them now: 'Oh, how will we cope?' 'What about our Economy?' 'How do we continue our Economical Growth?'

etc etc

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Truth be told, it is unrealistic. People would die from that decision alone.

Commerce isn't just about money. It's about food, medicines, clothing, etc...

edit on 2-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
More of the same.

Ebola patients 'refusing isolation' - Sierra Leone doctor (video)

Convincing patients to get treatment is the biggest task facing medical professionals trying to contain the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, a doctor in Sierra Leone says.

Dr Oliver Johnson also said persuading staff to work with him in the Ebola isolation unit in the capital Freetown was a challenge.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMAMOG
why cant they just suit up and stay that way with armed and suited guards have 1 suit delivered per house that person can collect food etc everyone else stay inside for 21 days sod it let the whole world hermit for 21 days with the lights off and see if aliens come down to have sticky beak

Beacuse there are so poor most of them can barely afford food!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join