It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT'S SPREADING: Liberian dies in Morocco of Ebola

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Aqualung2012

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
Yes, it's gonna spread. No, is not the zombie apocalypse.

Well, I don't think it's the zombie apocalypse either.

But I also don't think it's just another Monday

Fair enough, you did not say that. That was in the other thread, but you did say

God help us all

Which yeah... God, do please help us all. But SCIENCE helps too.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
wow more crazy stories coming out. By crazy I mean cray cray, what's with Sawyer's outburst and peeing on medical staff? Along with the "infected" breaking out of an isolation ward being discussed in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com.... They were vomiting, peeing and pooping every where and some escaped into the streets. Does Ebola drive people mad so they purposely spread the infection? It seams to be what is happening to me.

The virus can affect the central nervous system. Causing severe headaches, agitation, confusion, fatigue, seizures, and sometimes coma.

Certainly not a pleasant for those infected. Here's a list of the disease progress:

Primary Disease Symptoms:
• Abrupt onset of fever and chills with myalgia, malaise, and headache
• Multisystem involvement follows that includes prostration; nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and pancreatitis; chest pain, cough, and pharyngitis; vascular and neurologic manifestations.
• Around Day 5, most patients develop a maculopapular rash that is prominent on the trunk followed by desquamation in survivors.
• Central nervous system involvement is often manifested by somnolence, delirium, or coma. Wasting becomes evident later, and bleeding manifestations, such as petechiae and hemorrhages, occur in half or more of the patients.
• During the second week, the patient defervesces and improves markedly or dies in shock with multi-organ dysfunction, often accompanied by disseminated intravascular coagulation, anuria, and liver failure.
• Convalescence may be protracted and accompanied by arthralgia, orchitis, recurrent hepatitis, transverse myelitis, psychosocial disturbances, or uveitis.

Source
edit on 2-8-2014 by lonewolf2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Fair enough, you did not say that. That was in the other thread...

You must have me confused with someone else.

I haven't said this was the zombie apocalypse in any thread.

But SCIENCE helps too.

I completely agree....when politics and culture permit it to do so.

edit on 2-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I am mistaken but likely because I found the tones of both threads to be quite similar. Both applied African examples to countries with different standards, with SHOCKING results

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This may seem like a silly theory (most of mine are, what would you expect) but I wonder if that Malaysian Airlines plane that disappeared was carrying people with Ebola? Or the one in Ukraine? Governments might shoot them down and kill everyone to stop it spreading. I hope I don't upset or offend anyone by suggesting this as it is very distressing. I know that I have met a couple who died on the plane in Ukraine who lived locally here though I didn't 'know' them as such.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Which yeah... God, do please help us all. But SCIENCE helps too.

Screw science, it's done nothing to help this situation thus far. GOD help us all!

PS: I don't mean to offend the atheists etc, relax geeeeeze...... NVM, screw PC too.

S&F OP. Scary crap..
edit on 2-8-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

No worries.

It's easy to get confused with all of the Ebola threads flying around.

I'm not saying the end of the world is here. But I really bristle at the dismissive tone found in a lot of the MSM. By saying we have 'little' to worry about here, I think it potentially opens us up for some very unpleasant surprises.

Vigilance here...and action over there....is the order of the day, imo.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

K...

God and Science must unite and form

CAPTAIN PLANET!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Well truth be told...I'm not much of a 'god' person.

My use of the expression tends to be a bad cultural habit. But I don't look down on anyone who finds that phrase more meaningful.

ETA:

LOL. I just realized you were replying to someone else.

Nonetheless....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I'm not saying the end of the world is here. But I really bristle at the dismissive tone found in a lot of the MSM. By saying we have 'little' to worry about here, I think it potentially opens us up for some very unpleasant surprises.

Vigilance here...and action over there....is the order of the day, imo.

I agree completely. It IS friggen Ebola after all...
But leave it up to the MSM of course, to strain to retard the publics viewpoint on things, whether it be by exaggeration, dismissal, or sheer deception.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Have they stopped all outbound International flights from these countries? Have all African countries stopped outbound International passengers who have been to these three hot spot countries, of course not,

The reality is they know there is no stopping a true outbreak, is this it? Only time will tell and those here on ATS like yourself who are prepared to dig a little deeper than the mainstream media is permitted to spoon feed the masses.

Thanks for the effort.

Oh come on, do you not realize how much money the corporations and govts will lose if they isolate Africa? Obviously money is more important than the health of the planet.

end sarcasm.

You make a good point. The UK are transporting british ebola victims home with the Royal Navy, under strict quarantine. Problem is, do people know they have it when in the early stages, they will still travel of their own accord. If this does get worse then we will have to consider quarantining whole nation states.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

...leave it up to the MSM of course, to strain to retard the publics viewpoint on things, whether it be by exaggeration, dismissal, or sheer deception.

Indeed. All three really piss me off....which is why I spend so much damned time reading to see which of the three I'm dealing with.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

LOL that "someone else" was me.. Thank you for not looking down upon me. GOD help us!

I'm honestly not taking this lightly...but what can we do but pray and hope for the best? *clink*

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Well, I'm hoping for the best too.

But I can't help but feel we are just running behind this train.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

But I can't help but feel we are just running behind this train.

Yeah I feel it too.. I hope we're both wrong.

Chances are though, we are wrong!

ATS has a great track record of making sure Doomsday feelings/predictions etc are wrong.. Right? So we have that on our side.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I read somewhere that one infected person can indirectly infect up to three thousand people . Does anybody know how accurate this is?
If that figure is correct , then there are some scary times ahead

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

i was just thinking this earlier and a chilling thought came up...

were only always wrong until we get one right....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
I read somewhere that one infected person can indirectly infect up to three thousand people . Does anybody know how accurate this is?

If someone with Ebola peed in the pool at Dollywood it could possibly be even more

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

If someone with Ebola peed in the pool at Dollywood it could possibly be even more

I didn't know Dollywood was THAT popular . Lol

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

This explains it ... a litte: Link
edit on 8/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join