It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
a reply to: switchqm8

If this did get out into the general population it would def be the straw to break the camels back. It definatly does fit with all the FEMA camps and coffins they have been buying up on. What better way to get rid of a population hen wit some horrible virus.

Oh, you just had to make me think of the Georgia Guidstones, didn't you?!
Item #1: "MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE"

Let's all just forget that this stone slab of rules, which is shrouded in mystery in terms of it's beneficiary, resides slightly East of Atlanta.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Dammit Farley...you are sitting on the West Tx border. I'm more worried about you and Ebola and Chickenpox. Tonight on Greta/Fox she had border agents on who've come down with chickenpox, and their kids too, who've been going to school.

Scary times for us all...

Des

They have school this time of year?
Was it a rerun?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

As long as ATSers are ones that survive so I can still chat on line with everyone.

Seems that if a chemical in the strawberry stimulates the creation of virus fighting cells, strawberry shortcake should be on the menu just about now.
I like making up excuses to eat good stuff

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Summer schools, and the South has moved school start dates to August in many of the states. Plus, a lot of schools have preschool parent child teach conferences starting a week or two before actual school starts.

Des

edit on 31-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Are they doing the august thing because they get done earlier? Tornado season has been starting earlier in the spring lately, so maybe having the kids get off earlier would be better.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you live a couple hours from Emery, we may be neighbors?

There is much outrage on Twitter...
#ebola

Some of the concerns expressed:

Introducing a deadly pathogen to a continent that has never had a single incidence of it. (Edit: Never been in the Western Hemisphere.)

One of the patients, an American doctor known for meticulous adherence to safety protocols, managed to contract the disease thru his full Hazmat suit?

And this one, which reads like a joke but is anything BUT funny: "Let's see, they misplaced vials of Smallpox, exposed people to Anthrax... sure, let's give 'em a shot at Ebola!" (Of course, they're talking about the CDC and not Emery, but still...)

edit on 7/31/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

As long as ATSers are ones that survive so I can still chat on line with everyone.

Seems that if a chemical in the strawberry stimulates the creation of virus fighting cells, strawberry shortcake should be on the menu just about now.
I like making up excuses to eat good stuff

Please oh please let it be chocolate!!!

Ok, I'll compromise... strawberries dipped in chocolate work for you?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It's official. A West African Ebola Patient has been transferred to Emory Hospital in Atlanta. Just saw it on my local news. I live 2 hours drive from Emory Hospital.

Updated: 5:34 p.m. Thursday, July 31, 2014 | Posted: 2:12 p.m. Thursday, July 31, 2014
Ebola patient to be treated at Emory University Hospital

www.wsbtv.com...

Atlanta is also one of the only 3 cities that has direct flights from Africa to the United States. Will add links to story as the news hits the web.

The scary part is some of these people are with Franklin Granhams Samaritan’s Purse. They are coming home and there are about 60 of them. I have no idea if any of them have it.
Des

edit on 31-7-2014 by judydawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Summer schools, and the South has moved school start dates to August in many of the states. Plus, a lot of schools have preschool parent child teach conferences starting a week or two before actual school starts.
Des

Yep, didn't think about that. This is happening just as we prepare to assemble the germ-breeders (school kids) into overcrowded classrooms across the nation...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Those are great.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

People who don't live in Ga don't realize, the CDC is not God. Just a bunch of overworked and mostly underpaid people.

Allow me to add to that statement to clarify just how "safe" these people who deal with these diseases really are. I live in Atlanta and my EX-wife is a SUPERVISOR at the CDC who works every day with EBOLA and every other nasty thing you can imagine. Every day she has to go through wearing the "suit" and then go through the decontamination procedure before coming home.

Well, one day she gets home and I'm on the front porch to greet her. She reaches for the front doorknob to go inside and then she pauses, looks down at her feet, then looks up at me with a panic-stricken face...

SHE FORGOT TO CHANGE HER SHOES AND WAS WEARING THE SAME SHOES SHE WORE INTO THE DAMN LAB SHE HANDLES THOSE DISEASES IN!!!

She simply shook it off and said, "Well, there's nothing I can do about it now," and took her shoes off and left them outside on the porch. She went on the next day as if nothing had ever happened.

So with that said, all you people talking about how "safe" this is and how "professional" all these people are... no offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. These "professionals" are all HUMAN and they make mistakes ON A REGULAR BASIS. I'm sure it's not intentional, but by them knowingly bringing people infected with Ebola into the US, this is definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

As I said earlier, she is now my EX-wife. Living with her was just way too damn stressful!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Whether a good idea or not, there are two Ebola cases in the United States now for the first time. It is by choice to help them, but it is still two Ebola cases for the first time inside the US. It is with a strain which has already done things no one expected it to do.

If it becomes a 3rd or 4th case which isn't in total isolation for exposure to symptoms? I believe I'll explore the back country map for the best places tent camping may work through the winter. Isolation for a few months with a shortwave radio wouldn't be the worst idea if it somehow broke into the open here, as it has in Africa.

The good news is, Ebola burns itself out quickly enough once it breaks out. The bad news is how and why it does that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
CNN is saying the Americans being evacuated from Liberia will be the first in America with Ebola?

Patients will be 1st in U.S. with Ebola

The concern began just as news broke that a long-range business jet left the U.S. for Liberia, where it was to evacuate two Americans infected with Ebola. FULL STORY

CNN

ok i see the title is misleading
edit on 31-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the twitter link. I found this bit of info from your link. Considering we live so close to Emory...it's a short but must read from the EXPERTS. They take fear mongering to a new but expert level.

What I found most interesting from the link, was the CDC's quote that "Ebola is only a flight away from the U.S." How ironic...

Commentary

Novel Zaire Ebola Sub-Clade In Guinea and Sierra Leone
Recombinomics Commentary 22:30
July 29,

The Infectious Disease Initiative at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, which is part of the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Consortium, has released 84 complete or nearly complete Ebola sequences (at Genbank – EBOV_1 – EBOV_84 with accession numbers KM233035 – KM233118) from Sierra Leone patient collections between June 2 and June 12, 2014. These sequences follow the release of 14 Sierra Leone sequences by the same group sequencing samples collected on June 1.

Thus, they have made public 98 sequences from collections in the first 12 days in June, 2014. They are commended for the rapid release of these important sequences, which are closely related to three full sets of sequences from three Guinea cases collected in March, 2014 from two distinct locations, Gueckedou (Gueckedou-C05 and Gueckedou-C07) and Kissidougou (Kissidougou-C15).

All 101 sequences form a Zaire sub-clade which signals clonal expansion due to human to human transmission following a single introduction. These 101 sequences are easily distinguished from all other Zaire sub-clades, which have been associated with the largest number of reported Ebola outbreaks, including the previously most deadly outbreak in Yambuku, Zaire in 1976 (280 deaths in 318 cases), which was followed by the second most deadly outbreak, which was 19 years later in Kikwit, Zaire in 1995 (245 deaths in 317cases). The current outbreak, which is again 19 years later but in Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia, has already produced more reported deaths (672 deaths in 1201 cases) than the two earlier outbreaks combined and comments made in yesterday’s US CDC Ebola telebriefing suggests there is no end in sight.

The CDC telebriefing and Ebola HAN advisory comes after the death of a naturalized American who traveled to Lagos, Nigeria from Monrovia, Liberia and the hospitalization of two American healthcare workers, also in Liberia. The CDC had noted that Ebola was only one flight away from the United States, and the fatal case had planned on flying to Minnesota in two weeks for his daughter’s birthday.

The June Sierra Leone sequences have evidence of some drift from the March sequences from Guinea. A prior Zaire sub-clade, which was found in apes and a chimpanzee and was associated with an outbreak in Gabon in 2002 had strong evidence of recombination, which raises concerns of more evolution in the current sub-clade, which has produced a record number of reported Ebola cases and deaths.
www.recombinomics.com...

I like getting info from the horse's mouth. These scientist actually used material from people dying now in Africa. To show the current Ebola has mutated for more rapid human to human infection.

Des

edit on 31-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This totally makes sense, to me anyway...

Isn't the CDC in ATL? That is probably why they have an isolation unit like this at Emory.

I bet those nurses are drawing straws to decide who gets the Ebola guy. Sorry if that seems insensitive, just a little nurse humor. It's been a VERY long week and an even longer day.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Yes, in Atlanta. CDC and Emory Hospital are adjacent to each other. About 2 hours drive from me.

I hope the quarantine unit at Emory is very high tech, and there are backup people to oversee everyone leaving to make sure they have followed decontamination protocol to a T.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Am I reading your quote right? It's mutating? Evidence of recombination, which makes it even worse?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
CNN is saying the Americans being evacuated from Liberia will be the first in America with Ebola?

Patients will be 1st in U.S. with Ebola

The concern began just as news broke that a long-range business jet left the U.S. for Liberia, where it was to evacuate two Americans infected with Ebola. FULL STORY

CNN

ok i see the title is misleading

I don't know, I don't like that title. To say they are they 1st, has a sinister way of implying they won't be the only!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
This totally makes sense, to me anyway...

Isn't the CDC in ATL? That is probably why they have an isolation unit like this at Emory.

I bet those nurses are drawing straws to decide who gets the Ebola guy. Sorry if that seems insensitive, just a little nurse humor. It's been a VERY long week and an even longer day.

No doubt, considering they will be treating a doc who contracted this insidious disease while wearing a full HAZMAT suit.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Am I reading your quote right? It's mutating? Evidence of recombination, which makes it even worse?

Yes...you are.

Des

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join