It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA/NASA Caught With Their Pants Down On Global Warming Numbers...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Enough said IMO.....Science isn't very scientific anymore....or was it ever....

Ten now known scientific frauds...

Great Scientific Frauds

Ten Scientific Frauds that Rocked the World

edit on 24-6-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow...
Nice source...
Some guys blog...
Guys educational experience with meteorology = None...
Who is Steven Goddard

I have a Bachelor of Science in Geology and a Masters In Electrical Engineering

He's also been caught misinterpreting data before, and had to retract it.

Looks to me like Christopher Booker, the telegraph reporter, is simply grasping at straws to support the thesis of his book, and this is what he considers a “good source”.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Sorry for my first post being so offensive, I didn't realize how butt hurt some of you would get over my own logic. The only side I meant to take is against ProfessorChaos, who stated: "As I have always said to the Global Warming/ Climate Change believers: "Garbage In, Garbage Out". " I would have paid money to see this man with such big balls, say that to Dr. Carl Sagan who helped discover the greenhouse effect. If ProfessorChaos doesn't believe in Global Warming/ Climate Change and the greenhouse effect, which is a proven mechanism of physics, then I will not waste my time reading articles he post's.
edit on 24-6-2014 by Inexorable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just some more articles from the last few years that highlight the point of this thread:

www.judicialwatch.org...

www.judicialwatch.org...

rockcreekfreepress.tumblr.com...

climateaudit.org...

www.c2es.org...

www.climategate.com...

There's plenty more, but I'm sure that even after years of the above, NASA is still above all reproach, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

If both of these cars were the same price and available now, which car would be a more logical pick for the whole world to drive, Professor?

www.toyota.com...

www.toyota.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

(post by kismetpair927 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

He used to contribute to WUWT until even Wattsy got fed up with his errors and misrepresentation

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Cult? Believing in Man Made Global Warming, via listening to actual scientists and reading scientific reports does not make one a member of a cult. It makes one open minded and educated.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage, something that I believe it often overlooked, but does have a very large impact is Urban heat island.

In my opinion the majority of global warming can theoretically be explained due to this effect The incremental rises in global temperatures could be caused from urban centers that have grown on the same sort of exponential level that your temperature charts have.

Paving vast swaths of land to make parking lots and pouring billions of tons of concrete have in essence made what was once grasslands and forests giant heat sinks.

So even though someone may live miles away from a densely populated area, as the prevailing winds blow past the high rises and over the hot asphalt it will transfer that heat down wind. This also may explain strange weather patters, as you would have massive upwellings of hot air rising in to the atmosphere that wasn't there historically.

Looking at the Prevailing Westerlies, this hot, dry air rises up from of China, mixed with fine particulates from manufacturing/power generation then could mix with cool, moist air over the Pacific and could explain weather anomalies on the West coast. Likewise, this then gets recharged as the cool air from the Pacific again is fueled by the hot, dry air from West coat cities and continues across the Midwest to the East Coast.

Again, from the East Coast, it feeds storms/crazy things that hit Europe, whose Thermal Islands repeat the cycle for China...

Cyclic mixing action that takes place in the Gulf of Mexico from the Westerlies and Trade Winds could help explain why hurricanes have gotten stronger, as the Southeast has become very built up. The hot air rolls off to the East, fuels low pressure systems that then create storms that are pushed back on to land via the Trade Winds.

Opinions?

edit on 24-6-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ... ( March 2007 )

Warming On Jupiter, Mars, Pluto, Neptune's Moon & Earth Linked to Increased Solar Activity, Scientists Say

To my knowledge, that's been disproven:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
NGO and government paid scientists say that the climate is causing an event requiring more NGO and governmental power.

The Event is warmer temperatures following the little ice age. Isn't everything going to be warmer compared to a little ice age?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ... ( March 2007 )

Warming On Jupiter, Mars, Pluto, Neptune's Moon & Earth Linked to Increased Solar Activity, Scientists Say

To my knowledge, that's been disproven:

The whole solar system could be moving through warmer outer space.

or a changing gravity gradient.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate
The article is claiming that its due to solar activity, which has not changed.
I believe that we have/are going through some area of the galaxy with more dust however.

The number of interstellar dust grains increased from four per day, per meter in 1997 to 12 per day in 2000, Landgraf said. The results were announced earlier this month. He expects the rate to stay constant until 2005, and then increase by another factor of 3 prior to 2013.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Those companies employ scientists to develop their producst, and they pay for scientists to do studies for them so they can effectively fight back against government over-reach or better sell their products.

The government takes the money it takes in and employs a plethora of scientists across many fields for many reasons. Every department in the bureaucracy employs scientists for one reason or another to do studies and research.

Scientists and academia get money both from their publically (tax money) funded Unis and from government (more tax money) grants they apply for.

In the end, all the money we shell out to various entities for various reasons winds up having the possibility to pay a scientist to do research. Very few of them fund themselves on their own dime earned doing something else.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Phage, something that I believe it often overlooked, but does have a very large impact is Urban heat island.
What makes you think it's overlooked? Quite the contrary as a matter of fact, the effects of heat islands on localized heating as well as large scale warming are actually considered quite carefully. In fact, they don't ignore them. They look at them closely and have found that there is virtually no difference in temperature anomalies determined from rural locations and urban locations. Interesting though, that the greatest amount of warming is seen in the Arctic and other sparsely populated high latitude regions. Not a lot of socioeconomic activity in the Arctic. Interesting, the eastern seaboard (a hub of socioeconomic activity) has seen a cooling trend. Interesting that vast areas of the ocean show a warming trend.
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Looking at the Prevailing Westerlies, this hot, dry air rises up from of China, mixed with fine particulates from manufacturing/power generation then could mix with cool, moist air over the Pacific and could explain weather anomalies on the West coast.
When hot dry air rises it becomes cool dry air and it does so at a rate dependent upon how hot it is in comparison to the surrounding air. The hotter it is, the faster it rises and it usually doesn't take long to reach a state of equilibrium where its temperature matches that of the surrounding air. Yes, you get thermals. No, they don't drift across the ocean.

Cyclic mixing action that takes place in the Gulf of Mexico from the Westerlies and Trade Winds could help explain why hurricanes have gotten stronger, as the Southeast has become very built up.
It's not really clear if hurricanes have gotten stronger but since they are powered by heat from the ocean, I don't think heat islands would have much influence.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

C02 is not the main culprit, water vapor is, but they cant regulate that seeing how the oceans are full of it.

Is your hypothesis that the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere has been rising and thereby causing the current warming trend? CO² is the second largest contributor.

Source - Evans, 2006

Wavelengths of infrared radiation reaching the ground as measured with high-resolution FTIR spectroscopy. Water vapor has been filtered out. Water vapor is in fact responsible for something like 60-70% of the "greenhouse effect." However, CO² is responsible for approximately 20-25%. The amount of water vapor the atmosphere will hold is largely a function of temperature and so rising CO² levels cause increased temperature, leading to more water vapor in the atmosphere and thereby further increasing the temperature, amplifying the effect of CO².

more CO² -> increased temperature -> more water vapor -> increased temperature

You are correct that it's believed that during the Cretaceous, atmospheric CO² peaked at several times what it is now. The average global temperature was also considerably warmer than it is now. What's your point? Did we evolve in the Cretaceous? I guess drastic global warming would be good news for a Stegosaurus, but not so much for a human.

... and since this is after all, ATS:

Hell, maybe an ancient race of time travelling reptilians from the Cretaceous, we'll call them the Kochians, have returned to terraform the Earth to a climate more suitable for their own species?!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Interesting though, that the greatest amount of warming is seen in the Arctic and other sparsely populated high latitude regions. Not a lot of socioeconomic activity in the Arctic.

Isn't the Artic warming trend more to due with O-zone depletion in that area rather than any connections to population?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Isn't the Artic warming trend more to due with O-zone depletion in that area rather than any connections to population?

No. Ozone depletion doesn't have much of an effect on temperatures.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Science has seldom been understood or held in the regard it deserves except by those who have an understanding of what it is (an is not). Science has never been without internal an external controversy.

Kind of sounds like ......."lets stick together and all sing the same song"

Wash / Rinse / and repeat for as long as it takes.
Otherwise they will be looking for work and it won't pay all that good.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join