It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jindal Says Rebellion Brewing Against Washington

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

The shooters in Las Vegas went about it the wrong way, for sure, but I completely understand what led them to such an extreme action.

Ummmm...what???

I don't understand at all what would lead anyone to such an extreme action.

Tell me, what exactly is the right way to go about it?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: smithjustinb

The shooters in Las Vegas went about it the wrong way, for sure, but I completely understand what led them to such an extreme action.

Ummmm...what???

I don't understand at all what would lead anyone to such an extreme action.

Tell me, what exactly is the right way to go about it?

For one, if I wanted to start a revolution, I wouldn't pick out a random cop and kill him. I would pick out a known criminal who was guilty of a crime against human freedom by abusing power, but whose sentence was unjust. For two, I would have the support of a large group of the population beforehand, rather than shooting some people and hoping I would get a following after.

But, I don't believe retaliation of this nature is necessary at this time. Right now, I believe that peaceful protesting and corresponding with key political powers could get us the reform that is needed. That is, of course, if we could stop electing those that are for big government.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Quick quiz...Who said the following

"...stand beside the constitution of the United States with drawn sword. ....are ready to stand, even at the expense of life itself, as Crocket, Bowie and Houston stood in Texas, for individual liberty and freedom, for the right of the people to govern themselves."

A. Bobby Jindal 2014
B. Strom Thurmond 1948

Hint, it wasn't Bobby. ....but both are from the South.... and Bush/Cheney etal thought that sectarian divisions in Iraq wouldn't fester? Hell, they never noticed that there were hard feelings a hundred years after their own country's civil war...."armed rebellion" still rides...and plays well on certain stages

originally posted by: Kali74
As long as we have corporate funded politicians we are going to have crap like this.

Yes. Movements in America have come from OUTSIDE politics, pushing politicians. Since 1980, the assumption has been that voting (for example, according to "voters guides" distributed among church members) would effect change. ...lol in a way it has, as those elected ignored the economic needs of the middle class....With increasing stranglehold of money either directly in Washington (lobbyists) or dark money, even electing an outsider to Congress is like throwing a clean clothing item into dirty laundry water. The item gets dirty, and the water stays dirty.

Citizens must organize together OUTSIDE of politics and not become absorbed into either party.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join