It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jindal Says Rebellion Brewing Against Washington

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So first off - token, hackneyed ATS disclaimer - I did a search and (to my vast surprise) didn't see this posted anywhere yet:

Jindal Says Rebellion Brewing Against Washington

That's surprising because some of the stuff Jindal says feels like it could've been scripted right here on ATS:

"I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States," Jindal said, "where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren."

I'm listening...

"I am tired of the left. They say they're for tolerance, they say they respect diversity. The reality is this: They respect everybody unless you happen to disagree with them," he said. "The left is trying to silence us and I'm tired of it, I won't take it anymore."

And we're done here...

Sounded like Bobby was maybe going to say something actually interesting and provacative for a second, but oops looks like he immediately reduced it to the same old divisive, whiney, fear-mongering rhetoric about "us vs them". Wonder why?

Jindal spoke at the annual conference hosted by the Faith and Freedom Coalition, a group led by longtime Christian activist Ralph Reed. Organizers said more than 1,000 evangelical leaders attended the three-day gathering. Republican officials across the political spectrum concede that evangelical voters continue to play a critical role in GOP politics.

Ok so that explains it - just more pandering to the ideological extremists. But it's interesting that these Republican candidates keep doubling down on this strategy. Even after the (supposedly) most "radically, extremely liberal, ideological"/"incompetent" President won a second term by mopping the floor with Mitt Romney, prompting Bobby Jindal himself to say:

"We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults," he said. "We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."

Jindal: GOP must stop being 'stupid party'

It seems they're right back to dialing up the crazy talk. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish with it, because they're certainly not going to win more independents this way.

So considering some of the strong language used above, and recent events like the whole Bundy ranch militia-palooza - I'm starting to wonder if they are just giving up on working their agendas in through actual democracy, and planting the seeds for serious "rebellion" and "hostile takeover"??

Interesting times ahead.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The cat makes this worth a S&F for sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

No matter whom says what from either side these days. The only way anything is going to change is if We the People get off our collective asses, and vote every self serving career politician out of office.

David Brat, with his shocker of an ousting of Eric Cantor, was a first step in the right direction...

Get out and VOTE people. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying guns for a hostile take over of Washington DC.

ETA: The cat gets my vote too Ricky...

Des

edit on 22-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nice of the politician to tell us what time it is.
Does he not realize he is on a playing card deck?
Nice of the feds to mass produce that idea for us.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am sure there is an Uncle Samael somewhere looking exactly like that cat, but sharpening a bayonette also saying the old cliche to those who might feel hostile enough to try something so foolish, I can imagine the caption, "if you feel froggy, then leap" maybe Kermit can be the poster child, for those not fully prepared to follow all the way through on militia or anarchist wet dreams, they will be nothing but cannon or drone fodder, it might not even come to that, I am sure they will use microwave, heat or sound scalar weapons on any fools within distance, since the average wannabee militiamen probably have no F16's no heavy artillery batteries or anything to march into the military district of Washington it will remain fantasy, just my opinion, unless it is allowed to happen to kick off one way tickets to FEMA land.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
""Jindal Says Rebellion Brewing Against Washington""

He would be correct.

Especially with this:

"I am tired of the left. They say they're for tolerance, they say they respect diversity. The reality is this: They respect everybody unless you happen to disagree with them," he said. "The left is trying to silence us and I'm tired of it, I won't take it anymore."

Democrats all to often churn their propaganda with references to the *opposite* of their true intentions and agendas.

One oddity is their public downplay of religious groups that are routinely attacked as "Right Wing" all while seeming to ignore major Democrat voting blocks that are heavily "religious". SCLC for one, and the Latino blocks that are primarily Catholic, just to name two popular groups.

Also downplayed is the heavy Democrat voting blocks in the compartmentalized cities that have extremely high crime in Democrat districts.

Strange psy-ops.

And now we have Democrats "criticizing" somebody else for doing exactly what Democrats do because the ultra-Progressives don't like "competition" do they.

But yes, Jindal was addressing a "focused" crowd.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

I imagine the regime that would be set up, were the milita's to somehow succeedl, would be one under the control of oligarchial late-commers, who would basically re-establish, and further-entrench oligarchal control.

a reply to: xuenchen
lol; what obvious bait.
edit on 22-6-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Didn't you hear...the revolution started in Las Vegas at that Walmart shooting.

Didn't you see all the support those two revolutionaries got???

Yeah, I didn't either...because people who want a revolution are looked at as crazy...for good reason too.

Jindal is just as crazy as them.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

No matter whom says what from either side these days. The only way anything is going to change is if We the People get off our collective asses, and vote every self serving career politician out of office.

David Brat, with his shocker of an ousting of Eric Cantor, was a first step in the right direction...

Get out and VOTE people. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying guns for a hostile take over of Washington DC.

You are 100% wrong.........Sorry. The only way things will change is if people lose everything. When people can no longer afford food and housing this and only this will bring real change.

All the rest is pie in the sky. Don't believe me......Look back over the past 4 years and ask yourself how many stories and scandals have come and gone.

One last thing anyone making under 15 dollars and hour is going to be screwed in the next few years due to inflation. Had to add the last part because this really will bring change.

edit on 22-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
I am sure there is an Uncle Samael somewhere looking exactly like that cat, but sharpening a bayonette also saying the old cliche to those who might feel hostile enough to try something so foolish, I can imagine the caption, "if you feel froggy, then leap" maybe Kermit can be the poster child, for those not fully prepared to follow all the way through on militia or anarchist wet dreams, they will be nothing but cannon or drone fodder, it might not even come to that, I am sure they will use microwave, heat or sound scalar weapons on any fools within distance, since the average wannabee militiamen probably have no F16's no heavy artillery batteries or anything to march into the military district of Washington it will remain fantasy, just my opinion, unless it is allowed to happen to kick off one way tickets to FEMA land.

Let's entertain this scenario for a minute, because it sure beats the usual political riff-raff that sucks all life out of ATS -
I think if some of these Republican leaders really did try to incite an armed rebellion, they wouldn't be foolish enough to actually depend on these fringe militias and extremists for military might. I mean I'm sure many of them are disgruntled vets who know how to shoot a rifle and all, but they certainly don't stand much of a chance against a fleet of drones, etc.

The puppeteers would simply use these people as their bannermen, carrying the Gadsden flag, as justification for staging a military coup. The real fight would be behind the scenes for control of the drones themselves, and whatever other gadgets exist in a vault somewhere.

Who knows what sort of backroom alliances already exist in this department? I imagine the military-industrial complex is heavily neocon anyway, so it's probably not much of a stretch to think this frightening scenario is possible.

The tricky part would be convincing the American people that such a coup is in their best interests, for liberty and freedom and all that BS, and not just some 3rd world style power grab.

The thing is though, for that - unlike democracy - you don't need a majority. You just need enough organized yahoos and sock puppets to keep the rest of the majority unorganized, confused and subdued until the deed is done.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Didn't you hear...the revolution started in Las Vegas at that Walmart shooting.

Didn't you see all the support those two revolutionaries got???

Yeah, I didn't either...because people who want a revolution are looked at as crazy...for good reason too.

For good reason? Its not crazy that people want things like the following to stop happening in the land of the free.

The shooters in Las Vegas went about it the wrong way, for sure, but I completely understand what led them to such an extreme action. America is on a dark path. That is, the path of big government. That is, the liberal way.

If you can sit there and watch those videos and say there's nothing wrong with America, and say that nothing needs to be done about it, up to and including revolution, if that's what it takes, you are a sheep and you are the crazy one. People who want a revolution are the ones who are paying attention.
edit on 22-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
For any Legal Legitamy, said Revelution must be full supported, and backed by, 2 (two) of the following branches of existing Government.

or its a Coup.

and the Constitution is Null and Void,, rendering said protections, obsolete.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It ain't just Washington, Bobby. The rebellion is brewing against you too.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well the evil Sith lord does need to be taken down.

But then again this country doesn't have any Luke Skywalkers, or Han Solo's or Princess Leaia's.

Simple fact the Republic has already fallen.

'Waves hand' this is not the rebellion your looking for young jedi.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well the evil Sith lord does need to be taken down.

But then again this country doesn't have any Luke Skywalkers, or Han Solo's or Princess Leaia's.

Wait.

The Ewoks will save Humanity !!!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Des

the problem with voting is that no matter who gets elected, we just get 'more of the same'

the bureaucracy needs a more serious wake-up call

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Same old BS, the Dems want big government, the Repubs want big profits, no matter the cost. NO ONE with a lick of common sense is willing to sit down and find the middle ground. They would all rather stay divided, and blame it on class, or race, or political party, than actually get out from behind their keyboards, and off the dead asses, and try to do something to make this country better. Pro-choice vs Pro Life, pro gay marriage vs pro traditional marriarge, and ever other issue dividing this country, the answer for all of these issues is in the middle, and most are too concerned with the Kardashians to even see that.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

originally posted by: phinubian

Let's entertain this scenario for a minute, because it sure beats the usual political riff-raff that sucks all life out of ATS -
I think if some of these Republican leaders really did try to incite an armed rebellion, they wouldn't be foolish enough to actually depend on these fringe militias and extremists for military might. I mean I'm sure many of them are disgruntled vets who know how to shoot a rifle and all, but they certainly don't stand much of a chance against a fleet of drones, etc.

The puppeteers would simply use these people as their bannermen, carrying the Gadsden flag, as justification for staging a military coup. The real fight would be behind the scenes for control of the drones themselves, and whatever other gadgets exist in a vault somewhere.

Who knows what sort of backroom alliances already exist in this department? I imagine the military-industrial complex is heavily neocon anyway, so it's probably not much of a stretch to think this frightening scenario is possible.

The tricky part would be convincing the American people that such a coup is in their best interests, for liberty and freedom and all that BS, and not just some 3rd world style power grab.

The thing is though, for that - unlike democracy - you don't need a majority. You just need enough organized yahoos and sock puppets to keep the rest of the majority unorganized, confused and subdued until the deed is done.

Tell me again how the drones are winning in Afghanistan,I`ll wait.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Slightly off the topic of armed insurrection is the root of the problem. As long as we have corporate funded politicians we are going to have crap like this. Idiots fomenting hatred while they screw all of from the boardrooms. All government positions these days is just an entry level job to something ridiculously lucrative after. Strictly public funding of politicians would go a long way to curbing this nonsense. Tax payer funded elections, campaigns, decent pay and benefit packages with a decent retirement package and barring from getting a corporate job after office... would ensure representation of the people. Politics would be a lot less divisive then.

Good to see you

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Right, agreed in full!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join