It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And apparently, like most of nay-sayers on this forum you really don't have much to offer to the discussion other than your snippy close-mindedness.

I am telling you, I would have found this crazy too, but suddenly discovering all of this is like stepping into the twilight zone.

Are you a quantum physicist? No? Didn't think so. Neither am I, but spending a little time actually thinking about it rather than outright dismissing everything lead me to some more information about quantum physics and the possibilities of parallel universes.

Many quantum physicists believe that there are parallel universes. That's fact. There's a theory that's been going around since the 50's, called the Many Worlds theory. That is by simply measuring a quantum object, they actually create a rip in the universe, duplicating it. It goes on to theorize that any action taken can create another universe.

Say you nearly drowned once, but something saved you. In another universe, you didn't get saved. You're dead. You play russian roulette. After two clicks, you decide you like life and want to keep on living and don't want to press your chances. In two other universes, you died. In yet another, you decide that you do want to keep pulling the trigger. The universe splits off from there as well. In yet another universe, you merely thought about playing russian roulette, but decided against it.

Some parallel universes are only slightly different while others are very different.

String Theory goes on to suggest that these parallel universes can come actually into contact with one another.

Now, I don't know how it fits into currently accepted quantum physics, but I've long had my own theory that apparently some people share. That is that many paranormal phenomenons can be caused by a bleed through. One universe bleeds into the next. In that universe, those things exist. Maybe some beings can somehow do this at will. Perhaps sometimes it's only temporary. And other times, it's permanent.

It's possible that our universe collided with yours which nibbled off bits of it... mainly us. Like how our solar system apparently isn't even from the Milky Way. We're from the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy that's currently being eaten up by the Milky Way. Google it if you don't believe me.

So, can you admit that it's at least possible that we're all telling the truth? Sure, maybe we all have the exact same 'glitch' in our brain. Somehow. Along with more 'glitches' that make us mistake other things; that completely different people also have exactly the same memory of without prior consultation. Most people probably dismiss it as faulty memory and don't investigate it further. There may be a lot more of us out there.
At some point, things become more than mere coincidence.

If you're trying to assert that I'm a delusional ignoramus-- don't. Because I'm not.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Prysm

Choosy moms choose jif.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Prysm

Hi Prysm, and other members of the 'steiner' club.

If you've read the entire thread, you know that someone has argued us all basically into non-participation.

You will also know that a lot of us are still feeling as stunned about this, as when we first discovered it.
Still no explanation that makes sense, but hard to let go of.

Thank you for bringing it back. Reading about your 'shock & awe' is reminding me how I felt initially. It was literally like waking up and seeing my own name spelled wrong. jacigirl.....no....it just looks WRONG!

Just waned to send you a little support, from a staunch supporter lol.

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thanks!

Yeah, it's very frustrating.
I also think a lot of people have started to join this forum just to ridicule people. There's too much close-mindedness on a forum that's dedicated to the unknown... Is there some kind of rule that if you post a certain number of posts that are just plain derogatory or completely irrelevant to a thread, you get banned? Because if there isn't, there should be. I'm sure it would help get rid of the trolls...

It's honestly scary. It leaves you wondering just what else has changed. What happened to the 'us' from the previous dimension? Does our previous dimension even exist anymore? Yikes.

What I've posted above is my best guess as to what's going on.
Of course, I could be totally wrong.

I think maybe we, as humans, have messed up... I dunno, the space-time continuum with all of those particle accelerators, toying with quantum particles and the like. Maybe the Philadelphia Experiment too... still on the fence about that case.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

There's been plenty of explanations. Most people like the "I'm not wrong" one the best.

Again, explain people spelling the name wrong while looking at the book...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

There's been plenty of explanations. Most people like the "I'm not wrong" one the best.

Again, explain people spelling the name wrong while looking at the book...

ray,
No offense...but I gave up arguing with you months ago.

I believe we are experiencing something that we don't have the capacity to understand, at this point.
I'm fine with that.

jacy

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But we do have the capacity to understand it...the scientific studies have been posted. Not just anecdotal studies like the ad-hoc one I performed, but legitimate peer reviewed studies have been linked. The people saying it's something we can't understand, or who dive into Quantum Mechanics far over their head (keep in mind this all started as a hoax by a guy jokingly explaining away his wrong memory), are ignoring the easier and more logical explanations of how our minds play tricks on us, especially with memory.

The very people who look towards Quantum Mechanics ignore the fact that if there are multiple universes and if they came into contact with each other they would destroy each other. This was even outlined by the original author of the hoax.

I remember Berenstain correctly, mainly due to a conversation I had with my mother at a young age when I was reading the books to my brother. My mom pronounced it styne to me and I pronounced it steen to my brother. My brother SWEARS it was spelled Berensteen but he now accepts he remembered it wrong. My pronunciation ruined his memory. My bad...

When we were both between 5 and 8 we have different memories of the same things. In my memory our "tree house" was only 3-4 feet off the ground. He remembers it was taller than our dad (6'2"ish). Guess what, he was right. We found pictures of it and sure enough it is at least 6-7 feet off the ground. However, even after seeing pictures I still can't picture it more than 3-4 feet off the ground because I have memories of climbing into it without the ladder...Perhaps I used something to stand on? Who knows, but clearly my memory is wrong. I also thought the "shed" we used to jump off of was a shed, roughly 6x6 and 6-7 feet high? My brother thought the same thing. Holy Moly was I shocked to see it was a full freaking barn. It was about 20 feet long and 10-14 feet high. We would jump off into piles of hay...how stupid of us in hind sight; However my sisters who were older than us clearly remember those details correctly. But guess what....they remember BerenstYne and thought it was spelled Berenstein. They were all too close in age to read it to each other, so they only had the memories of having them read to them or maybe reading them on their own.

They got their memory from how my mother pronounced it (outlined earlier in the thread). My mother remembers it spelled Stain, but thought it was pronounced StYne as it seemed like a German or Jewish name. So the sisters who got that pronunciation remember it spelled one way, and my brother who got another remembers it spelled another way.

It isn't really difficult to explain, people just want to make it difficult so they don't have to call into question the integrity of their memory.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hey ray!
I absolutely understand what you're saying.
I do know all about faulty memories. When I have one, I always will admit I was wrong.

I'm not typically an argumentative person. I don't need to be 'right' about everything.

I don't even know how to explain this...this feeling I have.
I don't believe that science can explain everything. In fact, I think there's a lot about this world that hasn't been explained.

This 'phenomena' CAN be explained away, but I'm not satisfied with the answer, lol. I just think there's more to it than that. I'm very firmly attached to the memory of 'stein'...as are many others. I know it sounds crazy and stubborn, I really do. I am not trying to be difficult. But if you are having this experience, you want to talk to other people who are having it too. We are all weirded out by how vehemently we are denying the 'stain' spelling.
But it just looks wrong.

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I keep coming back to check and see if people are still talking about this. It is still absolutely blowing my mind as well!

Has anybody seen the movie "Coherence"? I think the premise of this movie could somewhat explain what we are experiencing. It's wild to think that there are other versions of us out there somewhere.

While trying to research into this I came across several opinions that John Titor is involved in some sort of time travel and possibly changed history in some way. I have no idea how this would tie into our dilemma (dilemna lol)....but check this out:
steins-gate.wikia.com...

John Titor Steins Gate
WTH

I don't know. It is just crazy that everyone who I ask about the spelling of the stupid bears all remember what I remember-StEin.

I'm not here to argue with anyone either but I do find it somewhat amusing that people will comment in this thread that vehemently disagree and will tell all of us that we are wrong. Why are you even here? Why do you care? I don't go perusing websites just to comment on things that I have absolutely no interest. Makes you wonder who exactly is behind the keyboard...
edit on 20-2-2015 by Hattish1 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So this is weird...

qft.physik.hu-berlin.de...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hattish1

While trying to research into this I came across several opinions that John Titor is involved in some sort of time travel and possibly changed history in some way. I have no idea how this would tie into our dilemma (dilemna lol)....but check this out:
steins-gate.wikia.com...

John Titor Steins Gate

Wow...weird. A quote from that link: "They come to the conclusion that Rintarou has a special ability, the Reading Steiner, which allows him to mantain his memories when a world is reconstructed."

The 'Reading Steiner'...?
Maintain his memories...when a world is reconstructed...?

Thanks for that Hattish! Just when you thought it couldn't get any stranger, lol.

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yes, fan fiction pertaining to a hoax definitely gives this onion more layers...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

lol...here we go again.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Strange indeed!!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

Those were some of the first books I read learning to read so I recall vividly my parents and teacher pronouncing them as -stein. Do not remember them being -stain, ever. I had seen one of them recently in a little carousel of books near the grocery check out before seeing this post, really wish I had paid attention to what it had said. Weird if it had said -stein and after reading the topic here the books changed to -stain.

Also I distinctly remember Billy Graham passing away as did my girlfriend. I remember seeing it on the cover of the local newspaper as the major headline along with a memorial service televised.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PaidShill

Key word in your post: pronounced.

That seems to be where the collective dissonance comes into play.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Someone reset The Matrix and made an error in the coding

An interesting theory.

It's the same when you hear of a celebrity that died and were absolutely certain that this had been announced before on television. From time to time, you hear of someone famous dying, it's all over the news. Then you think to yourself "I was SURE they died years ago", and find old news articles referencing their death.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Been a while since I posted any of my insanity. Having tried to let all this go and just live life, things pop up that I have to fact check and I am pulled right back in.

Something I would like to mention, I have a decent sized crowd of people I know personally that I question about my false memories. The crowd I find the most interesting happen to be the ones that remember things the “correct way”. When I fist started asking people about the memories I had that were wrong, that crowd seemed to be steadfast indicators of reality, then I discovered something…

Reading over the internet looking for answers, I see many examples of Mandela Effect type memories I do not share, when I started asking the people I assumed had no false memories about these topics and examples I started getting mixed results. They had a hard time believing that certain things never existed or how events unfolded. Then, I found a few that seemed to be a shared false memory with both sides.

I got the best results from the “Stainers” with: Men and women have the exact same amount of ribs. (Women do not have an extra rib.) BMW not being British motor works. (Bavarian Motor Works in this reality) There are several others I have had some interesting results with.

For quite some time I was waiting this phenomenon out to see if it started to show it’s self in publicly huge ways, it has, Brian Williams and several other public figures have started down this rabbit hole. They could have been complete liars, to me, it’s hard to believe people in political and media positions would make up such stories (easily fact checked situations). Why did it take so long for these “false” stories to come to light?

Common knowledge errors are popping up in movies, TV, books, news articles and in general conversations I have in person. Why because the people don’t assume they have to fact check things they know well. When the errors are pointed out, you get 16 reasons and three good excuses why it was easy mistake. I pay a lot of attention to what people say and watch/listen for certain subjects to come up, for those people that assume this is all a bunch of bull, my opinion…you just have not found the glitch in something you are absolutely sure about.

One last thing I would like to mention, off and on I will look up something to see if there is any new information. Not false memory oriented starting out (just an old curiosity)…While reading a random site that mentioned Bruce Lee, it reminded me to look up his son Brandon again, to see if there was anymore info on his death. They now have a detailed account of how the bullet was accidentally loaded into the gun that killed him.

en.wikipedia.org...

When last I checked, details about the incident were sketchy. I was happy to find better details. For many years I just assumed they were not releasing details for a reason, possibly a criminal investigation. What I noticed on the sidebar after reading the info about his death was what bothers me now. I remember Bruce Lee and his wife Linda had two sons, Brandon and Jason Scott. The side bar now shows Bruce and Linda had a son and a daughter, Brandon and Shannon. I remember seeing interviews with Jason Scott when he played in the movie Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story talking about playing his dad in the film. Not to mention all the other reasons I remember Bruce and his two sons.

I jumped on Google to see if Jason Scott Lee still existed …He does.
en.wikipedia.org...

Note that article does not list his parents names…Googled around and found mentions of Bruce’s wife Linda talking about her SONS…Plural, and many people remembering two sons. Found mention of Jason Scott possibly being the illegitimate child of Bruce with the waitress he dated when he first came to America. Just threw that in there, just something I have issue with like the Lindbergh baby.

Sorry for the long post.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I definitely have to put my two cents in on this one. It's been on my mind all morning.
So, before I left for work, I was making my usual rounds on the web, and came across this story through Strangerdimensions.com (fascinating material throughout the site, give it a look). They had their own article about it, and provided a link to the blog this seems to be originating from.
I read these books as a child. My mother read them to me. They were one of my favorite book series. I must say, I also fall into this paradox seemingly. I CLEARLY remember the books being Berenstein as opposed to Berenstain. This is almost disturbing in a way. Either this is some sort of bizarre brain memory mechanism that I, and clearly many others, have experienced, or there is something beyond time and space occurring here. If it is the latter of the two possibilities, countless questions arise. Who, or what could've caused this? Why did it happen? Is this evidence of time travel affecting minor, yet noticeable aspects of our reality? Also, I have to look into the Nelson Mandela bit because I'm not aware of that particular topic. Anyways...man this is really damn weird!!! I can only be certain of one thing: This story is going to lead me further down a rabbit hole that I have clearly only skimmed the opening of. Ha

Have a great day guys. ALSO, if anyone can provide any other examples of this phenomena, ANYTHING at all that you could categorize as being remotely similar, DO SHARE! I'm going to take the time to read through as much of this thread as I can when I'm finished work at 3 today. I really look forward to what could be lurking in the fabric of my reality, so to speak. Also, here's the link to the story that eventually lead me to the blog of origin, and then to me searching for this topic on my beloved ATS: www.strangerdimensions.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I saw that theory a couple of months ago, then about a month ago I was watching an old movie from the 70's or 80's and they made a reference, clearly saying STEIN. I realize this account is pretty worthless without providing the name of the movie. Now that I am running into discussion on this subject again I am very upset that I can't remember what the film was.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join