It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We even remember wondering how to pronounce it!

Based on how you thought it was spelled.

I'm not picking on you, just trying to show you something. Earlier in the thread you were calling Kangaruex4Ewe, "Reux".

I asked you why and you said

Kangareux4ewe

I call her Reux for short.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you not see the error yet?

edit on 4-10-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: cap an e

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

We even remember wondering how to pronounce it!

Based on how you thought it was spelled.

I'm not picking on you, just trying to show you something. Earlier in the thread you were calling Kangaruex4Ewe, "Reux".

I asked you why and you said

Kangareux4ewe

I call her Reux for short.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you not see the error yet?

In her name...kanga...reux...4ewe, there is reux. I thought it sounded cute and started calling her reux.

As for wondering how to pronounce Berenstein based on how I thought it was spelled...NO, no, no! It was what I saw. it was stein, not stain.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

In her name...kanga...reux...4ewe

Read... it... again. Kanga...rUEx...4Ewe, not rEUx.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

There are zero books with stein on them. You are wrong.

Also, just going through my posts in this thread I am one of the only ones posting scientific information...
edit on 4-10-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No, your brain auto corrected it for you because Reux is the correct french way to spell that sound and the way English speakers would know it to be spelled.

Are you seeing how this works yet?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

In her name...kanga...reux...4ewe

Read... it... again. Kanga...rUEx...4Ewe, not rEUx.

OH, I see. Ok, that's fine, I messed up on that one. You're right. But a memory, a clear memory is different.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

No, your brain auto corrected it for you because Reux is the correct french way to spell that sound and the way English speakers would know it to be spelled.

Are you seeing how this works yet?

In this instance yes, I see you are right, but Berenstein was read as a child and I had no idea what a common spelling of such a name would be.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Your memory can only be as accurate as your observation. Your memory would have always been 'reux' if it weren't pointed out. Same thing with 'stein'.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Something like ruex/reux can easily be mistaken. A child hood memory of something like Berenstein when it should have been Berenstain? Why would we as kids ask how it is pronounced, stine or steen? The stain part is so easy to pronounce. Why as children didn't we make fun of the stain part? Believe me, my friends and I would have made fun of that for sure.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You pronounced it styne or steen though. When recalling the memory your brain spelled it stein as that is how you thought it should have been spelled.

I have posted several scientific studies on how your brain can change physical memories.

Dae

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Right then! So I have a moment. I was in another thread about Agenda 2030 and a poster made reference to the UN "blue helmets", the "peace keepers". I was like eh?! Blue? So I clicked on their link to the heinous acts of the UN, and low and behold blue bloody helmets! And not only that, it is the shade of blue I really don't like, Cyan.

So, immediately I think I must have gotten something mixed up, perhaps there is another UN with white helmets, or something similar. I so did a search and only came up with white motor cycle helmets or medics in war zones, I tried a few search teams and cannot find the image I have in my mind for the UN "peace keepers".

White helmets with black UN writing. Not these...

I am happy for someone to tell me what I have gotten this mixed up with. I would also love if someone with some image skills could colour one of those UN helmets white with black text!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dae

UN has always been blue, but some EU forces have white helmets and work with UN forces. Perhaps you saw those and got confused? We can't start blaming every bad memory on merging timelines or the list will never end.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You pronounced it styne or steen though. When recalling the memory your brain spelled it stein as that is how you thought it should have been spelled.

I have posted several scientific studies on how your brain can change physical memories.

My child's brain didn't care how it was spelled or should have been spelled.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Right, but at some point in your adult life you recalled the memory and lo and behold your memory had been rewritten by your future self. The way you thought things should have been altered the memory.

So far in this thread those who are firm berensteiners seem to be the ones who aren't reading, probably intentionally, the scientific material that has been provided on memories.

Just a few posts up in fact I was accused of providing no evidence of how memories work yet simply clicking all posts by me in this thread shows they are 100% wrong. In fact, I directly replied to these users with the information further proving the theory they simply have bad memories.

I've also provided quantum theory links on how universes can't merge, they would just instantaneously destroy each other.

I also linked to an article on how time travel isn't an option because that's not how it works.

What have the berensteiners provided? A gut feeling...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's basically the same point being made by naysayers of this topic: we're remembering it wrong. We can state that, no, we are not. We can explain memories of asking adults how to pronounce it because of the "-stein" spelling, and I also remember adults pronouncing it differently. You can argue that we are just remembering it wrongly but that doesn't explain every else away. Why are we remembering the same precise things the same? Why so many people, so recently? Even from an outside view, after a while one should notice by the pure scope of the people with alternate memories (and again, on precise and same things) that gee, perhaps there might be something to it.

If you don't believe and refuse to ever consider it, you can always move along to a topic that you have some constructive points, arguments, or info to share on.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Ah I don't even have to open that link to know what this is. The so-called Mandela effect. It's really peaks my interest. Just from random internet browsing on this topic in specific a while back I actually some how ended up on the Youtuber "Shane Dawson" video. He had discussed the Mandela effect also including this and more that we seem to remember incorrectly. Which I know for a fact this is freaking STEINN. I will never think of it differently.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
A lot of people remember "definitely" being spelled "definately," myself included. I'm wondering how many people remember the latter spelling/pronunciation. As a writer this intrigued me when I first noticed it a few years ago. In the current reality, this is considered the most misspelled word in the English language (go figure..!)

Another one is "dilemna." I clearly remember being taught this in school because of the odd spelling: "-mna." The "N" just confuses you as a kid. Obviously, it's silent. However, now the correct way of spelling it is: "dilemma!" It's as if someone has 'dumbed down' the word. Many people remember it quite vividly.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Seraii

I watched his video on that and shared it here a while back. I'd never heard of him before but I liked his video (he was entertaining.) It is a weird topic and there are so, so many people with the alternate memories.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Yes, definitely. It is an extremely weird phenomena. And yes Shane is very entertaining. I do enjoy all his conspiracy videos. Anyhow... Not drifting too far off subject--its weird how you feel that reality warps but your mind is left stranded in the past. There's still probably a lot of Mandela effects that have occurred right in front of my eyes, when I notice a few of them, I think I'm just going crazy

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

What have the berensteiners provided? A gut feeling...

Do you really think these threads would go on and on over just a gut feeling? I wouldn't come in here and try to debate just a gut feeling on this. There are many things I will admit a faulty memory over, but with some things there are no doubts whatsoever. If even for an instant I felt I might be wrong or wasn't quite sure, I would say so.

It was the Berenstein Bears.

Over and over again we read and heard Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Over and over again, we heard and watched Mr. Rogers singing It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and sang it ourselves. As children we don't care if it's Berenstein or Berenstain, A beautiful day in THE or THIS neighborhood, mirror, mirror on the wall or magic mirror. Actually magic mirror would make more sense, but that is not how we remembered it.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join