It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Morning,

So, can we arrest Obama yet?
He has now set a dangerous precident that will open the door to American soldiers being captured for ransom.
Who the he77 was this sergeant anyways that the nation's policy to terrorism hadda be rewritten for this one guy?
(My money says this army dude is CIA)
This whole thing stinks.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Guess what?
Obama hadda bypass Congress to do this deal.
Oh?
What was that?
Completely Illegal you say?
Congress & lawmakers must be notified of the swap before it can get the green light...and OBAMA didn't do that?
Ya don't say...

www.washingtonpost.com... e3-afc6-a1dd9407abcf_print.html

So, can we arrest Obama yet?

-Peace-

edit on 1-6-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

edit on 6/1/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Correct presidents name. End of Political Baiting

edit on Sun Jun 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: another correction

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Nope, but youll keep on posting sensionalist tittles to show the world how you really feel about your puppet president.

At least you didint say the 5 most evil ones lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Never mind.

I went and read the other headlines from the source in the OP and it seems to have a liberal-bashing agenda. While I'm a fairly conservative gal, I can't fully trust this source, given some of their headlines.

edit on 1-6-2014 by DustbowlDebutante because: Read source and changed my mind.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

I agree. This soldier must be "someone" or know "something."

This deserter more than likely knows nothing. If you have read up on this guy he walked off his post to look for the Taliban because he wanted to "walk the world". We lost several like six men while looking for this guy. They even gave this guy a parting gift for goodness sake how many other prisoners have they done this for? He won't be prosecuted like he should be he will be paraded around as another "hero" for the war on terror when he should be thrown into a military prison and the key thrown away.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Didn't the US has a policy of no negotiating with terrorist? what happen to that, beside that, I guess now the government know where the new "number ones" are and easily targeted with drones.

Unless is a new policy under Obama to start protecting Islamic criminals in order to make terrorist friendly.

I am just been sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We do not negotiate with terrorists.....

Yeah we do..................................

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What happened to that "we will not negotiate with terrorists" thing?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Damned if you
Damned if you don't!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

edit on 1-6-2014 by ausername because: bad embed video

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Obama did not negotiate with terrorists at all ... as stated in the OP, he completely bypassed congress!

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This should never have been done.

Obama seems to be on the side of al-Qaeda since he has been in office... this is just further proof of that. I'm glad that soldier is home, but like already mentioned, many who went looking for him are now dead.... plus we have 5 top Taliban people - after being detained and possibly tortured for many years, free to do whatever they like.

This is just not smart. Not smart at all.

We seriously need a new president who is not so partial to the terrorists. I'm sick of funding them, and now I am a lot upset we are freeing people like this...

Now all our soldiers in other countries are now going to be in even more danger of being kidnapped for ransom... ridiculous.

This whole damn thing is ridiculous...
edit on 1-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well then, I guess he took it upon himself to personally negotiate with terrorists then...

Terrorism is as terrorism and terrorists do...

Gumpian theory.

a reply to: DietJoke

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Eryiedes

I do find it kind of strange that Bilderberg '14 took place this week and then they let go five terrorists for our one soldier...I remember his story and that they really questioned as to how the guy ended up captured.

Idk, hopefully it is just what they had to do to bring him back, but you do bring up valid points. If the guy was taken and held against his will then I am glad that we have him back. If he walked into their open arms, well then, that's quite worrisome.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Let's see now, was Reagan indicted or accused of being a traitor after the Iran-Contra scandal? Let me think now...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Yeah we do..................................

Bush didn't but Obama seems to be willing and able to just do what ever he pleases these days. Must be that magical and all powerful pen he has. Wonder where I can get one of those pens, lol!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I agree. This soldier must be "someone" or know "something."

This deserter more than likely knows nothing. If you have read up on this guy he walked off his post to look for the Taliban because he wanted to "walk the world". We lost several like six men while looking for this guy. They even gave this guy a parting gift for goodness sake how many other prisoners have they done this for? He won't be prosecuted like he should be he will be paraded around as another "hero" for the war on terror when he should be thrown into a military prison and the key thrown away.

No, I hadn't read anything much about this guy...

If he got himself into it though, why did we sacrifice six other men looking for him, then trade 5 Taliban for him and now are making him out as a hero, as you say? If he walked off from his post, isn't that some sort of military crime?

Does the gov do this type of trade for every kidnapped soldier?

I'm not being snarky, I really am curious...

And is this news site legit? Or is it just another sensationalist partisan rag?

Disclaimer: I generally avoid the political threads. I'm so jaded when it comes to politics that I don't even bother reading the lies from either side anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It's okay, I'm sure they made these captives in Guantanamo agree to be nice and not attack us, or plan attacks on us, or our soldiers... In writing even, before they are released.

So, It's all good.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The story is legit, its in the washington post as well... this really happened. Washington Post Link

Obama was talking about trying to "sweeten the deal" in order to get the Taliban to release this guy... apparently that was this sweet, 5 top guys for one deserter without any assurances they wont be going back to fighting us. Washington Post Backstory in Febuary

As for whether or not he deserted, yes... he did:

Bergdahl, an Army infantryman assigned to a unit from Alaska, was taken captive after walking off his base in the eastern province of Paktika, a decision that confounded his comrades and commanders in Afghanistan

^^ From the backstory link above.

edit on 1-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Obama did not negotiate with terrorists at all ... as stated in the OP, he completely bypassed congress!

Seems that congress has once again underestimated the almighty power of Obama's pen and phone.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Obama broke the law. Period.

The White House agreed that actions were taken in spite of legal requirements and cited “unique and exigent circumstances” as justification.
Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join