It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of U.S. Vice President Biden Joins Ukraine Gas Company

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Remember when they at least tried to keep up appearances? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was my EXACT thought when I read your headline...unbelievable. Well, was fun while it lasted. I wonder what job I'll get in the internment camps?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It aint like the Russian oligarchs are any more or less altruistic than their American counterparts, so I do not really care who ends up on top in this conflict. I hope they have the decency to not involve too deeply those whom do not stand to gain.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am honestly considering leaving this country. Just go into the forest and live predator style. Watch out for that trip wire!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

only crazy conspiracy theorists would believe that it is suspicious. It is obviously just a coincidence and this crisis is very real and i actually cant sleep at night since it started... Truly the goal aint to scare people and to produce a situation in which a new world order would be seen as the best and fix-it-all solution....

When i see how many people, even here, fell for it and still do now, i just have to wonder, isnt it written that a new world order will be born? There is truly no real obstacle to it. People who think that talking about it on boards will change #, then they are madder than the ones behind this whole situation. It is a game for whoever is the king, and probably a boring one because there are no real opponents.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Since it's been on the news than the propaganda machine is setting it up to have US citizens in my opinion go against Russia and support a possible war. So why would the Vice President's son go and take a job like this...it barely even makes sense politically other than money being the main objective...this justs looks bad on different levels..FAIL

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit you're an idiot... it's all Putin's fault. Putin is the demon spawn set to rob us of our freedoms. The USA is righteous and has no ulterior motive!

/sarcasm off

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The amount of corruption, fraud and conflict of interest in this administration is astoundingly brazen. This brings back memories of dictatorships and communism.

reply to: Wrabbit2000

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yeah it's pretty apparent now they will just do this stuff out in the open knowing no consequences will amount. Meanwhile we're all distracted by division. Who cares right, where's the popcorn?!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
More unconfirmed informations about the big business, Hunter's coming was only the first step:

Turchinov-Yatsenyuk signed an agreement with IMF about giving all the gas transfer pipelines of Ukraint to Chevron as a gift.

The Mariupol, the Zaporiz'ka, and 60 percent of the Dniepropetrovsk metallurgical plants was given to the company Ruhr owned by the Germans.

Donbass Mine shall be rewarded to the Ruhr company's Finnish subsidiary.

Waiting for official statement...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Is this really such a big conspiracy and crime?

When a blood relative to the U.S. Vice President takes a prominent position in a nation we've alternatively claimed credit for helping while denying we had anything to do with changing? Oh yeah. It's a pretty big ethical thing.

I agree it's an ethically careless move. I think it looks bad. I think there is zero doubt that if Hunter Biden's last name was not Biden, he would not have been offered the job. The other side of the coin is...It is not illegal for a relative of a US Politician to take a job or make as much money as they can....and this Energy firms in the region and even this specific energy firm regularly hires relatives of Politicians.

and on Wednesday, Ukrainian media reported that former Polish president Aleksander Kwasniewski would also join the board. It's an impressive crowd.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I think it looks bad and he is cashing in on his name without regard for how it appears on the world stage, but I don't see it as a sign of a larger conspiracy beyond the usual circle jerk of the wealthy elite.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have to admit...I do not see the "conflict of interest" here in any legal sense. The son of our VP is involved in an oil company. So what? Is he not allowed to earn a living? What's the conspiracy here other than people with parents in power tend to have great opportunities to succeed? What am I missing?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Indigo is correct in saying there are no laws against what he's done here....in his current position. That should probably be reviewed and changed after this bunch leave those offices. I imagine no one thought of a Vice President seeing his own direct family appointed into major positions within a foreign nation we're up to our eyeballs in dispute over with another world power.

In OTHER settings where people have lost tolerance with this form of corruption, it's called Nepotism and it is an outright criminal offense in some, but not all states. Biden comes from Delaware and it's an ethical issue but not outright illegal there. (Given the sheer lifetime he has in politics there, I'm sure that law has his fingerprints on it somewhere, too.)

Nepotism restrictions for state legislators.

I think this is one of those examples where 'legal' and 'right' are totally unrelated, with legal being the case because someone hasn't thought to make it otherwise...until now, perhaps.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If Joe Bidden is selected as President guess who will he just happen to pick as his chief of staff? All this is not business as usual it's war profiteering at it's most base level.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow. They are so confident that all of us are blind that they flaunt it in front of us. I bet most people would say, oh what a good job he got....how lucky for him.

Don't be worried that billions of our tax dollars will be used to keep Ukraine on our side, one of our predominant citizens has a job there. Yup, I would definitely say conflict of interest. Even McCain has a big smile on his face.

No, they know we arent blind.........

They know that the American people have gotten apathetic and dont care.......which is much much worse

This administration scares me more than any before BECAUSE they are so bold. They know we see...they don't care. They know we know they lie...outright...they don't care. Why? Simple! They believe they have won and there is nothing we can do. Well, they are wrong. But they are "dressing for the job they want, not the job they have" and they assume that we will "get used to it". Not me...not for a second.

This government will eventually fall. And I can't wait for that day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join