It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370: Malaysian PM tells passengers’ families missing plane crashed in Indian Ocean

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012

The turn south came after they were out of radar range. Not every portion of this flight was tracked on radar. The path south came from the Inmarsat pings from the engine health system. They were out of radar range for most of the flight. And China is demanding the satellite data, not the radar data.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

That is a valid question, and on that, you are ahead of the media. Actually given the currents, the first place surface debris would make landfall would be in Antarctica. Or if the plane tracked extremely farther west than is currently postulated, then possibly the east coast of Africa.

Which poses the question, even though there is limited manpower permanently stationed at the south pole, shouldn't someone by this time have at least gone to the coastline for a look?

Now, don't anyone get excited about opening a second front for aircraft based searches, landing there includes never shutting off the engines and taking back off within four minutes.

That may answer the question in Antarctica, it could be that there is no land based vehicle capable of making it from the station to coastline. However, a coastline search of Africa should have been completed by now for exactly that reason. And I have heard no mention of any such search.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

CaptainBeno
As a pilot, I want to know why the captain (If he did this) went to all this trouble just to run out of fuel and fall from the sky? Suicide? No? Terrorism No? Something does not smell right at all. AT ALL.

Bull# yes.

I have to agree i still doubt the current the news of how the plane vanished.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

They decided to bring an end to it, I believe none of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reldra

I still believe kazakhstan as a landing point.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

reldra
reply to post by vkey08

I'm with on the idea that they wanted this story to end.

We are still in exactly the same position as we were a few days ago with this story, except that a Malaysian official has claimed that the plane is lost in the Southern Indian Ocean.

There is still no wreckage, no bodies, no explanation, no proof of what happened.

The offical story is basically a shoulder shrug and "pfffffffffftt must've crashed in the sea".
edit on 26-3-2014 by Vasteel because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Vasteel

reldra
reply to post by vkey08

I'm with on the idea that they wanted this story to end.

We are still in exactly the same position as we were a few days ago with this story, except that a Malaysian official has claimed that the plane is lost in the Southern Indian Ocean.

There is still no wreckage, no bodies, no explanation, no proof of what happened.

The offical story is basically a shoulder shrug and "pfffffffffftt must've crashed in the sea".
edit on 26-3-2014 by Vasteel because: spelling

If they wanted to bring it to an end there wouldn't be more searching and more ships and more planes speeding to an area that now potentially has 122 more objects to investigate..

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

an area that now potentially has 122 more objects to investigate..

Love the Media ! I heard this news this morning on Canada AM, some guy from Malaysia holding papers and stating that they found over a hundred pieces of debris...and what picture do they show? The one that we saw from the first satellite shots, weeks ago, that has a 24M unidentified piece...

No wonder the families are not buying this. This whole investigation has been a joke since the very beginning and the Media is treating it as such.

How can anyone take this seriously any more?

The plane climbed to 45,000....oh....errr....no it didn't...

The turn was programmed before the "All right Good Night"....oh...errr....no it wasn't...

The transponder was cut off manually....oh...errr....maybe not....

The plane plunged to twenty something thousand feet in a record time....oh....errr....no it didn't...

It was witnessed flying low by many witnesses...oh...errr....no it wasn't...

Cell phones not working, no mayday issued, captain has a call from a stolen identity cell before take off, another plane tried communicating with MH370 just after it disappeared without success....but then again....maybe all of these aren't true either, right?

Pics and pics and pics of debris...now, over a hundred pieces. Seems like we don't have enough planes or boats on this planet to pinpoint them and just pick ONE of those up...

Those poor passengers and crew (wherever they are, dead or alive) deserve better than this crap.

So do the families.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I smell a great debate topic

Don't you?
edit on 2632014 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Haha !!! Or many Debate topics lol !!!!

How about the "MH370 What's true & What's not" Debate....

Unfortunately, aside from opinions and data that changes by the minute, it would be hard for both sides to back up the claims.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Kinda magical (as I stated in a recent other post) that the day after the surviving family members basically rip the Malaysian government a new bunghole because they've got nothing, done less and seemingly change stories more times than the Jackson family changes noses, they come up with satellite evidence of 122 pieces of debris.

Uhhhhhhhhh . . . . huh.

By the way, why was this stuff not detected previously on satellite . . . or is it a magical satellite that only works when the heat gets turned up on what clearly appears to be a bungled investigation.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

SonoftheSun
reply to post by vkey08

Haha !!! Or many Debate topics lol !!!!

How about the "MH370 What's true & What's not" Debate....

Unfortunately, aside from opinions and data that changes by the minute, it would be hard for both sides to back up the claims.

I know it would have to wait until we had at least a little more concrete information to go on... Which I am sad to say is in very short supply when it comes down to this..

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

GoalPoster
Kinda magical (as I stated in a recent other post) that the day after the surviving family members basically rip the Malaysian government a new bunghole because they've got nothing, done less and seemingly change stories more times than the Jackson family changes noses, they come up with satellite evidence of 122 pieces of debris.

Uhhhhhhhhh . . . . huh.

By the way, why was this stuff not detected previously on satellite . . . or is it a magical satellite that only works when the heat gets turned up on what clearly appears to be a bungled investigation.

How about because they need decent visibility, even with satellite, to spot things in a completely remote part of the ocean. And because the areas to search are so vast.

It was equated to putting a 5 pence piece somewhere in London and then asking someone to find it. Yes it is possible but it is also bloody hard. If the plane is in pieces, then there are very few bits to get a "ping" from. It is also an area that gets regular 60ft swells and is at the top range of search capabilities.

Anyone of those problems would make it very difficult to locate. With all of them together, i am actually amazed anything has been found at all.

And lets not forget that until ships can verify exactly what this debris is, we still do not know.

For me the really surprising thing is just how surprised people seem to be at the difficulties involved here.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

12voltz
Just wondering if anyone would know an estimate regarding how long before debris like lifejackets,,anything that floats,etc
will start to wash up on WA and possibly SA and VIC beaches? and the protocol for handing in these 'suspicious objects' as they like to call them.?
Lots of surfers ,fishermen and beachcombers frequent the coastline ,so most likely something will be spotted soon .No?
The picture is just off images so not sure how accurate. Awaiting expert confirmation

I'm not sure that anything need wash up. The area of search is in the 'Roaring Forties' and it's like a fast flowing river in the sea, west to East, and variable. I think it can get even worse the further South you go, with names like Furious Fifties and Screaming Sixties.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

GoalPoster

Uhhhhhhhhh . . . . huh.

Satellites have a CCD sensor something like 8192x8192 pixels. Now they can either take an entire photograph of the planet - not much help, since we know the plane is somewhere on the planet. Or they can take lots of photographs of individual square kilometers of ocean. Lots of data, but now you need hundreds of millions of photographs. Then you can only take pictures when cloud cover is clear. Just to make things even more complicated there are all sorts of flotsam and junk that has been blown off container ships or released from sinking containers.

That's the problem that the searchers have - they can take lots of photographs, then someone has to go through them.

And if there is any debris, if it is at the center of one of the oceans where there is no current (a gyre) it could remain there for decades rather than reach any shore.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

And then you can add in satellite radar data, which picks up pretty much everything including waves and ice, and tries to make a picture of the area.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

jamestkirk

CaptainBeno
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed
...Nothing adds up here.

Pilots are trained to do things immediately in the event of something like you are suggesting. Even if the whole aircraft were dead from something. The pilots would be alive on oxygen and able to squeeze at least one broadcast off. We are told to communicate asap.

No Epirb signals, no emergency broadcasts, no black box pings. No miles and miles of floating wreckage. No oil. Nothing...

i agree fellow pilot. i hold a commercial pilot certificate.

but remember- aviate, navigate THEN communicate. however this diatribe means nothing. this is a conspiratorial mess. the transponder and the ACARS is shut down. just to crash into the S indian ocean.....huh?

kirk out

What I love about this is that not 1 but 2 pilots have now thrown their tuppence worth in the ring about how they find this all to be suspect yet so many people are banging on about how the OS makes sense...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have several questions in my head:
1. why did they not yet pick up a piece of the debries, ven though they know their exact location? they know the currents and should be able to find one
2. why do they 100% that this debries are from the missing plane?
3. why is there no help from the USA? I mean they have spy satellites, that can resolve pieces of a diameter of 3cm, and the best we can get are some blurry pictures of debries that are several meters large?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

There were only two ships in the area on a regular basis as of two days ago. They were diverting other ships to the region as necessary.

The US is helping. You can't use a satellite to view an area if its orbit doesn't go over that area. There are US ships and planes in the search. The reason the pictures are grainy is they are radar images, not optical. Wraith the weather in the area radar is better for the search, so a US satellite wouldn't be better.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I have to agree with you on this one. MAYBE the whole thing is just one big accident and chain of unfortunate circumstances but I've never bought into that many coincidences happening. As far as I'm concerned, there's just far too many unanswered questions for this to resolved by an 'official news release' stating that the plane has crashed into the ocean and NO ONE survived either. No distress calls and a few pieces of wreckage that may or may not be the actual plane. I suspect that this enigma may never be completely answered if everyone accepts the official story as 'the whole truth'. We've just got to keep on asking questions and doing some digging. My final thoughts are a true prayer for all of the people who were aboard this flight. I'm truly sorry that the family, friends and acquaintances of those on this flight have had to deal with so many unanswered questions for far too long!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join